What Are You Drinking ?

Another delight from Williams Bros. I don't think I've ever been disappointed with anything they have done. 

IMG_20240405_225403191.jpg

I bought a Guinness Nitrosurge yesterday, so had a couple of cans last night. I got a bit of grief from the wife for spending £25 on what could possibly be a gimmick.

Turns out, this probably the best Guinness you can get outside a pub. Proper smooth and consistent head, doesn't go flat and lasts until the end of the pint.

Recommend.

IMG_20240408_194200_674.jpg

Archer Lager in the Archer Hotel. Served by a Scottish lass on a working holiday. It’s a Coopers Australian Lager rebadged for the pub. Slightly sweet otherwise no bad.

IMG_0357.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Archer Lager in the Archer Hotel. Served by a Scottish lass on a working holiday. It’s a Coopers Australian Lager rebadged for the pub. Slightly sweet otherwise no bad.

IMG_0357.jpeg

You certain she didn't bring some Tennents with her?

5 hours ago, centralTon said:

The Wee Vault near Haymarket.

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg

How good is that Carrot Cake beer?! Had it last weekend and found it to be (very thick and) delicious!

Love that Wee Vault bar too.

On 04/04/2024 at 00:58, Eednud said:

That time again for the what mostly I've been drinking. Only $45.20 (452 cans/bottles) this time. About 200 less than before.

IMG_0339.jpeg

IMG_0344.jpeg

On 04/04/2024 at 00:59, Eednud said:

The recycled off to be further recycled. Then you can pop over the road and start the cycle all over again. All glass bottles get smashed and the cans get crushed before heading elsewhere. 

IMG_0350.jpeg

This might be a daft question ; if the cans get crushed, why don't you crush them yourself and save about 5 box spaces in your car?!

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

This might be a daft question ; if the cans get crushed, why don't you crush them yourself and save about 5 box spaces in your car?!

Beer cans and soft drink cans go to different end recyclers supposedly and it’s harder to identify what’s what if crushed. 

1 minute ago, philpy said:

Picked this up in home bargains yesterday, £5.99 rrp £14.99. Not getting opened till tomorrow, but looks quite good..

20240416_080039.jpg

Will you add a dash of the Tango?

13 hours ago, philpy said:

Picked this up in home bargains yesterday, £5.99 rrp £14.99. Not getting opened till tomorrow, but looks quite good..

20240416_080039.jpg

Don't bother folks. Not that great. The blow was softened a bit when I went to lidl and found 6 wee bottles of superbock for £4.49. Not had that stuff for ages.