Darts...

Sideshow

Warriner-Little's patter is absolutely horrific. "He's hoping to make this a close encounter, but not of the third kind!"

I couldn't stand him as a player, and I dislike him even more now as a commentator. At least Mason is there to add some degree of sanity in the commentary box.

On the subject of Kevin Painter. The best thing about him is this paragraph on his 'Exhibition' website.

"The Kevin Painter you see on TV is 100% AT WORK.......He's Committed and Stern... it's the way he attacks his business.....But wait till you meet him. The Kevin Painter you meet at a Darts Exhibition is a Million % different... an easy going, laid back pal to all, he aims to please in his exhibitions.... and always delivers... autographs and pictures are are a must and your audience WILL leave with a smile, Kevin has returned to venues for eight years on the bounce.... How many Darts pro's can boast that.."

Looking ahead at the draw for the 2nd round. Stompe vs Chisnall, Jones vs Walsh, Newton vs Wright and Brown vs Wade are all potentially cracking matches. You also have the chance for a meeting between Anderson and Painter, with King potentially meeting Phil Taylor.

Could be a very entertaining Saturday!

Thought with me working late I'd dodge the slow, slow show from Pipe. Wasn't so lucky. He had far too much in his locker for Hendo, though.

Jenks has got off to a decent start here - nearly got the nine darter in the 1st leg and looks favourite for the 2nd.