Darts...

Sideshow

Jim Proudfoot: "the shouting from the crowd has affected both players"

No Jim, it's affected Harms. O'Shea pinned the double straight away ya twat.

Think you mean Vassos Alexander, but I know what you're on about - O'Shea banged that double in.

That was a great match. Really looking forward to the final now.

Tony O'Shea is an idiot for going to 16s on 80 with Waites on 64. Got what he deserved in that leg.

Aye, he's paid the price for that - Waites goes 1-0 up.

Colin Murray mentioned before that since going to 13 sets every final has either been 7-5 or 7-6. Cue this one being a 7-3/7-4 contest.

I get the feeling Waites will do just that. Too many slack darts and dodgy scoring from O'Shea and Waites has remained solid.

EDIT: Plenty of time to turn that around of course!

Edited by DomDom

This is the first match I've seen of the tournament- couple of comments:

I do like the BBC dart counter showing how many darts have been thrown in a leg. Surprised Sky don't do it although if it was showing 21 dart legs all the time they wouldn't be able to do their hype overload.

The sound mic is odd. It's like they're trying to emphasise how hard the dart is going into the board.

Crowd order is a world apart from the PDC world champs.

Colin Murray tries too hard. But you knew that.

As for the game, O'Shea hasn't got going yet at all, don't really care who wins but would like a 7-5 or 7-6.

This is the first match I've seen of the tournament- couple of comments:

I do like the BBC dart counter showing how many darts have been thrown in a leg. Surprised Sky don't do it although if it was showing 21 dart legs all the time they wouldn't be able to do their hype overload.

They could take the current three dart scores away from the right hand side though, a bit too much going on and it's kinda unnecccesary.