Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

France?

I take your point, but would you take Scotland to beat Fiji playing like that?  How about Australia?  

England and Wales have both been dreadful, but got out their group. I think Scotland have been terrible n two games, proficient in one and absolutely no idea in the other.   To get to the semi finals - as I think there would surely have been an expectation- Scotland would have had to beat a higher ranked team at some point.  They were miles off it.  Absolutely miles.  

But beyond that, my disappointment is that, unlike the football team where there is clear progress, I don’t think this team is going anywhere.  Would you be surprised if Scotland only win two games next six nations?   

I agree we were miles off it and never gave either SA or Ireland a game. Very disappointed in both performances.

I still think the cards were stacked against us from the moment the draw was made and IMO that would have affected the players mindset. 

Re the 6 nations we will be lucky to win two games with that clusterf*ck of a line out .

Interesting reading about participation numbers. Purely talking through the prism of growing up in Dunfermline, but participation in Rugby seemed to depend so much on what school you went to, there were only a couple of high schools that actually had rugby facilities, compared to every school having a football pitch. As such I didn't really have much interest in Rugby until I was much older and my friends who has gone to a different, rugby high school would bring it up. 

I'm no expert, but the SRU need a way to get more schools and kids playing the game. Within that they'll also need to market the game as one parents want to take there kids too, I've got a little one and I can't say I'd be keen to take him to rugby. 

Scotland just struggle vs the top teams. We look really good vs the minows like Samoa, Tonga, Wales and England, but when we are up against the best we just look devoid of idea's. We had full control of the game yesterday after the 1st try until about 25 minutes, but never really looked like scoring. Ireland & SA have got the knack of getting to the breakdown first, first man on the ground either sealing off or hand on opposition ball while off feet but get away with it.

Ireland also are really clinical. They keep the ball tight then have a knack of going wide at the right time. We need to mix the game more so we keep it tight longer then spin wide once we hve sucked in more defence.

All in its annoying that if we had had any other group as 3rd seeds we would have been through, but we just cant beat Ire & SA

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

What the f**k are Fiji playing at? Literally the only thing I've enjoyed about this entire competition has been laughing at Australia and now Fiji are letting them back in?

They're going full Fiji.

Fucking about to wind up the Aussies, then they'll get the job done as late as possible. The 15s equivalent of Serevi wandering around for 13 minutes then scoring out of nowhere

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Ok but if Fiji do f**k it then we have a chance of an even funnier outcome if Eddie can knock out England.

Not for me, can't stand either team and don't like him. Fiji the only hope of an acceptable semi-finalist from that quarter. Though, if they play like this, England will beat them about 97-0 anyway, even though England are crap.