Rugby Union

kiwififer

I'm in the back row of the north stand right in the centre. I'd sat there a couple of times last season, it's actually quite a decent height and is easy enough to follow the game. I'd have preferred a similar position maybe a little higher in the main stand but that wasn't available when we decided to go for season tickets.

Generally get the train and have a couple of beers at the game so parking isn't an issue. I like that scotstoun feels more like a real home for Glasgow than firhill ever did.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday was pretty poor... I think. I was pretty drunk and ecstatic from the Aberdeen result so my memories of the rugby are pretty blurry.

Scotland looked awful, basic mistakes constantly being made, tackling seemed to have been forgotten about and when you are surprised to see Scotland win their own line-out you know it's been a bad performance. Pretty dire atmosphere as well, perhaps it was due to the quality of the rugby on show but the atmosphere was better at the Japan match in the autumn than it was last night. Apart from booing 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot' I don't think Scotland fans opened their mouths.

Wooden spoon beckons methinks.

Still, Aberdeen beat Celtic and are through to the Scottish Cup quarter Finals, so I'm not sure how much I care this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Cusiter is to leave Glasgow for the Sale Sharks at the end of the season Low is also leaving Glasgow to join Exeter at the end of the season.

Edinburgh have signed Allan Dell from Natal Sharks he is a 21 year old prop who is South African and can qualifies for Scotland due to his grandmother. They have also signed to Kiwis Simon Berghan who is 23 and also a prop from Cantebery and also qualifies for Scotland due to his grandfather and Nick McLennan who is a outside back (full back) from Hawke's Bay and qualifies for Scotland due to his grandparents. Scotland U20 winger Damien Hoyland will join Edinburgh from Melrose at the end of the season.

• 1 month later...

Good win for Glasgow tonight, 6 of their last 8 games are at home. Need to make home advantage count in the push for play offs again.

Cusiter will be a big miss when he goes, Calling Nico a loose cannon at scrum half is a bit of an understatement. Not sure if the plan is to bring in someone else or go with Pyrgos as another option at 9.

• 4 weeks later...

Glasgow going great at the moment with back to back wins over Munster and Ulster. 3 winnable games left at home to Edinburgh, away to Treviso, then home to Zebre. Good chance they could finish in the top 2 and bag a home game in the playoffs.

Cusiter still had another year on his contract to go, can't believe the decision makers have agreed to his release. He's probably one of the highest earners and has spent a lot of time injured, but by far and away Scotland's best scrum half.

Glasgow have been playing some good stuff recently, sound defensively and good going forward. In Finn Russell I think we have our long term #10 for Scotland. Good form has also coincided with the return of Sean Maitland, what a classy player he is.

I caught the Zebre vs Edinburgh game yesterday, what a joke they've become. I can't think of any Edinburgh player who'd get a game at Glasgow save for Matt Scott, and at that, Horne, Dunbar and Bennett are all good centres.

2nd place between Glasgow and Munster IMO, the Warriors should really be looking at bonus point victories over Edinburgh and Zebre at home, and a good chance against Treviso away. Munster will probably get a bonus point over Edinburgh and their final game is home to Ulster. Will be tight!

As for the summer tour, I'm hoping Reid, Russell, and Bennett all get game time, they've been standouts recently. I'd take Murchie ahead of Hogg too.

Early days with Russell but he looks a very good prospect. With his arrival Jackson won't be a great loss, not sure where he will end up, perhaps even a move Edinburgh? He'd benefit from regular game time. Think him and weir being rotated at 10 didn't do either guy any favours.

Jackson is apparently on his way to Wasps. I like him and prefer him to Weir, but agree the rotation didn't work. I've noticed Heathcote isn't even getting on the bench for Bath nowadays, I wonder if he's on his way to Edinburgh? Would be a good move for him, I've liked him on the few occasions I've seen him. Also heard a rumour that Euan Murray will be on his way to Scotstoun, nicely filling the gap left by Moray Low.

DTH also apparently leaving Glasgow for Ulster.

I wouldn't have Euan Murray at scotstoun or as part of the Scotland set up anymore. With European (Heineken) cup games at times being on Sundays as well as internationals I think it upsets the balance of a side to have him playing then dropping out because of his refusal to play Sundays.

DTH also apparently leaving Glasgow for Ulster.

I wouldn't have Euan Murray at scotstoun or as part of the Scotland set up anymore. With European (Heineken) cup games at times being on Sundays as well as internationals I think it upsets the balance of a side to have him playing then dropping out because of his refusal to play Sundays.

Agree on Murray. Not heard much about DTH leaving though.

Swapping Weir and Jackson around hasn't helped much. Finn Russell looks good but I have concerns, we said similar about so many players- early days I guess.

Maitland is a classy player and be interesting to see when Hogg returns.

Glasgow are lightyears ahead of the shambles that is Edinburgh rugby.

Gutted if DTH is leaving, has been one of the best players for Glasgow over the last few years, just a pity he's Canadian.

If we win our last 3 games well we could finish 2nd and get a home semi final, and having beaten all the teams that are in the top 5 at the moment, except Leinster in the last month I think we have a shot of getting into the final

I've not heard about DTH but there seems to be rumours that Hogg is Ulster bound? Seems to have been mentioned in the Belfast telegraph and on forums. Really good depth at Glasgow now when we've not missed these 2 plus Lamont in recent weeks.

I still think Murray would be a good signing, no doubting that he's a quality player and his Sunday absences could be covered by Townsend's rotation policy, plus at 34 he won't be playing every game anyway. Had he been here this season, he would have only missed the first HC double header against Toulon and Exeter, as Connacht and Dragons were both on international weekends.

There's a piece about the goings on at Edinburgh on the bbc sport site. Glasgow seem to have the right balance of home grown experienced players, blooding younger players and great contributions from the overseas players in the squad. DTH, Strauss, Nico have all been good effective players for Glasgow. Edinburgh since the change of coach in the summer have flooded their squad with average players to the detriment of scots. The whole point of both sides should be to filter players to the international side having first played at a high level (pro12, European cup).

I've got a season ticket for Scotstoun. Edinburgh are a complete mess with all these SH journeymen. They've started playing their best player in Matt Scott out of position to accommodate a 30 year old South African. Du Preez looks like a decent project signing, but none of the rest of them will be good enough to play for Scotland (can't believe some are tipping Nel to be our tighthead for the 2015 WC). They'd be better off giving youngsters like Turner, Allan and Watson game time, plus they're losing experiened Scottish pros in Cross, Rennie, Laidlaw and De Luca in the summer. Cue an Edinburgh win on Saturday...

Surprised that Jackson is going to Wasps though in fairness I don't pay much attention to premiership rugby so have no idea where they currently stand in league position. Just a big club with no doubt a large player pool.

Also surprised that he starts the game tomorrow. Unless for the sake of injuries I wouldn't have tinkered too much with last weeks team.

I think Murchies injured so Russel has moved to centre.

I think there will be a few changes for each of the next 3 games, Townsend will want a fairly settled side as we need to win all 3, but will also be wanting to give people game time / a rest with the bigger games of the playoffs coming up

Fingers crossed there are no slip ups and Glasgow can get a home tie for the semi final.

Here's a question though, the final is held at the stadium of whoever finished highest in the league of the two finalist is that correct? Maybe needs reviewed in future.

With the European cup restructure and increased exposure via the sky deal and a new league sponsor next season I'd expect the pro 12 to be even more competitive for next season.