Rugby Union

kiwififer

I was down on the opposite touchline at the try. I've never seen sport so brutal in that build up. The hits were so hard. Cap doffed to all those boys, I played rugby for years but I doubt I ever felt it the way those boys will tomorrow.

Tickets on sale at 9 for season ticket holders.

Still to come down from the end of that game. Far and away the biggest high in watching sport that I've experienced. More so than the semi v Munster last season. Just hope to fck we can do it next weekend.

My favourite part in one thread is a poster describing Glasgow as an average side with no real quality. The same Glasgow who've finished top of the Pro 12 this season, made the final for the second year running and just beat Ulster twice on the spin.

Niko's theatrics aside it was a penalty, it wasn't the reason Ulster lost the game, they couldn't put Glasgow away first half and paid the price.

Yeah, most of my failed statelet based mates have said that they Hibsed it, and that just because he was theatrical doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty.

Ulster consistently sh*t the bed in big games - last night (and last week tbh) was no different.

My favourite part in one thread is a poster describing Glasgow as an average side with no real quality. The same Glasgow who've finished top of the Pro 12 this season, made the final for the second year running and just beat Ulster twice on the spin.

Niko's theatrics aside it was a penalty, it wasn't the reason Ulster lost the game, they couldn't put Glasgow away first half and paid the price.

Yeah, most of my failed statelet based mates have said that they Hibsed it, and that just because he was theatrical doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty.

Ulster consistently sh*t the bed in big games - last night (and last week tbh) was no different.

The Ulster and Hibs comparison was one I used last night. Shame for some of their players.

Their forum is a bit mental, looks like they are going to be supporting Munster. Be an interesting atmosphere, can't wait to go to Belfast now, hope they mellow a bit though, Dublin was great and Leinster fans were awesome, be a shame if Ulster fans were bitter.

One thing the Ulster fans forget is that the Niko thing was a penalty but that only got them to the half way line. They infringed again with an offside which put them in trouble.

Niko shouldn't have exaggerated it but only that and the crowd got the ref to look at it. Don't like to see the diving nor the north stand chanting cheat and the booing that went on at times (ironic from a Saints fan I know!).

Interesting that our support isn't well thought of because of that- seen a couple of Ulster fans saying the atmosphere wasn't good near them, so much so to put them off returning and Munster fans said similar last year. Perhaps isolated incidents but it is more of a football crowd.

The Ulster and Hibs comparison was one I used last night. Shame for some of their players.

Their forum is a bit mental, looks like they are going to be supporting Munster. Be an interesting atmosphere, can't wait to go to Belfast now, hope they mellow a bit though, Dublin was great and Leinster fans were awesome, be a shame if Ulster fans were bitter.

One thing the Ulster fans forget is that the Niko thing was a penalty but that only got them to the half way line. They infringed again with an offside which put them in trouble.

Niko shouldn't have exaggerated it but only that and the crowd got the ref to look at it. Don't like to see the diving nor the north stand chanting cheat and the booing that went on at times (ironic from a Saints fan I know!).

Interesting that our support isn't well thought of because of that- seen a couple of Ulster fans saying the atmosphere wasn't good near them, so much so to put them off returning and Munster fans said similar last year. Perhaps isolated incidents but it is more of a football crowd.

It's amazing how there used to be very little said about the crowds when the Irish provinces were all coming here and winning, but suddenly now it's a nasty atmosphere.

The Glasgow crowd has always been pretty vocal when it feels harshly treated by officials - even as far back as the original Scotstoun days! I remember a game at Firhill against Northampton when Dawson pretty much reffed the game himself. The crowd got more and more wound up, and Glasgow performed accordingly, resulting in a home win, and the sad sight of Dawson being carried off!

I had a few Ulster fans round me last night - some were very gracious, others were complete a*seholes from start to finish. All teams in all sports have their roasters.

It's amazing how there used to be very little said about the crowds when the Irish provinces were all coming here and winning, but suddenly now it's a nasty atmosphere.

