Pregnancy And Parenting

Well, the boy was meant to be staying with my Mum and Dad last night (first time in about 8 weeks) so my girlfriend and I could have a nice meal and go out for a couple of drinks then come home and have an early night.

All was going fine and we got out, came home before 10pm, settled down on the sofa to watch a film, then went to bed and was insanely looking forward to a lie in with no disturbances.

Then at 12.45am, I get a call from my Mum saying that he is screaming the place down and she will need to bring him home. Second time in a month that this has happened now. I really should take it as a compliment that he wants to be home with us, but that just isn't the case, it's because she doesn't do what she is meant to!

My Mother ignores everything we tell her to do when he is staying over there. She doesn't even attempt to put him to bed until at least 8pm, when he has been bathed and fed at just after 6pm when he is at home with us, she sits with him until he falls asleep (which just doesn't happen if someone is in the room, he just wants to play) and she wonders why he screams the place down? And to top it off, she puts him to sleep in a furry suit that is meant for him to wear when it's cold outside!

It's not like she hasn't done it before either, she had two children, so she isn't a complete moron, or at least I thought so.

Nope. Charlie loves his bath and screams when you take him out. He's the same way when you take his toothbrush away as he loves having his teeth brushed.

We have a problem with teeth brushing, I think it's because he didn't get them to so late. He screams and fights!

Loves his bath though. Trys to climb in it when it isn't even bath time!

Well, the boy was meant to be staying with my Mum and Dad last night (first time in about 8 weeks) so my girlfriend and I could have a nice meal and go out for a couple of drinks then come home and have an early night.

All was going fine and we got out, came home before 10pm, settled down on the sofa to watch a film, then went to bed and was insanely looking forward to a lie in with no disturbances.

Then at 12.45am, I get a call from my Mum saying that he is screaming the place down and she will need to bring him home. Second time in a month that this has happened now. I really should take it as a compliment that he wants to be home with us, but that just isn't the case, it's because she doesn't do what she is meant to!

My Mother ignores everything we tell her to do when he is staying over there. She doesn't even attempt to put him to bed until at least 8pm, when he has been bathed and fed at just after 6pm when he is at home with us, she sits with him until he falls asleep (which just doesn't happen if someone is in the room, he just wants to play) and she wonders why he screams the place down? And to top it off, she puts him to sleep in a furry suit that is meant for him to wear when it's cold outside!

It's not like she hasn't done it before either, she had two children, so she isn't a complete moron, or at least I thought so.

Try a different babysitter :D

waves to Adam and LM

Guest The Phoenix
I like to think that people are the opposite of what they were as babies. Nightmare baby (Cal) = lovely grown up. ;)

Little then, did xbl's mother realise what lay in store. :lol:

Callum likes crisp packets...

Is my baby the only one who goes MENTAL when you try to dress him after a bath? It's insane! He screams his head off.

Thomas sometimes does that. He's fine getting dried off and fine getting nappy, vest and pyjama bottoms but try to put his arms in the pj top and all Hell breaks loose sometimes. No idea why but at least he doesn't do it all the time.

Charlie is in a foul mood just now. He slept for nearly three hours earlier (he did need it given last nights performance) and is still looking shattered.

Had to switch over from the Scotland game to watch Big and Small to cheer him up. He normally loves football. :(

Charlie is in a foul mood just now. He slept for nearly three hours earlier (he did need it given last nights performance) and is still looking shattered.

Had to switch over from the Scotland game to watch Big and Small to cheer him up. He normally loves football. :(

You'd be in a foul mood too watching Scotland get humped 3-0!

Now I'm in a foul mood, as he's just bitten me twice (Charlie that is). First one just bruised, second time drew blood. Wee monster. <_<

having had to 'watch' 3 episodes back to back <_<:(:angry: of Jo Frost 'SuperNanny' when I visited my sister yesterday, and thus now an expert on her techniques :P:lol: I'd think this warrants a trip to 'the naughty step' :lol::lol: (what utter pshe that programme is!)

also hillarious clarification there.

Edited by theentomologist

having had to 'watch' 3 episodes back to back <_<:(:angry: of Jo Frost 'SuperNanny' when I visited my sister yesterday, and thus now an expert on her techniques :P:lol: I'd think this warrants a trip to 'the naughty step' :lol::lol: (what utter pshe that programme is!)

also hillarious clarification there.

He is 11 months old! :lol: