Rugby Union

kiwififer

Aye totally wrong team. Pyrgos isn't good enough to be scrum half in a top game like that as he kept booting it letting Toulon attack and Matawalu isn't good enough defensively to play on the wing against such a powerful side.

When Niko went to 9 and DTH came on it changed things. Sure Toulon maybe had foot a bit off gas but still that would have been a better side to start with.

League World Cup kicks off on Saturday. NZ v Australia final, with Aus gaining revenge for the last time?

How will Scotland go against Italy, USA and Tonga?

Cant see past an Australia vs NZ final aswell.

As for Scotland I don't see them fairing well at all, Tonga should walk that group and Italy have a fairly decent side with quite a few NRL players in there like Minichiello, Guerra, Tedesco and Gower. USA will struggle in that group too.

Watched the Glasgow v Munster game last night and it was a pretty disappointing game. Glasgow made far too many basic errors, and when Munster got in front they were quite impressively cynical in killing the game stone dead. Niko is a good player, but a few rushes of blood cost us decent positions a few times as well. Disappointing, but at least the game showed there isn't too much between the teams. Glasgow will need to bounce back now though.

Would like to see Anyone But Australia win it, not enough of an expert to know how Scotland are likely to get on but will be hoping for the best. Shame none of their games are on a television station that anybody has.

Hate to say it to you but we will be all out to win this world cup especially after what happened last time and with the squad we have we are the favourites to take it home. As for Scotland the only match they have that they have any real chance of getting something out of is the inter-group match against the USA as Tonga and Italy will be too strong since they have a decent number of NRL players in their sides.

Watched the Glasgow v Munster game last night and it was a pretty disappointing game. Glasgow made far too many basic errors, and when Munster got in front they were quite impressively cynical in killing the game stone dead. Niko is a good player, but a few rushes of blood cost us decent positions a few times as well. Disappointing, but at least the game showed there isn't too much between the teams. Glasgow will need to bounce back now though.

Referee was poor. Can't see how Munster can infringe 3 times in the 22 after 80 mins and not get a card. But yeah Nico cost ball position but he is impetuous but that is his strength in surprising teams.

The game had a fair bit of niggle and foul play. 2 citings from it, and if Matawalu has bitten he should get his bollocks booted. Can't see a bite on Alba but you hear it.

I'd live to know how many more penalties Munster were going to get to concede on their line before a penalty try was awarded. Still bad decisions from Glasgow cost in the end. Why they went wide on the final play I'll never know, Munster were rocking with the pressure up the middle.

As for Scotland the only match they have that they have any real chance of getting something out of is the inter-group match against the USA as Tonga and Italy will be too strong since they have a decent number of NRL players in their sides.

I've decided to go down to this, felt like going to one of their ties and the new stadium at Salford seemed more appealling than Workington.

Brian Earle and Robbie Paul on the highlights last night seemed to think Scotland were a darkhorse of the minnows, but Italy do look strong.

The Scotland-Tonga RLWC game is on Premier Sports tomorrow night, which i seem to be getting for free on my basic Virgin package. Just noticed when i was channel hopping tonight, they currently have NZ-Samoa on followed by Ireland-Fiji. Channel 551

I've decided to go down to this, felt like going to one of their ties and the new stadium at Salford seemed more appealling than Workington.

Brian Earle and Robbie Paul on the highlights last night seemed to think Scotland were a darkhorse of the minnows, but Italy do look strong.

I hope you enjoy it mate, I would love to be over there for it all at the moment but have to settle for watching all the games in the morning before heading to work. Will be hoping Scotland can pull of a major upset in the tournament but I really can't see it especially with this Tongan side probably the best they have ever assembled and full of NRL players and Italy are minnows but they have about 6 NRL players in their side with decent pedigree, the game your going to against the USA I think they can win though, lets hope they can pull of a major upset against the other two teams also!

The Scotland-Tonga RLWC game is on Premier Sports tomorrow night, which i seem to be getting for free on my basic Virgin package. Just noticed when i was channel hopping tonight, they currently have NZ-Samoa on followed by Ireland-Fiji. Channel 551

I was going to ask on here what channel are they broadcasting the world cup matches on over there, I assumed maybe Sky Sports would have picked it up. That NZ-Samoa game you mentioned was a belter by the way.

Edited by Bluenose5

I was going to ask on here what channel are they broadcasting the world cup matches on over there, I assumed maybe Sky Sports would have picked it up. That NZ-Samoa game you mentioned was a belter by the way.

Personally I'm quite disappointed by the BBC's coverage: they're showing the England game each Saturday plus QF > SF > Final, and there is a highlights show late on Sunday nights (actually Monday morning by the time Sportscene and MotD2 are through), and that's it.