Pregnancy And Parenting

My other half has an appointment tommorrow. She's 9 days overdue.

Anybody any experience of these appointments? Will they just send us home to wait?

She might get a sweep and get booked in for induction? I don't know, just guessing from what I've heard from others.

Well, Elmo is currently using my insides as a football. Going to take after his/her mummy I think! I wasn't sure for a start if that was what I was feeling, but I'm convinced now that it is as it's been constant since about 1pm. I've felt it a couple of times before now and passed it off as wind (did you see what I did there?!) but it's definitely me getting lumps kicked out of me! Hehe! Amazing!

Good luck SD, hope it's not a long night for you both, for Mrs SD's sake! :) Can't wait to hear how you get on!

She might get a sweep and get booked in for induction? I don't know, just guessing from what I've heard from others.

Well, Elmo is currently using my insides as a football. Going to take after his/her mummy I think! I wasn't sure for a start if that was what I was feeling, but I'm convinced now that it is as it's been constant since about 1pm. I've felt it a couple of times before now and passed it off as wind (did you see what I did there?!) but it's definitely me getting lumps kicked out of me! Hehe! Amazing!

Good luck SD, hope it's not a long night for you both, for Mrs SD's sake! :) Can't wait to hear how you get on!

It's a strange feeling when the baby is moving and kicking you.

I sat late at night listening to the baby move and you could hear the fluid moving as the baby kicked and moved around,it's a bit like when you move and you can hear the inside of your belly making strange sounds. :D

Nothing doing yet. She's nowhere near ready and she's not in labour yet. They've given her a first dose of the chemical but said it certainly won't move before tomorrow at best, maybe even Friday, and they've sent me home. If she's not actually in labour I'm not allowed to be there overnight and she's not. So back up tomorrow morning bright and early for me. :)

Guest The Phoenix
Nothing doing yet. She's nowhere near ready and she's not in labour yet. They've given her a first dose of the chemical but said it certainly won't move before tomorrow at best, maybe even Friday, and they've sent me home. If she's not actually in labour I'm not allowed to be there overnight and she's not. So back up tomorrow morning bright and early for me. :)

My wife was 25 hours with our first.

I saw three shift changes and grew a beard before our daughter finally consented to make an appearance.

Her mother half hopes she has a similar experience in 5 weeks time. :lol:

:D:P;)

Girl came into hospital lunchtime on the Sunday when I was in to be induced, I met her in town recently and she was telling me it was the Wednesday before she had him!

Remember though, for full boasting, start a separate thread.

All the best dads do. :D

The hell with that! Though I see there is one floating about the First Division Board for some reason :huh:

It's been a very long day (and if the wife ever wants another child she can have someone else sit with her through labour!) but all worth it in the end. Looked set for a midnight-ish birth but suddenly around tea time everything started to happen very fast which was a relief to all parties.

Welcome to the world Thomas. :D

7lb 13oz born at 19:02, 19/02/09

post-106-1235092413_thumb.jpg

The hell with that! Though I see there is one floating about the First Division Board for some reason :huh:

It's been a very long day (and if the wife ever wants another child she can have someone else sit with her through labour!) but all worth it in the end. Looked set for a midnight-ish birth but suddenly around tea time everything started to happen very fast which was a relief to all parties.

Welcome to the world Thomas. :D

7lb 13oz born at 19:02, 19/02/09

post-106-1235092413_thumb.jpg

5 hours, 5 fuckin hours is all it would have taken! :angry:

Seriously, congratulations, ya arsehile!!! :D

Really seriously, congratulations to you Ewan, and Maureen, and I wish all the very best to you all with Thomas for a long and happy life! :)