Darts...

Sideshow

I've never liked Brendan Dolan. Such a boring shite player who has had the week of his life. Means we'll have to put up with his mediocrity on the tv more in the upcoming tournaments.

Is he any worse than some of the guys in the top 32? Really? If he's really that bad he'll get papped out of tournaments early doors anyways. Don't see why you've taken such an issue with it.

Whats he done prior to this? Turn up average in the mid-lower eighties in a tournament and get sent home without putting up a fight, as of now this is just a fluke unless he somehow consistently builds on this which I cannot see happening. He get shafted 8-1 off some no mark in the UK Open.

Edited by MTJ

That's kind of my point though. He's not exactly going to do anything so you'll see little of him. And there's a few players like that in the top 32 at the moment. I agree that this kind of run is going to be very rare for him, but he's done it, played well and surely hats should be off to him. Even got a nine darter, the first ever in the World Grand Prix and I'll assume the first live double start nine darter. I can't bring myself to dislike someone playing not only well, but doing the Hollywood stuff as well. That's why I've been really enjoying Taylor since the Matchplay as well.

A 'shite player' doesn't do a 9 dart finish on a double start I'm afraid. He's played great darts all week and it's the kind of week that could well give him the confidence to boost further in the rankings. ALL these players in the top 32-64 are cracking darts players but not many can bring it on the stage.

Give Dolan credit where credit's due.

He's not exactlly PL material.Ok he has played good darts but the crowd have helped him win his matches.Hendo should of took him out but got booed on vital doubles.

As soon as taylor complains to the ref tonight they will shut up.

Could anyone else see Dolan getting a PL place if he doesn't embarrass himself in the Worlds?

That would be a complete travesty. He'd get his arse handed to him every week. As far as I'm concerned this is his 15 minutes of fame this week, and he'll disappear back to being a guy who does well if he even makes a tv tournament never mind get past the 2nd round, his best tv tournament prior to this was the last 16 at the UK Open 3 years ago. Hes never even qualified for the Matchplay, the Euros or the Grand Slam (until now).

I'm not doubting anyone who plays darts at this level isn't a good player,, but I think hes a fraud if anyone wants to call him a top player like those who do it on a regular basis or have trophies to show for it. I'll maybe lay off the guy if he can string some consistency together beyond one tournament. Hes the sort of player who makes you want to turn the tv off, a straight ton shooter who is reasonably solid on the doubles and has as much personality as a wet dish towel.

That would be a complete travesty. He'd get his arse handed to him every week. As far as I'm concerned this is his 15 minutes of fame this week, and he'll disappear back to being a guy who does well if he even makes a tv tournament never mind get past the 2nd round, his best tv tournament prior to this was the last 16 at the UK Open 3 years ago. Hes never even qualified for the Matchplay, the Euros or the Grand Slam (until now).

I'm not doubting anyone who plays darts at this level isn't a good player,, but I think hes a fraud if anyone wants to call him a top player like those who do it on a regular basis or have trophies to show for it. I'll maybe lay off the guy if he can string some consistency together beyond one tournament. Hes the sort of player who makes you want to turn the tv off, a straight ton shooter who is reasonably solid on the doubles and has as much personality as a wet dish towel.

I think you've made your point.

From his interviews he seems like a genuine, likeable dude and its good to see him have his "15 minutes of fame". I'd much rather see Dolan over that utter embarrassment Nicholson in the Premier League.

Hes the sort of player who makes you want to turn the tv off, a straight ton shooter who is reasonably solid on the doubles and has as much personality as a wet dish towel.

Yet you don't seem to take issue with Terry Jenkins' name being touted. He's exactly as you just described there.

I'm not saying he should get in, but with this run, the 9 darter and the PL being in Dublin for the first time ever I do wonder if Sky might use one of their picks on him.

Although Sky have been guilty of wasting picks in the past (Wayne fucking Mardle, anyone?) they've been a lot more shrewd in recent years. Unless Dolan carries on this form in the Grand Slam and the Worlds then I don't see him getting a wildcard from either Sky or the PDC.

Funny how the crowd booed big John the other night, nothing said, they boo Taylor, the ref jumps in, pish. Taylor is an utter c**t, & these c***s that lick his arse are even worse, Mardle in the commentary box, I`m off, slavering c**t.