The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I'm currently watching the 2002 Survivor Series from MSG, this was the PPV with the first ever Elimination Chamber match I think.

Also, lol at Umaga as Jamal in 3-Minute Warning.

Really good PPV actually.

The main event is a belter and that Table Match is a good 'un. Even better is when Rico gets annoyed when Sloppy Jeff isn't in position for a spot and he's forced to shout. "JEFF ! COME ON !".

Also a peach of a triple threat tag match on there.

The main event is a belter and that Table Match is a good 'un. Even better is when Rico gets annoyed when Sloppy Jeff isn't in position for a spot and he's forced to shout. "JEFF ! COME ON !".

Indeed, also Rico losing his balance when going for a moonsault.

Was this the same night as Scott Steiners debut, with him yelling to someone at ringside "GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC!"? :lol:

Was this the same night as Scott Steiners debut, with him yelling to someone at ringside "GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC!"? :lol:

Yep, he interrupted Chris Nowinski's in-ring promo.

It's all gone a bit pear shaped with that situation. Karen Angle and the kids DID move in with JJ and Angle wants JJ off of the booking team and he has quite a bit of backing as well. JJ still has his die hards.

Jarrett has been taken off TV.

During last night's WWE house show in Greenville, South Carolina, a fan tried to rush the ring before the Chris Jericho vs. Ricky Steamboat match. The fan snuck into the entrance isle, and made his way to the ring. He couldn't get through the ring ropes, was pulled away, handcuffed and taken to the back before he was arrested. While handcuffed in the back, the man tried to ask for autographs. [Credit: Pwinsider.com]

- Chris Jericho made the following comment on his TWITTER:

"A fan hit the ring during my promo before my match in Greenville...things did not turn out well for him."

:lol:

Always nice to hear about the downfall of morons. Especially like the wording of Jericho's take on things.

I hear that Jeff Jarrett is shacked up with Karen Angle and Kurt Angle is actually considering leaving TNA over it.

WASSUPWIDAT!!!

It'll be a work I tell ye!!!

Think about it. It's Kurts EX-wife. It's not as though Jeff just shagged his missus :lol: . It's harsh if it's true.

It was only reported after a phone call to Bubba the love Sponge radio show. The call was made by "an anonymous TNA employee" who had their voice distortedto hide their identity :lol: .

It will be to heat up the feud and build up to Bound for Glory.

Anyone watch RAW last night.

Spoiler free notes.

* Mark Henry has improved so much. He can go from being a badass to being a big cuddly bear in the motion of an eye. He's also got the whole big vs. little match down well.

* The six man tag between the US Title scene was pretty good and action packed. Match of the night and worth a look.

* Santino is still a worthless piece of shit.

EDIT

It has been confirmed that Jeff Jarrett and Karen Angle are romantically involved, which has been rumored for many months. Kurt Angle has been aware of the relationship since last fall, while he was feuding with Jarrett.

- TNA is not commenting to the public on the situation, and while it has been reported that Dixie Carter sent Jarrett home, others are saying that Jarrett made the call himself.

- Jarrett reportedly made the call to go home when an issue of custody over the children arose between Kurt and Karen. Jarrett reportedly thought it best to remove himself from his TNA duties during the dispute. Until this time, he and Angle had been "co-existing" backstage.

- While there are rumors that Angle is looking for creative control, others are reporting that there is no major push for a new creative direction or team at this time.

- People within the company want to know who made the call to the Bubba The Love Sponge Show, since that started this all. Some feel that the Bubba call could have been staged just to out the issues.

Credit : PWI

Edited by DomDom

Anyone watch RAW last night.

Spoiler free notes.

* Mark Henry has improved so much. He can go from being a badass to being a big cuddly bear in the motion of an eye. He's also got the whole big vs. little match down well.

* The six man tag between the US Title scene was pretty good and action packed. Match of the night and worth a look.

* Santino is still a worthless piece of shit.

IMO Mark Henry has improved leaps and bounds since he was moved to ECW from Smackdown, and is now reaping the rewards with his move to the Raw. Looks in the shape of his life and his timing in the ring has improved 100%. He also looks like he can sell a bump better now. Love how he orchestrates the crowd with the aftermatch cheering.

The six man tag match was a good match, but Jericho's match was also enjoyable.

Santino is still highly entertaining IMO. :D

What's everyones view on who Jericho's tag-partner will be at NOC? I have a sneaky feeling it could be HBK.

What's everyones view on who Jericho's tag-partner will be at NOC? I have a sneaky feeling it could be HBK.

There isn't an obvious choice on the roster at the moment that stands out - Christian maybe?

