Rugby Union

kiwififer

Glasgow lead 9-7 at half time, 3 penalties to a converted try that looked debatable but was given by the TMO. Munster trying everything in the book to kill both the ball and the clock, see what happens now they are behind.

Awesome. As mentioned above it felt more like a football type atmosphere tonight. Given what was at stake people did get more riled at referees decisions. Few dodgy calls especially the the glasgow lineout in the second half and giving a lineout in favour of munster when it blatantly went in to touch off a munster player.

Brilliant achievement from Glasgow, that's as good as I've felt at the end of any game I've been to outside of Scotland beating France at Hampden. Let's go win the fckn thing now.

Also get it round you the Welsh pundits on scrum v who dismissed glasgow as an average workman like side who despite winning more games than any other side this season got lucky to make the playoffs.

Great game and as has been said it was more like a football atmosphere, I'm sure I heard a few shouts of cheat aimed at the referee. Does anyone know where the final would be played if Ulster beat Leinster?

Just started to calm down after that. Best atmosphere ever at a Glasgow game. I have been going since the Caly Reds days, was there on the first night of the Celtic League, the dire days of Kiwi Seranke & never did I think I would see Glasgow make it to the finals. Really proud. The fans were excellent & only time I have celebrated more at full time was in 98 when Lie won the Scottish.

Let's go win it now either at the Aviva or wherever in Glasgow.

Well done to Big Al & the boys.

Edited by Arthurlie1981

There is talk of the game being played in Ravenhill (Ulster's ground) if they win on Saturday and not a Scottish venue. But there is also talk of Celtic park being put forward as a venue by Glasgow/SRU but the venue is picked by the Pro 12 league.

Game will be on Saturday the 31st and a 1815 K/O

Edited by ajwffc

Awesome. As mentioned above it felt more like a football type atmosphere tonight. Given what was at stake people did get more riled at referees decisions. Few dodgy calls especially the the glasgow lineout in the second half and giving a lineout in favour of munster when it blatantly went in to touch off a munster player.

Just started to calm down after that. Best atmosphere ever at a Glasgow game. I have been going since the Caly Reds days, was there on the first night of the Celtic League, the dire days of Kiwi Seranke & never did I think I would see Glasgow make it to the finals. Really proud.

Brilliant you two. Really appreciate reading yer posts.

Been looking at the options for a home Glasgow final

Scotstoun - not big enough

Fir Park - not big enough

Firhill - not big enough

Rugby Park - has the Junior Cup final the next day

Hampden - no pitch at the moment

Murrayfield - still relaying the pitch

Ibrox - think they are doing work on it to extend the pitch for the 7's at the Commonwealth games

Celtic Park - don't think the game clashes with anything.

Pittodrie and Easter Road are large enough (has to be 18000 +) but don't think they would opt to play in Aberdeen and not sure if Easter has the required media facilitates.

So that leaves Celtic Park as the only choice if they an come to an agreement with them and the Pro 12 deem it suatbue

What a game last night. One of the most intense atmospheres I've heard at a Glasgow game and one of the toughest battles on the Scotstoun pitch. Glasgow were fantastic, they have a real ethic in the team and a real structure. I was unsure when Lineen left, and thought Townsend was simply being shuffled out of the way by those in Murrayfield but he has done a cracking job building on the base Lineen left. How very different to the shambles 40 miles east.

Hope Ulster do the job, Celtic Park is the rumoured venue (although I thought Ibrox would be perfect for a test event for the 7s). Rugby Park could also surely cope with 2 games in a weekend- and given the SRU have a full international going there too later on so they might want to put it there.

The refereeing team had a poor game for both sides. I felt the game was perhaps a wee bit big for the ref, Glasgow v Munster games have been niggly affairs and they need a strong referee. The last game between the sides was given to Nigel Owens, for example. The call for the line-out was sheer incompetence and indeed I thought at one point that Munster's hooker Varley was refereeing the game. How the ref stood there and took so much cheek from the players without cards or marching 10 forward I don't know.

What a game last night. One of the most intense atmospheres I've heard at a Glasgow game and one of the toughest battles on the Scotstoun pitch. Glasgow were fantastic, they have a real ethic in the team and a real structure. I was unsure when Lineen left, and thought Townsend was simply being shuffled out of the way by those in Murrayfield but he has done a cracking job building on the base Lineen left. How very different to the shambles 40 miles east.

