Rugby Union

kiwififer

Absolutely baltic tonight at the game. Goes down another few degrees when you're getting pumped too I've noticed.

Very harsh red card. A yellow would have sufficed imo. However, when you're missing 17 internationalists then you're going to find it hard going. We need to copy football and shelve the provincial game during internationals. Unfair advantages imo.

Despite the above, we were very flat and Ospreys deserved their win. We can blame individuals all we like but it's a team game, and we could have played till Xmas and still have done nothing. 

Apart from Bulu's try it was an awful night.

Absolutely baltic tonight at the game. Goes down another few degrees when you're getting pumped too I've noticed.

Very harsh red card. A yellow would have sufficed imo. However, when you're missing 17 internationalists then you're going to find it hard going. We need to copy football and shelve the provincial game during internationals. Unfair advantages imo.

Despite the above, we were very flat and Ospreys deserved their win. We can blame individuals all we like but it's a team game, and we could have played till Xmas and still have done nothing. 

Apart from Bulu's try it was an awful night.

All fair points. Thought horne coming on was a positive but this is as poor a run of form as I can recall.....and yes twenty five odd players are out....but that also happened last season and much better performances came out with guys playing wildly out of position eg home v ulster (also with a shocking ref). Seeing basic handling skills break down 3 games running is a huge concern

All fair points. Thought horne coming on was a positive but this is as poor a run of form as I can recall.....and yes twenty five odd players are out....but that also happened last season and much better performances came out with guys playing wildly out of position eg home v ulster (also with a shocking ref). Seeing basic handling skills break down 3 games running is a huge concern

Is Townsend's star fading?

One eye on the Scotland job I reckon?

Possible. Im really not sure whats going on tbh. The first couple of matches were excellent but this is a really worrying slump. Isnt just a one or two game blip either. Lets hope the return of the international players raises standards both at training and on the pitch. Meanwhile Georgia.....what is it about bloody Georgia that causes the fear so much in football and rugby? Would rather this was played at the wide open space of murrayfield. The narrow pitch at rugby park will suit Georgia more than us. Cant afford to lose to a lower ranked side in terms of rankings for rwc draw.

Had to work so missed last nights game. Doesn't sound like I missed much. I have to agree with dogmc this recent run of form for Glasgow is becoming exceedingly worrying.

Let's hope the national team can lift our spirits a bit today, but Georgia aren't going to make it easy. They'll give us a good test up front and if we can avoid getting dragged into an arm wrestle/shitfest our quality in the backs should be the difference makers.

Commentators discussing Georgia's aspirations to join the 6 nations.

If any other Northern or Western European nation was as good as them, there's absolutely no doubt they'd be in by now. It's just that no-one fancies going to Tblisi.

Would they boot out Italy or Scotland and bring in Georgia or just make it a seven nation tournament?

Just now, Grant228 said:

Would they boot out Italy or Scotland and bring in Georgia or just make it a seven nation tournament?

7 would make sense in that everyone would play 3 home and 3 away, but I'd imagine the big English and French clubs would be very unhappy about an extra fixture.

Commentators discussing Georgia's aspirations to join the 6 nations.

If any other Northern or Western European nation was as good as them, there's absolutely no doubt they'd be in by now. It's just that no-one fancies going to Tblisi.

I'd be radical n bring them n Romania in making it two leagues of 4 playing home n away. One promotion / relegation place.

Eta would also introduce bonus points.