Rugby Union

kiwififer

17 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I think that we'll get through to the final. It just depends who faces us. I think we could beat Munster.

George Horne is something else. He's tremendous. I think that Adam Hastings should replace Russell. I trust him more than Horne. As for Russell, f**k Racing 92 - horrible c***s in general.

On an Edinburgh note, I saw Cockerill bemoaning the fact that Weir is leaving. Why let him go then? It was Cockerill's decision, you assume. They'll struggle to replace him. Also, Worcester are utter gubbins. They'll go the same way as Rotherham Titans eventually.

No idea why they are getting rid of Weir. Maybe he wants to go? I'm surprised at a few of the players they've decided to punt to be honest. I'd have thought Hardie was worth another go at least.

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

No idea why they are getting rid of Weir. Maybe he wants to go? I'm surprised at a few of the players they've decided to punt to be honest. I'd have thought Hardie was worth another go at least.

That could be it. In terms of Hardie, it's possible that Cockerill thinks that someone who has had a drugs ban is a risk - understandable really.

Weir was largely rubbish for Edinburgh until the rumours about him going to Worcester started. Since that drop goal v Ulster (his first game in months I'm pretty sure) he's been great. Edinburgh have good back row options anyway and young guys like Bradbury, Ritchie and Crosbie need game time. They'll bring in someone foreign to cover during internationals presumably.

Good for Glasgow to get it wrapped up. 5 weeks until the semi finals.

Coming home from the game. Pleased with the performance overall. We lost a try from a maul at the start which was poor but we bounced back with Hoggy's try which was excellent.

Horne deserved his MOTM. Finn was good when he came on. He was needing benched tbh and Dave Rennie was honest that if you're not on form then you're dropped. Ali came on and got blown away for Connacht's try which was disappointing. There's something not right with his form at all.

We weathered the storm well in the last 20 mins when the ref did everything in his power to get Connacht back in the game. For ages he was stopping the scrum and not allowing any fluency. Alex Allen's binning was expected as the ref was gasping to send off a Glasgow player.

To round things off he bins Harley and awards a penalty try. I met him briefly after the game and he was stumped as to why he was binned.

However great win and a home s/f awaits. Wouldn't be surprised to see a reserve side for the Ulster game with a view to the derby then the play-off tbh.

Edited by come on shire

Leinster with the opportunity to wrap up Conference B tonight with a routine home victory over Treviso.

Spoiler

They lost 17-15.

Unlucky chaps!

*edit* although on further inspection, it seems that they have all but wrapped it up. 5 points clear with a superior points difference.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen