Pregnancy And Parenting

Hello everyone, I'm needing your help.

I'm doing a project at college on Gestational Diabetes, and would appreciate if any of you who have had it, have a partner who has had it or if you're a health professional who has treated it could give me a bit of your time just to write a paragraph about your experience. Basically, I just need a few words to say how you felt when you/your partner were diagnosed, how it was treated and how you and your baby were after the birth. Or, if you're a health professional, just roughly how many cases you've seen and how you treated the condition.

Everything is entirely confidential and anonymous and all help will be gratefully received.

Thank you. :)

Aiden is still in hospital although things are looking a lot more positive.

The main reason he is in is due to him sustaining a feeding pattern.

They were more concerned with giving him glucose as he was creating too much insulin.

I'm not going into detail but it has been a nightmare although hopefully the worst is over as he is out Yorkhill who were great.It looks like he will have a normal life apart from his name :lol:

Edited by seamus

Hello everyone, I'm needing your help.

I'm doing a project at college on Gestational Diabetes, and would appreciate if any of you who have had it, have a partner who has had it or if you're a health professional who has treated it could give me a bit of your time just to write a paragraph about your experience. Basically, I just need a few words to say how you felt when you/your partner were diagnosed, how it was treated and how you and your baby were after the birth. Or, if you're a health professional, just roughly how many cases you've seen and how you treated the condition.

Everything is entirely confidential and anonymous and all help will be gratefully received.

Thank you. :)

When's it for? I'll get to you eventually :P

Had an appointment with my consultant this morning... don't know what to think - he offered me a c-section for 'next time' (!) along with some other stuff that is pretty horrible, but I'm not going into that here, and I feel a bit down about it.

Had an appointment with my consultant this morning... don't know what to think - he offered me a c-section for 'next time' (!) along with some other stuff that is pretty horrible, but I'm not going into that here, and I feel a bit down about it.

Just look at your gorgeous wee boy and that's bound to make you feel better :D

You're right, :) but I just can't seem to snap out of it.

Have you spoke to Ryan yet? Maybe once you've chatted with folk, got other's input, etc it'll help put some perspective on it (I'm guessing what it's in relation to obviously). Try not to mull it over too much although I know that's easier said than done.

The missus is 27 weeks pregnant. She's really starting to get much bigger now. She looks fantastic though and I keep telling her that

The pregnancy has been pretty uneventful so far but in the last 2 weeks she's complained about backache, constipation and that she thinks she's got a cage fighter inside, oh and bursting into tears for no real reason. She's also said that she's never doing it again and that if a bloke at her work who fancies himself as some sort of expert starts telling her again what she needs to be doing and what supplements she needs to be taking she's gonna kick his brains out and blame it on the hormones.

Next up is the 28 week antenatal appointment where they check her blood for anemia and them its 'Parenting Classes'. God help us. :lol:

Fingers crossed! :)

Maybe as soon as tomorrow :huh: .

Iv been off work with a chest infection and I am due back tomorrow.He may have to do a car seat test before he gets discharged.But its looking good.

Its surreal it will be like a new birth again when we get him home. :)