Louie

RayBees

I have failed to find a thread on this show so far, possibly as it's not yet been shown over here. Fans of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Larry Sanders Show, etc will probably like this show as it's very very funny. It's got quite a following in the US so it's surprising it hasn't been shown over here yet. I've been watching season 3 on downloads and it's some of the funniest TV I've seen in a long time.

My link

Link says it's coming to the UK late this month. Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realise this thread has gotten all of P&B talking but I thought I would give it a little bump anyway as Louis starts on the FX channel tonight at 9. Season 3 was the best yet, great cameos from Robin Williams and David Lynch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

S04 takes a different approach not as funny, very warm tho

Always seemed to be heading in that direction, particularly after the finale of season 3.

I'm loving series 4 so far.

SPOILER (I cannae dae it like, so close your eyes, ken).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The chubby girl episode was absolutely terrific. She was great as well. The Hungarians too is superb.

It's depressing yet uplifting at the same time TV is how I describe it to people. It has some of the greatest endings too e.g the speedboat episode in Series 2 or 3 and when he ends up in China too.

It's great seeing some of his really funny pals like Nick DiPaolo, Robert Kelly, Jim Norton getting parts/cameos in this too.

Just brilliant TV.

Apologies, and just so you know, I've been told I look like "a totally young Jay Leno" so I aint no hawt dawg, but RayBees, I clicked on your Twitter, and wow - you are like Louie's double side on (with lots more hair than him and much slimmer too).

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd forgotten about that. :lol: Louie is what Curb Your Enthusiasm should've been imo.

Completely different types of writers and styles. Curb is excellent the way it is and I don't think the emotional elements or surreal moments would work at all in Curb. Larry David's annoyance with humanity and the absurdity of the shit he gets himself into is what makes it a special show.

Archived