Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

4 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

At the Linton Hotspur v West Calder Utd game. The park is looking very smart indeed.

Edit - 0-3 at HT. The pie was superb. Home defence is not the best. Could be a long afternoon for them.

IMG_8073.jpeg

IMG_8074.jpeg

lh1.jpg.3dbc6080e92f12ccc86700a8a61b2505.jpg

Photographic evidence of said pies... 

I wasn't sure if they did pies so I bought a couple at the wee butcher in the village centre. So that's tomorrow's dinner sorted at least. 

11 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I wasn't sure if they did pies so I bought a couple at the wee butcher in the village centre. So that's tomorrow's dinner sorted at least. 

No evidence,  but I can confirm the steak pie at Annan was very good

Petershill 4-1 St Rochs

Comfortable win for Peasy against a garbage Candy side. First and last goals the pick of the bunch with Darren Miller scoring a peach of a free kick early on to give Peasy the perfect start then Galassos late consolation for Candy being an effort from miles out that sailed over the Peasy goalies head and in. 

received_1307938686774288.thumb.jpeg.0b4985664a124da84c070146080f4181.jpeg

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Tam, you’re not going to like this. Are you sitting down? Gillespie’s the Butcher is the pie supplier to that franchise team in Livingston. Via their shop in Forth rather than the one in West Linton.

The Linton Hotspur pie is provided by the Pyet Deli in town. It really is a very good pie! I’ll have to go back to more games there now.

2 hours ago, atfccfc said:

Galabank, for Annan Athletic V Raith Rovers today.

Ticket £14. No programmes but a free team sheet.

My second last ground before I complete the Scottish 42.

This has been a ground that has proved rather harder to get too than expected. Twice I've been let down by train strikes via the quick Edinburgh to Carlisle route. But I was stubbornly determined to tick of Galabank today. After getting in contact with some Rovers supporters clubs without success. I decided on the long way round by train and bus Via Glasgow from Edinburgh. A rail replacement bus between Glasgow and Kilmarnock wasn't going to stop me today. And a cracking game was to await me. Annan out but Rovers needing to win and win well to make sure of progress meant they came out the blocks fast and played like men possessed in the match. 

The scoring was opened by Raith on 11 minutes when Keith Watson fired in a shot to the top corner. Raith then dominated and really should have been out of sight. Except Annan didn't read the script. Gibson did well in the left back position to get the ball forward on 27 minutes. Luissint feed Galloway who scored in a swift counter attack to shock Raith. Rovers though continued to take the game to Annan. But Atletic had found some fight and surprisingly scored a second on 37 .inutes when Luissant turned and shot from the edge of the box to make it 2-1 at half time. Not the scoreline Raith needed.

The second half started as the first had with Raith looking for the win. But it was Annan who's turn it was to be caught out by a counter when Smith was played through to slot home to make it 2-2 on 51 minutes. Raith were in control for most of the second half and took the lead when a penalty was given for a barge of the ball at a free kick. Vaughan slotted the penalty home with 11 minutes to go and send the Rovers fans home happy. A cracking match. Now to get home 

Annan 2 Raith 3. Attendance 419 apparently.  Looked more.

And only Inverness Caledonian Thistle to go for me now.

20230729_163240.jpg

20230729_150004.jpg

20230729_151610.jpg

How did you get down? It’s a braw wee ground. Glad for you managing to make it. 

3 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

How did you get down? It’s a braw wee ground. Glad for you managing to make it. 

Went the long way round. Edinburgh to Glasgow QS, Glasgow Central to Kilmarnock,  Kilmarnock to Annan. Bus replacement from Glasgow Central to Kilmarnock and back. Makes it a much longer day than it would've been. But it has been a good day. Joined by Dundee United fans and other Rovers fans on the journey. Got to respect those United fans 3 of them all the way from Perth and Dundee to Carlisle on that route for a pre season friendly 👏👏👏

27 minutes ago, German Jag said:

What were the ticket prices?

