Pregnancy And Parenting

My older son was a bit like that, Shuggie. He is great with Esther, really affectionate and cuddles and kisses aplenty, but he was acting up with us. He's better now, but still has his moments!

My older son was a bit like that, Shuggie. He is great with Esther, really affectionate and cuddles and kisses aplenty, but he was acting up with us. He's better now, but still has his moments!

Good luck bhoys.

I've been really lucky and can't say I've had any kickback from the big two.

She screamed bloody murder for about half an hour tonight. I'm obviously trying to be fair with them both but obviously the wee boy need that wee bit more attention....but she definitely isn't having any of it, she's been a nightmare the last couple days.

Well little Rhiannon was born at 12.15 pm today, at 35 weeks, though bitter sweet, as the mrs has to eventually be taken for a section under general anaestetic as she cant have a spinal or epidural due to a previous epidural going wrong and leaving some nerve damage,

Anyway, the baby is in NNU under lamps for jaunice and is also needing help breathing and has lines in for fluids etc, so she's not as well as we'd hoped,

The mrs is still mashed as she only came to a few hours ago and is, understandably, not too well, so i've just had to come home as i'm feckin useless at hospital and my younger kids were needing some reassurance as well,

just a wee pic of the baby at about 30 minutes old and before she got all the tubes and stuff attached,

:wub:

P27-03-13_132101_zps1dd35a9d.jpg

Congrats mate. Not long and it'll all be fine Rhiannon was always my favourite girls name but the Mrs vetoed it.

"Would you stay if she promised you heaven?"

Top name sir.

Fell in love with the name as a wee guy mate, i grew up with FM, The Eagles, etc, and the old man always used to have FM on in the car going to the fitba, and Rhiannon has always been my choice of name for our current 3 girls which the mrs has also vetoed, until today, when i got my way with our 4th daughter, well fairs fair i suppose, thats 3 names to her and 3 from me as i got to name our 2 boys!!! :thumsup2

^_^

Edited by 1888bhoy67

Fell in love with the name as a wee guy mate, i grew up with FM, The Eagles, etc, and the old man always used to have FM on in the car going to the fitba, and Rhiannon has always been my choice of name for our current 3 girls which the mrs has also vetoed, until today, when i got my way with our 4th daughter, well fairs fair i suppose, thats 3 names to her and 3 from me as i got to name our 2 boys!!! :thumsup2

^_^

Seen them live the only two times they've played Scotland. That'll change this year though.

My second choice for for name was Stephanie after "stevie" nicks. Vetoed aswell :(

Best of luck anyway mate, hope she's a better sleeper than ours.

Rowan, she's improving, they have removed her oxygen mask and she's feeding by herself too, my mrs say's she's screaming blue murderwhen she's hungry now, which is obviously a great sign,

She had 10 lamps over her yesterday and the docs removed 2 of them last night, but the early blood test this morning showed her billiruben levels had increased slightly again so they had to put one of the lamps back, but all in all she's definitely better than she was,

Just getting increasingly impatient to hold her now!!!!

The mrs sent me this earlier,

Rhiannon_zps49fb4006.jpg

Just getting myself organised to head back up, hate this feckin journey with a passion, but needs must!!!

Edited by 1888bhoy67

I hope she has continued to improve today!

Nuala is six weeks today, not sure where that went! I'm almost human again bit they weren't wrong when they said it would be a slow process.

Some great news, we might be getting the wee one home tomorrow :) She just needs to keep herself off of any oxygen while she's feeding and as long as her blood tests stay as is, she'll be on her way :thumsup2

A wee pic from yesterday,

P02-04-13_1538_zpsdd26fe4c.jpg

And an improvement from today, out of her incubator and in a cot!! :wub:

P03-04-13_160201_zps275dc4b1.jpg