Pregnancy And Parenting

240451840.jpg

It was great when I started weaning at 6 months as he was too little for the high chair. He hates it now. I bought it 2nd hand as there was no way I was shelling out £40 for one.

It's actually a bumbo and I used that for both of mine. Once they can keep their head up it's brill. I used to sit them in it ON the dinner table to feed at the same time as us. Just be careful not to overdo the time you put them in at first. 10 then 15 then 20 mins at a time. My 2 loved looking around in it. One of the better things for that age.

Yeah, Thomas has one of those. He hasn't really used it much though and he doesn't seem to like it much. Certainly never tried feeding him in it. I don't thgink he's ever been in it more than five minutes without wanting out.

Good news, Cheryls waters broke on friday afternoon. Just dribbles though. Were in hospital this morning at 7am and basically we have to phone back tomoro morning at 8am and they will then put Cheryl into the hospital and hopefully we have our baby boy on Sunday or Monday

So i get to watch the Scotland game today unless the fluids are not clear . Until then we sit and wait

So her waters broke yesterday afternoon but they'll leave you until tomorrow? That's odd. When I had my second, they said they wouldn't leave us any longer than 24 hours because of the risk of infection. Has that changed as well then? :blink:

I actually had to stay in when my waters broke and I began to labour because I was "TOS" (the short way of saying "Trial of Scar" because I'd had a previous C-section and they had to monitor me because of the risk of the scar opening, which it started to do, so it was just as well). It all went a bit downhill from there actually, but that's because it was me and I've never been able to do anything the easy way. I doubt it'll be the same for your wife as well, so don't worry!

They phoned the labour ward and spoke to the Doctor. Because cheryl broke her waters "dribbles" at 4:30 thats been 24 hours come this afternoon. Basically they said everything is fine. We did find this odd but we will see how it goes, she is still leaking also.

Well, that's good, as long as it's still clear. Have you got her hospital bag sorted? Get her to go through it and make sure she's got everything. She might feel a bit happier if she's occupied and doing something useful.

Take everything, gypo! Both C.J. and Lyn-Marie gave me loads ofthings and it's been brilliant! I've hardly had to buy anything! :D

Just found out my uncles buying us the parm aswell. :D I'm chuffed with that one :D

You should be. The cost of those bloody things is an eye opener! For something that lasts about a year it costs as much as a small second hand car!!

Well he's loaded and at the moment I'm skint :lol: . We did have a wee bit saved for a pram , but that can go towards other things now. Which is good

They leave you 48 hours here.

Good luck G! How exciting for you! :)

It's maybe something that's changed, because everything else seems to have done in the last 7 years!

Making up bottles in advance is a no-no these days too, apparently. It was fine for my eldest two!

4% of babies are born on their due date, leaving 96% coming whenever they damn well please. ;)

She felt a tingle in her back on Monday and it was not a 33.

She reckons she will be early.

My wife has three weeks to go and she has already packed her bag for hospital.

Quite right, too - 37 weeks is considered to be full term...

With the prams - some of them are ridiculous. We went for a travel system and it was about £300 which is cheap for that, but it's brilliant. Kiddicare is a fab website. :)