Hope Ulster do the job, Celtic Park is the rumoured venue (although I thought Ibrox would be perfect for a test event for the 7s). Rugby Park could also surely cope with 2 games in a weekend- and given the SRU have a full international going there too later on so they might want to put it there.

The refereeing team had a poor game for both sides. I felt the game was perhaps a wee bit big for the ref, Glasgow v Munster games have been niggly affairs and they need a strong referee. The last game between the sides was given to Nigel Owens, for example. The call for the line-out was sheer incompetence and indeed I thought at one point that Munster's hooker Varley was refereeing the game. How the ref stood there and took so much cheek from the players without cards or marching 10 forward I don't know.

Leinster edged a close game against Ulster to make the final, so it will be the RDS in two weeks time.

Ibrox was apparently reseeded last week so can't be used for anything for a few weeks to let it settle, this was part of the prep for the Commonwelath Games.

Like you I was also a bit worried about Townsend taking over, he was part of what was hardly the most inspiring Scotland set up of recent times, so maybe it was just guilt by association! He has certainly taken the team on since taking over, but it will be interesting to see how they start next season when the likes of Cusiter goes, he's been in great form lately.

Edited by peasy23

Flight booked for Dublin.

Cusiter will be a massive loss for Glasgow, as much as I like NIko I feel glasgow are a better side with Cusiter at scrum half. I think Pyrgos is a work in progress who will grow in to the position in time, with niko being more of an impact player to come off the bench when glasgow perhaps need to push the game.

Finn Russell is looking like the real deal so the loss of Jackson won't be as keenly felt as that of cusiter.

Got to agree with everyone else so far, I thought Townsend coming in was a bad move after the good work Lineen had done and how poor Scotlands attack was with Townsend but have been proved wrong. Cuister going will be a big loss but with Niko and Pyrgos we have decent replacements and gives a youngster a chance of some game time. Finn Russell has been a revelation and could cement the Scotland number 10 jersey on the summer tour, could be the last piece of the back line jigsaw.

Big ask to beat Leinster in Dublin, but definately achievable with this team

Cusiter provides the structure that you just don't get with Niko, but the pace of his pass also allows the backs plenty of space - he will be a massive loss. Pyrgos is still a little inconsistent - he was a big factor in the first half against Zebre last week, and has had a few cracking games, but also a few howlers. Hopefully with more of a run next season he will get that consistency. Niko reminds me a bit of Toony as a player - every time he gets the ball you hold your breath, because it could lead to either team scoring!

Agree with everyone on Russell, and would love to see Russell, Dunbar and Bennett get a chance together for Scotland - harsh on Matt Scott perhaps, but it's a long time since we had so many quality midfield options.

Highlight of Friday's game for me came just as the crowd were getting really wound up with the decisions (may even have been just after the WTF lineout) - Kellock got the ball on their 10 and ran straight through O'Connell. Massive statement from one of our big names at a key time - sums up Glasgow's season, and also what has been missing from Scottish Rugby for quite a while.

Regardless of what happens in the final there's certainly a feel good factor around Glasgow and year on year they seem to be improving. The move to scotstoun has been great for the club.

Hopefully Edinburgh can get their house in order but I think they need wholesale changes in coaching also they need a more suitable home, I don't think murrayfield is working for them.

Flight booked for Dublin.

Tempted to go to Dublin but flights are silly prices already- Ryanair is something like £350 return. Aer Lingus are planning a strike on the Friday 30th too although don't know if affects Glasgow flights. Warriors might be doing a charter flight over too.

Very tempted but I'm gonna have a Saints season ticket, Warriors season ticket and a trip to Dublin to pay for in a month!

Glasgow are attracting fans from a wide scope too. My Dad ended up sitting beside a bloke from Stonehaven at the game on Friday night who was regularly going.

I think the one problem Glasgow will face is that Scotstoun isn't going to be big enough going forward for the crowds they are getting, and with the running track any stands at the end are going to miles from the pitch unless you build over it.

Not a bad problem to have, but i think they need the 10,000 permanently as they are filling the 6000 on a regular basis now.