Rugby Union

kiwififer

Brian Moore's all-time touring 15...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/11201000/Brian-Moores-all-time-greatest-touring-XV.html?frame=3091718&amgpage=1

No 6: Finlay Calder

We needed a conscience and someone who would say the hard things that sometimes need to be said on tour. Finlay is the most direct and upright man I know and, as an aside, he is my only Scottish friend.

You ok, Brian? :huh:

Anyone from here going to the game tomorrow? I'm getting the bus from Glasgow at the back of 8 and ferry at 11.30, back home Sunday. More confident of a win this year than in the last final.

Outstanding performance from Glasgow, outstanding season, and deserved champions. And without their best two centres.

Hopefully those guys can take that confidence into the Scotland squad for RWC.

As an aside, I am a huge fan of Matawalu, but I've always thought Pyrgos should have been first choice. There is no way Glasgow would have done that tonight with Niko starting. Nice to see the Ulster fans staying classy with regards to Niko too. :P

Anyone from here going to the game tomorrow? I'm getting the bus from Glasgow at the back of 8 and ferry at 11.30, back home Sunday. More confident of a win this year than in the last final.

So you must have enjoyed that. How was the trip?

Wow. What a result. I was soaked, but loved every minute of it. The nervous Scot/St Mirren fan in me was worried something would go wrong, but when Duncan Weir slotted the kick and some of the Munster fans departed you knew it was all over.

Nakarawa was immense. Just immense. The tactics and set pieces were spot on.

Niko totally fed off the boos too, he absolutely loved being the 'villain'.

Delighted to have been there and delighted for all the players.

I still don't like them & saw further examples of their gloating lack of class yesterday so whilst I absolutely acknowledge their performance, both yesterday & throughout the season, I'll withhold congratulations, for they should be sincere when given, and on that basis I've none to offer.

I will say they are new to the winning lark, so maybe in future they may learn how to behave with some amount of class.

Loved this comment from the ulster forum, some are still bitter over their back to back beatings.