Rugby Union

kiwififer

I'm watching the re run of the All Blacks game, only saw from half time to 67 mins so far.

By f**k Nigel Owens is having a shocker.

owens has gone from being a fantastic referee to a bumbling mess in the space of about 6 months.

his inability to make a decision over the coles yellow card was painful viewing.

the score was close but NZ were all over that game. having said that england looked very capable and should be favourites for the 6N.

Wales v Australia was hard to evaluate as it was a bit of a basketball match, very poor defence from both sides,

very good win , i know the Argies weren't at there best but Scotland have lot to under performing teams before especially when the other team score first , lots to get excited about ,the Gray brothers movement was great and overall the whole team looked like they not only wanted to play try scoring rugby but actually could....

one downside was the crowd, Scotland stick 40 points on the board and it felt like a wake :thumbsdown , any other stadium and it would have been buzzing, needs improving.

The crowd seemed into it initially but Scotland were insipid the last half hour and it kind of drained the atmosphere.

Also important to remember that many folk at murrayfield are daytrippers and women there to paint their face, wear stupid hats and get pished in the west end who don't know the first thing about rugby. I see Wales are particularly afflicted by this these days too.

I thought it was quite a strange atmosphere yesterday, there wasn't much build up pre-match and both teams ran out at the same time to some generic music (the Scotland team running out to Highland Cathedral is usually a highlight for me). There seemed to be a lot of people talking when kicks were being taken too. All Blacks game is looking close to a sell out so hopefully there will be a better atmosphere next week.

Very good Scottish performance but we should have won by more than 10 points. Agree that Barnes was rancid, a penalty try after one scrum infringement? I've not watched the game back yet but Harley's yellow was in front of me and it looked more like the Argie lifters didn't support the jumper. The decision to run that last minute penalty was stupid too. Ford and Laidlaw had their best games for ages, and the new players didn't look out of place.

I thought it was quite a strange atmosphere yesterday, there wasn't much build up pre-match and both teams ran out at the same time to some generic music (the Scotland team running out to Highland Cathedral is usually a highlight for me). There seemed to be a lot of people talking when kicks were being taken too. All Blacks game is looking close to a sell out so hopefully there will be a better atmosphere next week.

Very good Scottish performance but we should have won by more than 10 points. Agree that Barnes was rancid, a penalty try after one scrum infringement? I've not watched the game back yet but Harley's yellow was in front of me and it looked more like the Argie lifters didn't support the jumper. The decision to run that last minute penalty was stupid too. Ford and Laidlaw had their best games for ages, and the new players didn't look out of place.

I'm not looking forward to that game :(

The penalty try scrum itself wasn't so much of an issue for me - we were going backward at some rate, and it was likely they'd have scored a pushover, so PT was a fair decision. I had a problem with the fact that he had marched them up into that position with a series of penalties for offences that he ignored in the 1st half (on both sides). It was like a minis ref trying to even the game up because one side was winning comfortably. Agree on the yellow - as did both commentators. I don't understand how Barnes still gets high profile games, yet good young refs like Mike Adamson (who also has top level playing experience) are stuck on the 7s circuit.

Impressed with the performance in general. Attack was very good, and so was the defence. Yes, Argentina scored 3 tries, but one was a 70m intercept-type, one PT, and the 3rd was a daft score when the game was over. I can see why they ran it due to the time left - get it closer to 80 then bang it out instead of having another lineout - but it was a daft decision, and i doubt they'd have done it in a tighter situation.

Some very good stuff against a good team, who we made look pretty ordinary at times. I'm not massively fearful for this weekend - I don't think we will win, but if we play like we did in the first 60 this week, we will give a very good account of ourselves.

The penalty try scrum itself wasn't so much of an issue for me - we were going backward at some rate, and it was likely they'd have scored a pushover, so PT was a fair decision. I had a problem with the fact that he had marched them up into that position with a series of penalties for offences that he ignored in the 1st half (on both sides). It was like a minis ref trying to even the game up because one side was winning comfortably. Agree on the yellow - as did both commentators. I don't understand how Barnes still gets high profile games, yet good young refs like Mike Adamson (who also has top level playing experience) are stuck on the 7s circuit.

Impressed with the performance in general. Attack was very good, and so was the defence. Yes, Argentina scored 3 tries, but one was a 70m intercept-type, one PT, and the 3rd was a daft score when the game was over. I can see why they ran it due to the time left - get it closer to 80 then bang it out instead of having another lineout - but it was a daft decision, and i doubt they'd have done it in a tighter situation.

