Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 trys, 2 cons and 2 pen for Finn on his debut beating Toulon 25 9 away from home pro 14 first round. I'd say mom as well, what a start

Not surprised tbh, we all know what he is capable of when he has his proper game head on. We also know there might be games where he looks as if he has been drafted in from the third XV. If he can find the consistency then he will be a real world class 10.

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Not surprised tbh, we all know what he is capable of when he has his proper game head on. We also know there might be games where he looks as if he has been drafted in from the third XV. If he can find the consistency then he will be a real world class 10.

According to L'Equipe, he was a bit of both yesterday. Nervous start with his kicking and passing but then he got his two tries and nearly got his hat-trick with an interception. Seems to have impressed in general though.

16 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
23 hours ago, ajwffc said:
SA were poor but Argentina played well. It was an enjoyable game to watch

It was a decent game but we should be able to cope with either of these two teams

if we avoid injures in the same position we should win 3/3 in the end of year tests 

Guinness PRO14  – Referee Appointments

Round 1 – 2018/19

Friday, August 31, 2018 (All KO local)

CARDIFF BLUES V LEINSTER RUGBY (KO 19:35)

Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff

Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU, 167th Championship game)

AR1: Ben Whitehouse (WRU). AR2: Gwyn Morris (WRU)

TMO: Jon Mason (WRU)

Live on Premier Sports 1, eir sport 1 & 2, TG4

OSPREYS RUGBY V EDINBURGH RUGBY (19:35)

Liberty Stadium, Swansea

Referee: John Lacey (IRFU, 71st Championship game)

AR1: Sean Gallagher (IRFU). AR2: Wayne Davies (WRU)

TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)

Live on Premier Sports 2

ZEBRE RUGBY CLUB V ISUZU SOUTHERN KINGS (20:35)

Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi, Parma

Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU, 22nd Championship game)

AR1: Keith Allen (SRU). AR2: Manuel Bottini (FIR)

TMO: Stefano Penne (FIR)

Live on DAZN, SuperSport 1, Free Sports

Saturday, September 1 (all KO times are local)

CONNACHT RUGBY V GLASGOW WARRIORS (KO 15:00)

The Sportsground, Galway

Referee: Ian Davies (WRU, 73rd Championship game)

AR1: Adam Jones (WRU). AR2: Eddie Hogan-O’Connell (IRFU)

TMO: Olly Hodges (IRFU)

Live on TG4, eir sport 2 & Premier Sports 1

ULSTER RUGBY V SCARLETS (KO 17:15)

Kingspan Stadium, Belfast

Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR, 79th Championship game)

AR1: Andrea Piardi (FIR). AR2: John Carvill (IRFU)

TMO: Leo Colgan (IRFU)

Live on Premier Sports 1, eir sport 2 & S4C

MUNSTER RUGBY V TOYOTA CHEETAHS (KO 17:15)

Thomond Park, Limerick

Referee: Dan Jones (WRU, 15th championship game)

AR1: Craig Evans (WRU). AR2: Mark Patton (IRFU)

TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)

Live on eir sport 1, Premier Sports 2, SuperSport 1

DRAGONS V BENETTON RUGBY (KO 19:35)

Rodney Parade, Newport

Referee: George Clancy (103rd Championship game)

AR1: Frank Murphy (IRFU). AR2: Simon Rees (WRU).

TMO: Sean Brickell (WRU).

Live on Premier Sports 1, eir sport 2 & DAZN

Has anyone else watched the Northampton game (full game on Warriors TV channel on youtube)? Only watched the first hour, and only had it on in the background while doing something else, but the defence from first phase ball off the scrum is dreadful. it looked like 3 or 4 times Northampton just ran at the 10 channel and no one bothered tackling. The more I see the more i think that Hastings has a lot of work to do on his game, and also Gibbens pays no attention defensively at scrums. I remember last year a scrum half picked up and scored and gibbens didn't move off hte back.

Ive got the fear already for this season, and its not started yet

Has anyone got Premier Sports? 
I'm seeing some comments that the preview show was basically an All Ireland affair. The SRU will really have a feather in their caps if they've took the pro teams off the BBC (and Sky) to be patronised on a channel no one has.
Just read the comments on on Facebook. Almost everyone complaining about it apart from one bloke defending them.

11 hours ago, ajwffc said:
11 hours ago, Detournement said:
Has anyone got Premier Sports? 
I'm seeing some comments that the preview show was basically an All Ireland affair. The SRU will really have a feather in their caps if they've took the pro teams off the BBC (and Sky) to be patronised on a channel no one has.

Just read the comments on on Facebook. Almost everyone complaining about it apart from one bloke defending them.

I haven't seen the whole thing, but the bit I did see had a sit down with Ryan Wilson.

On 28/08/2018 at 13:04, Jeek said:

Has anyone got premier sports as a result of the rugby going on it?

13 hours ago, ajwffc said:

We got it. £90 for a year which is a good deal.

Other sports there despite Pro14 being the flagship game. They share the Europa and Champs League qualifying in football, and they show the British ice hockey league too. If you're a rugby league fan then the English Championship (division below Super League) is on Premier Sports too.

I got Premier sports as well, just for the rugby. A whole season for less than the price of three tickets to see the Warriors. They've certainly got some decent Scottish guys involved, but I think it will be very Irish/Welsh orientated, just like sky was.

9 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:
51 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
Apart from Handsome Huw, that's about as strong as we can go.

I prefer Dunbar at 12 to Horne as well as Huw in at 13. But it's pretty damn close to our strongest team.

Depends on the opposition for me, but at full strength one of Horne and Dunbar is at 12 and the other is on the bench I'd imagine.