The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I was sat in Sports Cafe the other night and in the back of my mind I was thinking Batista would make an appearance at Mania. When he didn't I would never have thought they would bring him back the night after

I'm telling you now he's gonna screw Trips at Backlash for the title. It's about time he turned heel and its about time Trips wasn't fighting for the title anymore because its boring as f**k.

Was it just me or did Vickie actually f**k up and had to come back out to correct herself? :lol:

Once again.........Steamboat is my hero. :D

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

He's always been in my all time top 3 but at 56 he is still phenomenal. Get him back on the roster. If guys like Hacksaw can still pop up every noe and then, there is no reason Steamboat could come back and work a limited schedule. However, I suspect Ricky doesn't really need the money so I doubt it.

Guest Berwick till i die

What's the chances of Steamboat vs Jericho at Backlash because I think it's a possibility. He has put on two stunning performances this week and the reaction of the crowd has been amazing so I think the WWE might be tempted to give him a farewell match against Jericho with him retiring if Jericho wins. It would be great to see. Obviously his fitness level isn't that great which is understandable but I still think he could go 10 - 15 minutes with Jericho.

However, I suspect Ricky doesn't really need the money so I doubt it.

It's not always about the money. It's sometimes about the passion for doing it. Mania might have brought back the sort of memories that Steamboat wants to relive.

It's not always about the money. It's sometimes about the passion for doing it. Mania might have brought back the sort of memories that Steamboat wants to relive.

But at 55/56 and still having a cushy wee job behind the scenes you have to wonder if he would really want to go back on the roster and put his body through it all again. Does his passion for the business warrant risking his health when he doesn't particularly have to?

I personally hope he returns but to an extremely limited schedule. I'd hate to see him end up in a bad state because of coming out of retirement and going back onto the full time roster. Like I already said, I would be delighted to see maybe work a schedule similar to that of Jim Duggan.

I'd love Steamboat vs Jericho at Backlash.The match at 'Mania was wasted with Snuka and Piper. Had they just made it Steamboat/Jericho and gave them 15/20 mins it could still have been alot better rather than have the other two to cluster it up.

can anybody else see Batista turning on the Game at Backlash, handing Orton the title? dont know if its just me but that would be great!!

I already said this in an earlier post. I can definetly see it. His character has gone stale much in the same way Cenas has. I've been praying for one or the other to turn heel for the best part of 2 years, ideally both but it aint gonna happen. This would be a good story as its been a while since HHH and Batisrta had a feud and a heel Batista could be quite entertaining.

I already said this in an earlier post. I can definetly see it. His character has gone stale much in the same way Cenas has. I've been praying for one or the other to turn heel for the best part of 2 years, ideally both but it aint gonna happen. This would be a good story as its been a while since HHH and Batisrta had a feud and a heel Batista could be quite entertaining.

I'm sure the WWE had Batista scheduled to fight Cena at 'Mania before his injury kicked in so they might continue to go with that storyline. A heel turn against HHH would be good though. Talking of HHH, it sounded like he was getting a bit of heat at Raw on Monday night from the crowd, a bit like Cena but not at the same level.

I'm sure the WWE had Batista scheduled to fight Cena at 'Mania before his injury kicked in so they might continue to go with that storyline. A heel turn against HHH would be good though. Talking of HHH, it sounded like he was getting a bit of heat at Raw on Monday night from the crowd, a bit like Cena but not at the same level.

Thats because he doesn't realise his title reigns were boring even as far back as 2003 and refuses to allow someone to take "his" place. As much as the IWC love him.........I fucking hate him.

Thats because he doesn't realise his title reigns were boring even as far back as 2003 and refuses to allow someone to take "his" place. As much as the IWC love him.........I fucking hate him.

What's IWC?

What's the chances of Steamboat vs Jericho at Backlash because I think it's a possibility. He has put on two stunning performances this week and the reaction of the crowd has been amazing so I think the WWE might be tempted to give him a farewell match against Jericho with him retiring if Jericho wins. It would be great to see. Obviously his fitness level isn't that great which is understandable but I still think he could go 10 - 15 minutes with Jericho.

After his performance at Wrestlemania and on Raw, WWEmag-glass_10x10.gif have decided to make Ricky "The dragon" Steamboat a regular performer for the next month or so.

The current plan is to put him against Jericho in a singles match at Backlash.

Steamboat retired from in-ring action when he injured his back in a match with Steve Austinmag-glass_10x10.gif for WCW in 1994.

wresting-edge.com

looks like they are running with it :D

-- In case you missed it, while Rey Mysterio was making his ring entrance for his match against John Bradshaw Layfield at WrestleMania, Jim Ross apparently took a dig at deceased actor Heath Ledger.

During Mysterio's entrance, Jerry Lawler asked if he was paying tribute to Heath Ledger's Joker — due to the design of his mask. Ross replied, "At least Rey's career is alive and well."

:o Did anyone else hear JR saying this?