Rugby Union

kiwififer

All we have to do is be solid in defence for the first 20 minutes and we will win. If we get any ball at all we will rip them to shreds, and giving Hogg a chance of game time at 10 is no bad thing if it allows different options on the bench. ie normally we would have a 2nd 10 on the bench to cover then a centre / wing to cover everywhere else, but if you have Hogg that can step in gives more scope for options of the bench. 

If its not going to plan Jaco is more than capable off the bench. Against anyone else I would be saying van der walt should be starting, and going forward we have Russell, Hastings that should be ahead of him, and Thompson and Chamberlain will hopefully be vying for that 3 spot shortly so probably wont have any other opportunities to start.

Glasgow team has just been released for Sunday. Adam Hastings is playing fullback. Why did we not just pick him for Scotland at 10? Does his ban include the Italy game, and therefore served in time for the Glasgow game?

Glasgow team has just been released for Sunday. Adam Hastings is playing fullback. Why did we not just pick him for Scotland at 10? Does his ban include the Italy game, and therefore served in time for the Glasgow game?
The Italy game is the last game of his ban and he is free to play from the Sunday (not sure how it would have worked if both games were the Saturday)

I read that no decision has been made yet to release the English bassed players.

2 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
17 hours ago, Left Back said:

I read that no decision has been made yet to release the English bassed players.

That's what I read as well. English clubs asking for more money, or possibly refusing completely. We were always going to get shafted here.

That's what I read as well. English clubs asking for more money, or possibly refusing completely. We were always going to get shafted here.
They will definitely be looking for more money to release the players. I don't see the SRU paying it but the Six Nations or the FFR should.

2 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
11 minutes ago, GAD said:

They will definitely be looking for more money to release the players. I don't see the SRU paying it but the Six Nations or the FFR should.

I think some teams might refuse altogether to be honest. For a team like Exeter, that aren't even guaranteed a playoff spot at the moment, maybe having Hogg, Gray and Skinner available is worth more to them.

I think some teams might refuse altogether to be honest. For a team like Exeter, that aren't even guaranteed a playoff spot at the moment, maybe having Hogg, Gray and Skinner available is worth more to them.
We are definitely getting fucked over