$20, $30, $40 with possibly some more expensive. I left it a bit late to buy a ticket and the FIFA ticketing site kept coming up low availability and only $20 tickets on sale. There were a lot of empty seats but only 12,886 given as the attendance which I reckon is more like the old tickets sold rather than bums on seats thing.

Glasgow City 0-0 Sheffield United

Couldn't get to football yesterday so doing the next best thing and going today. I love Women's football and only hadn't been to a Glasgow City game before because it's almost always a Sunday so difficult to fit in some actual down time after work Monday-Friday and a men's game on Saturday.

Been to Peasy a few times before. Surely the most used ground in World Football? Who says astrotruf is shite? 1pm kick off but we were 8 minutes late kicking off due to the referee not appearing. Who knows the story there.

The Scottish Champions playing one of the stronger teams in the English championship. The teams evenly matched with the wind determining who had the better of the game. City hit the post from the penalty spot after thirteen minutes and despite several chances for both sides no one can find the crucial break through. Partick Thistle playing Queen's Park at 4pm so it felt a bit like the stock cars at Cowdenbeath with a rumbling noise that rose until you had left.

I loved this today. Nice atmosphere, but not artificially created, nice folk, all sorts of creeds, colours, sexual orientations, gender identities here. All wonderful. I highly recommend a women's game if you haven't tried it. Come and give the Glasgow alternative some support as well. They play in Orange and do the huddle so something for everyone. 

20230730_131908.jpg

20230730_134215.jpg

20230730_141209.jpg

Arbroath 3-0 Montrose, League Cup29/8/23.

Went along with a Montrose-supporting mate to this one, as any excuse to go to Gayfield should be seized upon.

A great day out, but disappointing for Montrose. I thought they were the better side first-half, but then poor second.

Two weeks running I've seen Montrose now. Far from convinced by the McAllister - Hester combo. We'll see.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Whitehill Welfare 2 Blackburn United 1.

Game ended with a 97th minute winner. A Blackburn defender sclaffed a clearance inside his own box and, as the other Blackburn defenders paused to continue their debate about the merits of the latest pyramid restructuring proposal, Whitehill snuck in to poke the ball goalwards, the ball proceeding to trundle in despite the goalie’s best endeavours.

I love a 97th minute winner. Even more dramatic than the courtroom scenes in Oppenheimer.

IMG_8096.jpeg

Musselburgh Athletic 1-3 Broxburn Athletic 

Musselburgh Red card on 70 minutes completely changed the course of this one, with Broxburn scoring three times in the final 15 minutes. Hosts scored midway through the first half, having been awarded what looked (to me) a dubious penalty. 

Superb little ground, really chuffed with my choice to go here tonight. 

B78CC334-37C5-4E46-AC5D-AE75BC998DBB.jpeg

F612E178-BCAC-45F0-B09D-AD775D031520.jpeg

79C09B7F-0255-4D9B-B169-2DB249BDB155.jpeg

Glasgow Perthshire 4-2 Vale of Clyde

First competitive action of the season and we're back with a bang.

I was here once before several million years ago and they've done a good job with the the place. Still grass, still in Possil but hey, more pleasurable than Ashfield.

Last season's Third Division title winning Tin Pail turn out in a vile red and gold effort and start brighter than the hosts and score early. Perthshire equalise and then take the lead at before half time. Shire score a wonder goal and Vale score a penalty to keep the game swinging back and forward. Game quietened down and Shire clinch the win with a late penalty.

The referee is destined for the big time. Blowing for every coming together and loved telling players and benches how important he is. Vale player sent off for calling him a bounder. That type of clown.* Even looks a bit like Willie Collum. Premiership (and I don't mean the West) in 5 years. 

The strip the surroundings and the fans reminded me of another Shire and the dearly missed Firs Park. It's more basic than that but there are similarities. Again worth a look. Shire another Glasgow "Junior" club with young kids going mental. Brilliant stuff.

*to be fair to him. Quite rightly sent off after using a derogatory term that rhymes with the second word of Table Tennis. Only heard that in the West of Scotland. I know a lot of footballers are dim but that is particularly shite of him.

20230802_203925.jpg

20230802_202341.jpg

20230802_203302.jpg