The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

WWE.com made the following announcement this evening:

Rey Mysterio suspended for 30 days

Written: August 27, 2009

In accordance with WWE's Wellness Program, effective Wednesday, September 2, Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio) is suspended for 30 days for a violation of the company's policy.

So we shouldn't be talking about Hardy leaving eventhough it's been known for months but it's ok to say this when Mysterio is obviously losing the title next week now?

I'm only asking.

So we shouldn't be talking about Hardy leaving eventhough it's been known for months but it's ok to say this when Mysterio is obviously losing the title next week now?

I'm only asking.

I would assume the difference is that the WWE site has this information posted as news. It does not relate to anything we are yet to see on screen, thus spoiling the viewing of the show. Jeff is taking part in a loser leaves match that will be shown on Friday, so talking about how he is leaving is spoiling Fridays show. To be fair though I personally don't get too worked up about folk posting spoilers online, because if you come on to anything wrestling chat related you can usually expect it.

I would assume the difference is that the WWE site has this information posted as news. It does not relate to anything we are yet to see on screen, thus spoiling the viewing of the show. Jeff is taking part in a loser leaves match that will be shown on Friday, so talking about how he is leaving is spoiling Fridays show. To be fair though I personally don't get too worked up about folk posting spoilers online, because if you come on to anything wrestling chat related you can usually expect it.

Yeah. I'd say that was the difference. The news about Mysterio didnt directly involve spoiling a story line or outcome.

Anywho, my bad for anyone who didn't want to know.

I'm only asking.

:lol:

Suspensions aren't spoilers. Dolt.

I'm only asking.

It's only a 30 day suspension and I'm sure I read that Rey only recently signed a new contract which guaranteed him a long IC title run. Not sure if this is true or not and if it is I don't know if WWE have any loopholes in the contract which allow them to strip Rey of the belt in the case of a suspension.

It's only a 30 day suspension and I'm sure I read that Rey only recently signed a new contract which guaranteed him a long IC title run. Not sure if this is true or not and if it is I don't know if WWE have any loopholes in the contract which allow them to strip Rey of the belt in the case of a suspension.

the fact that the suspension starts the day after the next Smackdown tapings makes it pretty obvious that Rey is dropping the belt though

If you told me during Jeff Hardy's 2002/2003 run in WWE that I'd be sad to see him go at any point I'd have hit you a belt, but such is the effort that he made since returning to WWE that it eclipsed pretty much entire roster on that count. Might not be the best wrestler but he has his ways around that. Has great chemistry with opponents which has helped him overcome that one too. Funnily enough, the only guy he doesn't have good chemistry with is Matt Hardy. Fatt Lardy ?

Anyways, I really hope that he returns to our screens at some point in the future. Went out on a high with two brilliant brawls, as if to say "THIS is what you'll be missing".