The Glasgow crowd has always been pretty vocal when it feels harshly treated by officials - even as far back as the original Scotstoun days! I remember a game at Firhill against Northampton when Dawson pretty much reffed the game himself. The crowd got more and more wound up, and Glasgow performed accordingly, resulting in a home win, and the sad sight of Dawson being carried off!

I had a few Ulster fans round me last night - some were very gracious, others were complete a*seholes from start to finish. All teams in all sports have their roasters.

Yeah, there were a few Ulster fans next to me and in all honesty, they were total c***s, quite confrontational with people around them and even some borderline racist shite from one of them towards Niko a couple of times. It was quite a significant GIRUY towards them at the end though from a few folk, but if you're going to dish it out....

I don't understand the criticism of the crowd at scotstoun, if you're angry at what you think is an incorrect decision be vocal about it. Otherwise the fans might as well not be there.

The cheat stuff we could do without but I've no qualms about people directing there ire towards refs of opposition players. This whole nonsense in rugby that you should just swallow your medicine if you're on the end of poor decisions and get on with it does my head in. It also only seems to work one way for certain fans. Apparently Glasgow fans showed little class in booing ulster players or refs decisions but it's fine for Ulster fans to then whine like little bitches when the result doesn't go their way?

I don't understand the criticism of the crowd at scotstoun, if you're angry at what you think is an incorrect decision be vocal about it. Otherwise the fans might as well not be there.

The cheat stuff we could do without but I've no qualms about people directing there ire towards refs of opposition players. This whole nonsense in rugby that you should just swallow your medicine if you're on the end of poor decisions and get on with it does my head in. It also only seems to work one way for certain fans. Apparently Glasgow fans showed little class in booing ulster players or refs decisions but it's fine for Ulster fans to then whine like little bitches when the result doesn't go their way?

Those of them who have tickets for next week are also going to rock up just to boo Niko, which is fine apparently.

Ticket for the final purchased though I'm on the terrace behind the posts. I'm supposed to be going to Norway on Thursday with work, hoping I can postpone that.

Glasgow didn't do themselves justice in last years final, hopefully the memory of that spurs them on this time around. Good way to cap a career at Glasgow for DTH, Niko, Big Al etc.

This whole nonsense in rugby that you should just swallow your medicine if you're on the end of poor decisions and get on with it does my head in.

I played rugby at school and Yooni (too useless to play football) and my son plays for school, club and county.

That you accept what the ref says and get on with it is a 'good thing'. Football and Rugby both agree that the ref's decision is final. What footballer's do, though, is act like wee fannies.

Agreed if you're playing the game just get on with it and for the most part players do, as a fan you've a right to feel aggrieved if you're witnessing poor decision making that can influence the outcome of the game.

I couldn't make Friday night because of work but my wife was in the East stand and text me during the game going on about the terrible atmosphere caused by a group of drunk Ulster supporters., They were fighting amongst themselves and picking fights with the locals who had the audacity to support their own team. They had home pick for the final, an Irish ref and they still managed to blow it, hope the boys do the business on Saturday, apart fromEdinburgh this is our first proper away game.

Anyone else watching State of Origin tomorrow? Always one of my sporting highlights.

Queensland's dominance finally came to an end last year and it will be interesting to see how they respond to that this year. Slater, Cronk, Smith, Thurston and Inglis aren't getting any younger but are still quality players. NSW's team for the first test seems a bit meh in comparison.

Think Queensland will take the first test. Undecided about the rest of the series.

Anyone else watching State of Origin tomorrow? Always one of my sporting highlights.

Queensland's dominance finally came to an end last year and it will be interesting to see how they respond to that this year. Slater, Cronk, Smith, Thurston and Inglis aren't getting any younger but are still quality players. NSW's team for the first test seems a bit meh in comparison.

Think Queensland will take the first test. Undecided about the rest of the series.

They were a bit meh last year and won the series. I reckon they'll struggle without Hayne. Should be a close game, NSW by 4.

Queensland to win tonight and the series 2-1.