Rugby Union

kiwififer

Unsurprising given how long Tommy and Hoggy have been out.
Hope we hold on here - they deserve it for that first half defensive performance.

That defensive effort will be playing a part as well. Grant Stewart is my wee brothers pal and it’s weird seeing someone I know on the telly.

A narrow 17-10 defeat for Edinburgh gives them a home tie v Cardiff in the quarter final(and away game v the winner of Pau or Stade Frances if they win that game).
In the champions cup Saracens are the only English side that can make the knockout stage. A win for both Racing 92 and La Rochelle will stop them from going through as one of the best 2nd place sides and see the competition change next season

A narrow 17-10 defeat for Edinburgh gives them a home tie v Cardiff in the quarter final(and away game v the winner of Pau or Stade Frances if they win that game).
In the champions cup Saracens are the only English side that can make the knockout stage. A win for both Racing 92 and La Rochelle will stop them from going through as one of the best 2nd place sides and see the competition change next season
In fairness I think the competition needs to change tbh. Not to crutch the English teams but to minimise meaningless games for teams e.g Glasgow v Leinster prime example... 5 round and Glasgow play weak time... plenty more of these games. Perhaps 3rd place challenge cup again? Or more qualifiers... last 16? Appreciate that there is not much time for more games in window.

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
9 hours ago, ajwffc said:

In fairness I think the competition needs to change tbh. Not to crutch the English teams but to minimise meaningless games for teams e.g Glasgow v Leinster prime example... 5 round and Glasgow play weak time... plenty more of these games. Perhaps 3rd place challenge cup again? Or more qualifiers... last 16? Appreciate that there is not much time for more games in window.

I think it could actually go the other way. Trim it to 16 teams, top 5 from each league and the winner from the previous season, or the challenge cup maybe? Top two from each group go through, and no shite like Harlequins or Northampton qualifying every year.

Saracens have kind of deflected away from the shiteness of English teams in Europe recently, but I wonder if they might spit the dummy a bit if there are another couple of seasons like this one and start playing weakened teams and concentrating on the "best league in the world" instead.

Referee in the munster game is a joke. Let's munster take a quick penalty; they f**k it up because 1 of their players is in front of chip kicker. Ref let's them take penalty again ffs. Then castre scrum holds up on munster put in.. scrum going nowhere, ref tells Murray to use it twice... then it goes down and ref gives reset!! Munster then score try from reset. It's a disgrace

Referee in the munster game is a joke. Let's munster take a quick penalty; they f**k it up because 1 of their players is in front of chip kicker. Ref let's them take penalty again ffs. Then castre scrum holds up on munster put in.. scrum going nowhere, ref tells Murray to use it twice... then it goes down and ref gives reset!! Munster then score try from reset. It's a disgrace
Munster always seem to get favourable decisions from referees.