Some very good stuff against a good team, who we made look pretty ordinary at times. I'm not massively fearful for this weekend - I don't think we will win, but if we play like we did in the first 60 this week, we will give a very good account of ourselves.

I'm pretty sure they scored 4 tries, but I agree with everything else you said.

What's encouraging is that the team is young and playing with confidence, and playing some good rugby. I was glad that Argentina came back in the second half as it gave the defence a workout, and served to remind that International rugby is not easy.

The crowd was pretty quiet, but this was mostly down to Barnes getting fussier, disrupting any flow there was.

Yes we will lose to NZ, but by how much? In 2012 we lost by 29 but we are a far better team than we were then. Before this weekend I was thinking a 15-20 point deficit, now I reckon we'll lose by 10-15.

All in all it's encouraging for the future, but what reduces the optimism is the fact that even though we are improving, so are Ireland and England, and I would still put us no better than 4th favourites for the 6N.

I was seething at the Harley yellow, you could tell when barnes gave the penatly to begin with he was going to send someone to the bin. He then watches the replay where there is no contact from any Scotland player, never mind Harley. Everyone is expecting him to reverse the decision but instead completly ignores the TV pictures and bins Harley anyway.

The number of things he has got wrong over the years is incredible, a lot of the SH countries hate him, but i'd never really notice until Saturday how bad he really is.

I was seething at the Harley yellow, you could tell when barnes gave the penatly to begin with he was going to send someone to the bin. He then watches the replay where there is no contact from any Scotland player, never mind Harley. Everyone is expecting him to reverse the decision but instead completly ignores the TV pictures and bins Harley anyway.

The number of things he has got wrong over the years is incredible, a lot of the SH countries hate him, but i'd never really notice until Saturday how bad he really is.

He completely missed conteponis offside last play of world cup which cost scotland a QF place.. mans a buffoon

I'm pretty sure they scored 4 tries, but I agree with everything else you said.

What's encouraging is that the team is young and playing with confidence, and playing some good rugby. I was glad that Argentina came back in the second half as it gave the defence a workout, and served to remind that International rugby is not easy.

The crowd was pretty quiet, but this was mostly down to Barnes getting fussier, disrupting any flow there was.

Yes we will lose to NZ, but by how much? In 2012 we lost by 29 but we are a far better team than we were then. Before this weekend I was thinking a 15-20 point deficit, now I reckon we'll lose by 10-15.

All in all it's encouraging for the future, but what reduces the optimism is the fact that even though we are improving, so are Ireland and England, and I would still put us no better than 4th favourites for the 6N.

Yeah forgot about Cubelli's first, but even that came from a long sustained passage of play that included a few penalties - our defence was pretty solid all round, can't remember many line breaks by Argentina.

I've also been trying to remember the last time all of our starting back 3 scored in one game!

teams for Sat

Alasdair Dickinson (37) 1. Joe Moody (6)

Ross Ford (79) 2. James Parsons *

Euan Murray (61) 3. Charlie Faumuina (25)

Richie Gray (41) 4. Jeremy Thrush (10)

Jonny Gray (6) 5. Dominic Bird (1)

Rob Harley (8) 6. Richie McCaw - cap (135)

Blair Cowan (4) 7. Sam Cane (21)

Adam Ashe (2) 8. Victor Vito (25)

Greig Laidlaw - cap (32) 9. TJ Perenara (9)

Finn Russell (3) 10. Daniel Carter (101)

Tommy Seymour (11) 11. Charles Piutau (12)

Alex Dunbar (9) 12. Ryan Crotty (11)

Mark Bennett (1) 13. Malakai Fekitoa (7)

Sean Maitland (14) 14. Colin Slade (15)

Stuart Hogg (25) 15. Ben Smith (36)

Fraser Brown (1) 16. Dane Coles (25)

Gordon Reid (4) 17. Wyatt Crockett (34)

Geoff Cross (33) 18. Ben Franks (40)

Tim Swinson (9) 19. Luke Romano (16)

Johnnie Beattie (32) 20. Liam Messam (38)

Chris Cusiter (69) 21. Augustine Pulu (1)

Duncan Weir (16) 22. Sonny Bill Williams (21)

Sean Lamont (89) 23. Julian Savea (31)

ref - Romain Poite