Jericho should be nowhere near the tag titles anyway so I'm hoping that Legacy win that match

About Mark Henry, I'm interested in what's going to happen there because I just don't see where he fits in on RAW as a face right now, the main event spots are filled with HHH & Cena, & Orton is the only heel of note on the whole show unless they go with the horrible scenario of Henry vs Big Show :o

I

IMO Mark Henry has improved leaps and bounds since he was moved to ECW from Smackdown, and is now reaping the rewards with his move to the Raw. Looks in the shape of his life and his timing in the ring has improved 100%. He also looks like he can sell a bump better now. Love how he orchestrates the crowd with the aftermatch cheering.

The six man tag match was a good match, but Jericho's match was also enjoyable.

Santino is still highly entertaining IMO. :D

I think Jericho's partner will be Dolph Ziggler, but they'll lose anyway, hopefully.

You would think Ziggler is a good shout, but they tagged on SD. You would think a mystery tag partner is going to be completely out of the blue. A let down, but out the blue nonetheless.

Re: Santino, I like him. I thought the skits last week were great. But Jesus, everything with ZZ Top was awful. Just horrendous.

You would think Ziggler is a good shout, but they tagged on SD. You would think a mystery tag partner is going to be completely out of the blue. A let down, but out the blue nonetheless.

That's what I reckon too.

I've got a shortlist of The Miz, Ricky Steamboat Jr. Ted Dibiase Jr., Shawn Michaels or Christian.

Re: Santino, I like him. I thought the skits last week were great. But Jesus, everything with ZZ Top was awful. Just horrendous.

I reckon Santino has been horrendous ever since he turned face. I wasn't a big fan of him as a heel but he had his moments.

I enjoyed Santino's Triple Atchy moment last week. True he has not been as great as when he was heel, but the same could be said for numerous characters. Is Jericho more effective as a heel or face?

I think we can rule out The Miz, I presume you are referring to their Twitter feud. As entertaining as it, I can't see the WWE actually acknowledging something from the internet. Could be wrong.

You would think HBK's comeback will be something a bit bigger than a mystery partner as well. Unless they go for the always tedious, "wacky tag partners who dislike each other". I fully expect it to be a complete letdown. Lance Storm would be great, but that's not going to happen. Like I say, I think it will be something awful, like Carlito.

I think we can rule out The Miz, I presume you are referring to their Twitter feud. As entertaining as it, I can't see the WWE actually acknowledging something from the internet.

I was actually thinking about The Miz being a reliable tag team guy now and a good replacement. I wasn't aware of the Twitter thing.

I enjoyed Santino's Triple Atchy moment last week. True he has not been as great as when he was heel, but the same could be said for numerous characters. Is Jericho more effective as a heel or face?

A heel. To be more specific, his current heel run. As boring as I think he has been, he has never been more over as a heel or face in the way that he is now. Santino has just dropped and dropped in popularity since the Vickie thing ended.

Santino's best moments as a face now are coming in the ring. He has some really good little things he does, but we rarely see him wrestle which is a shame.

You would think HBK's comeback will be something a bit bigger than a mystery partner as well. Unless they go for the always tedious, "wacky tag partners who dislike each other". I fully expect it to be a complete letdown. Lance Storm would be great, but that's not going to happen. Like I say, I think it will be something awful, like Carlito.

I can't see Lance doing a WWE schedule even for a short time. It's one thing to come back and wrestle for ROH once every so often, which is demanding in it's own ways.

The HBK WOULD lead to other things in time for Summerslam I would imagine. He's apparently on the posters for the show.

I was actually thinking about The Miz being a reliable tag team guy now and a good replacement. I wasn't aware of the Twitter thing.

A heel. To be more specific, his current heel run. As boring as I think he has been, he has never been more over as a heel or face in the way that he is now. Santino has just dropped and dropped in popularity since the Vickie thing ended.

Santino's best moments as a face now are coming in the ring. He has some really good little things he does, but we rarely see him wrestle which is a shame.

I can't see Lance doing a WWE schedule even for a short time. It's one thing to come back and wrestle for ROH once every so often, which is demanding in it's own ways.

The HBK WOULD lead to other things in time for Summerslam I would imagine. He's apparently on the posters for the show.

But even when Jericho was throwing out insults he was much more entertaining as a heel.

I completely agree with the Santino point, but even before the Vickie thing ended. It was decent until he started making the pig noises, which seemed (and was) a blatant WWE anger issue at Vickie leaving.

I can't see Lance doing it either, just fantasy booking there. He'd be a nice fit, especially his history with Jericho. And it would be bloody easy for Jericho to say he went to someone he knew he could rely on. If Christian was a heel I guess he could slot in there too. Or Ben... never mind.

I still think the HBK coming back as a mystery tag partner thing would be a bit of a let down. You would think they would hype HBK coming back. Not merely as a mystery partner. It could lead to other things, but it just seems awfully un-WWE. Like I say, mystery tag partners are almost always a let down, so prepare for Kama or Rikishi and we might get a pleasant surprise. That said, if it is The Miz and it means him and Maryse hanging out more and saying how they both have gold, only for Jericho to scold him for taking his eye off the prize...