The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Got the DVD yesterday. Was actually a bit annoyed. Now that its in the books theres no point in moaning about it and I actually wanted to see it agaun as he is one of my favourite artists. No big deal though.

My only gripe about another excellent episode of SmackDown this week was the reaction to Morrisons win over Punk. The commentators called it a huge upset and Morrison looked shocked when he actually won it. If im not wrong Morrison beat Punk clean on 3 consecutive PPVs in 2007 and on a couple of other times on TV.

That sounds about right - but WWE have almost always assumed that their viewers only have a memory span of 12 months and won't possibly remember something like that.

im looking forward to the bash tonight, the hhh and randy orton matches should be good, hope orton holds onto the belts for a wee while longer though

I dunno, I'm a little bit underwhelmed by the match stipulations for the HHH vs Orton contest. I suppose we'll see tonight how it pans out.

Worst looking PPV on paper for a LOOOOOOOONG time, purely because of the inclusion of Knees. :angry:

However, some of the card looks decent. I'm climbing the walls with excitement for The Miz vs. John Cena.

Another HHH vs Orton match certainly doesnt fill me with excitement. None of there previous encounters have either.

Other than that it looks alright. Punk vs Jeff will be good and I am delighted to see The Miz as a fresh face in the main event scene..

Another HHH vs Orton match certainly doesnt fill me with excitement. None of there previous encounters have either.

Other than that it looks alright. Punk vs Jeff will be good and I am delighted to see The Miz as a fresh face in the main event scene..

Aye, looks pretty decent. I'd like to see The Miz defeat Cena so Miz can continue with his trash-talkin' segments on Raw. Also hoping for a Jericho win. I wanna see Ray lose the mask.

Not the best PPV in recent times but the Rey/Jericho match was a good 'un. Nice wee surprise with Edge and Jericho being added to the tag-titles match also. Was expecting a bit more from Miz in his match with Cena TBH. I would've liked to have seen Miz defeat Cena and for them to continue their feud to the next PPV. CM Punk/Jeff match was quite disappointing, what a shit ending and the HHH/Orton match was rather predictable. 5/10

Best bit of last night was Jeff lining up a leg drop to the groin and screaming "Sacramentoooo" only the crowd barely reacted leaving JR to say "Well Jeff certainly knows where he is tonight".

Nobody cares about Christian. They got him so as they could have him. He was never going to be pushed before and he won't be pushed now.

I'd urge anyone who hasn't seen The Bash to get a hold of Rey/Jericho. Great stuff.

Would agree that people should try and see the Mysterio Jericho match. One of the best matches I have seen in a while. WWE has been so disapointing recently so this was a breath of fresh air.

I have thought with the exception of RAW that the WWE has been great lately. SD is at it's best since the days of the SD six.

For the first time in ages i enjoyed watching Raw last night, it was a good show. Vince opened the show and taunted the crowd in his own unique way, however if he's meant to be a heel i don't understand why he selected Batista to run the show. :huh:

Nevertheless the Night of Champions tournament was a mixture of two halves. I think it was pretty obvious to everyone that it would be Cena and HHH who would progress although the matches differed. John Cena put Miz over pretty well during their match which i thought was enjoyable, it certainly was a lot better than the match that they had at The Bash. On the other hand the MVP vs HHH match was pretty dull, it's unreal how slow MVP is in the ring.

Edge and Chris Jericho as tag team champions is absolutely awesome, the two are an excellent duo who i'm sure will be interesting to keep an eye on while at the same it makes the tag team division a lot more exciting to watch. Furthermore i have a feeling that when they lose the titles Jericho will turn on Edge, leading to an Edge face turn.

The Gauntlet match was worked well as it was a successful way to bring Bourne, Swagger and Henry into Raw. What the hell was vintage Michael Cole thinking by calling an RKO from the ropes as a running Bulldog? total trumpet! :lol: While Swagger getting himself counted out almost seems as if he's hinting to Orton that he wants to be part of Legacy, which would be interesting to see no doubt.

Onto the trades and i'm relieved that Smackdown didn't lose anyone significant, gaining Matt Hardy and the Hart Dynasty only improves the quality of the show and i can't wait to see them in action on the best WWE show right now.

I would disagree with the view that no-one cares about Christian, if no-one didn't care about him then he wouldn't be the top face of his own show would he? give it some time, Christian will eventually move onto better things on either Raw or Smackdown.

How could i forget the highlight of Raw? The almighty Sexual Chocolate on Raw and defeating Orton! :D

"Somebody gonna get they ass kicked, Somebody gonna get their wig split" :P

Edited by Parscelona

Nevertheless the Night of Champions tournament was a mixture of two halves. I think it was pretty obvious to everyone that it would be Cena and HHH who would progress although the matches differed. John Cena put Miz over pretty well during their match which i thought was enjoyable, it certainly was a lot better than the match that they had at The Bash. On the other hand the MVP vs HHH match was pretty dull, it's unreal how slow MVP is in the ring.

I was happy to see how much The Miz got in that match on RAW, especially considering how bad Miz looked at The Bash. I thought they blew it big time on the PPV and they're going to need to do something big to make up for that. For all of the new face pushing that WWE have been saying they're doing, they sure get scard when it comes to pulling the trigger on someone worth pulling the trigger on.

As for MVP vs. HHH, both of them are as slow as sin in the ring, but Triple H is experienced enough to use it to his advantage. MVP can be excellent as well if he's in there with someone with a bit of pace, but against someone like HHH, it always comes across as "meh".

Mark Henry as the new babyface on RAW ? I'm interested to see how this all pans out.

Thye build the Miz up for nearly 2 months and in the space of 24 hours the f**k him up twice :lol: ........good going.

Not too sure what tomake of the trades. Most of the guys I watched ECW to see have now been split between Smackdown and RAW. Hopefully with The Harts being moved they will now be able to feud with other tag teams and have a shot at the belts. And hopefully Regal gets a shot at the ECW title.

Mark Henry on RAW was awesome :lol: .

I can't wait for next weeks guest host.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

http://www.youtube.com/show/tnaclassicmatches

This is well worth a look. The matches I'd recommend are ( and bear in mind there's more on there that I haven't seen ) ...

1. AMW vs. XXX, Six Sides of Steel Match - TNA Turning Point 2004

2. Petey Williams vs. Chris Sabin vs. AJ Styles, Ultimate X Match - TNA Final Resolution 2005

4. Abyss vs. AJ Styles, Six Sides of Steel Match - TNA Lockdown 2005

5. Samoa Joe vs. Chris Sabin - TNA No Surrender 2005

7. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles - TNA Turning Point 2005

14. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle - TNA Turning Point 2006

15. Kurt Angle vs. Sting - TNA Turning Point 2007

18. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe, Six Sides of Steel Match - TNA Lockdown 2008

20. Elimination X Eight Man Tag - TNA Genesis 2005

26. LAX vs. AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels, Ultimate X Match - TNA No Surrender 2006

The numbers are at the side to let you see what episode it is. I've bolded the absolute must see stuff, and I cannot stress enough how amazing the second match on there is.

Edited by DomDom