The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Money's not the issue with Paul E staying away from the WWE. It was that he was frustrated by Vince's pigheadedness that lead to the new ECW becoming Tuesday Night Heat. I could see him going to TNA if they're willing to be a tad more open to his way of doing things, though.

Anyone any idea of ticket prices for The Gathering?

yeah he should go to Tna as tna is pretty shit and I reckon he could make it at least a bit better. Wouldn't say no to seeing him on RAW either.

That's shite! Not only was she a good wrestler but she was great on the mic and great to look at :wub: .

Aye, most women's wrestlers fail to hold my interest, but she's a legitimate total package. Looks, charisma, believable gimmick, in-ring skills and psychology. FFS, I even tuned into that awful PPV featuring the Survivor chick against Booker T's wife and a MEM clean sweep for one of her matches.

Word is TNA are to blame, just telling her to work using the visa WWE granted her and that they'd sort it out later. <_<

Looks like it'll be back to Dailymotion for me after a while. Unless Batista ends up fueding with The Undertaker again, since their matches tend to be awesome right from the word go.

Can anyone see Edge coming back soon and adding to the madness ?

Teddy Hart is going to be at the 1PW 4th Year Anniversary show. There will be a bus running from Scotland to the show. Another big announcement made on the 26th of this month.

Meh Teddy Hart.......I'm not fussed.

Any rumours on what the announcement will be?

And just a minute before I read this I got a random as f**k email from Lionheart who I've never spoke to in my life to tell me about the bus. :lol: I still dunno how he got my email address. :lol:

I have to agree on the post about WWE " Superstars " being a bit chunky these days, WWE should be pulling guys like Matt Hardy and Kane up and telling them to shape up or ship out, Matt Hardy is a total joke now and it hurts my eyes to watch his fights anymore, he struggles to move about the ring and half of his fights seem to be him doing stinking lazy head locks, he just looks rubbish!

I watched RAW the other night to hear the ghastly news that Batista is going to SD, this is horrible news as RAW is stinking just now, I think I'm more annoyed with RAW's story lines and guest hosts these days than I am of their adverts every 10 minutes! I mean how many more times do we need to know that WWE is coming to the UK and Ireland???

On the other hand Bastista going to SD makes very interesting viewing indeed! I can see CM Punk losing his belt at the next big event and simply being pushed aside to make way for the Undertaker/Batista show, I can only hope he is pushed aside, still shocked he still has that belt considering he is terrible! I suppose there is no1 else around at the moment and this whole ' straight edge ' crap keeps the ball rolling.

Hurry up and get back Edge!

Edited by M0rtonfc

I have to agree on the post about WWE " Superstars " being a bit chunky these days, WWE should be pulling guys like Matt Hardy and Kane up and telling them to shape up or ship out, Matt Hardy is a total joke now and it hurts my eyes to watch his fights anymore, he struggles to move about the ring and half of his fights seem to be him doing stinking lazy head locks, he just looks rubbish!

I watched RAW the other night to hear the ghastly news that Batista is going to SD, this is horrible news as RAW is stinking just now, I think I'm more annoyed with RAW's story lines and guest hosts these days than I am of their adverts every 10 minutes! I mean how many more times do we need to know that WWE is coming to the UK and Ireland???

On the other hand Bastista going to SD makes very interesting viewing indeed! I can see CM Punk losing his belt at the next big event and simply being pushed aside to make way for the Undertaker/Batista show, I can only hope he is pushed aside, still shocked he still has that belt considering he is terrible! I suppose there is no1 else around at the moment and this whole ' straight edge ' crap keeps the ball rolling.

Hurry up and get back Edge!

That's a bit harsh. I reckon Punk is doing a great job. He's filled the void left by Edge's absence and is now considered Smackdown's no1 heel, and rightly so. The 'straight edge' gimmick works really well and creates plenty of heat from the crowd, and a large part of that is down to Punk's natural skills at cutting a good promo. He's also a fairly good wrestler and rarely makes any mistakes in the ring. He deserves his push IMO.

Aye mate fair enough, I think I was being a bit too hard on punk mainly because I don't rate him but he does have some good skills! You do make some valid points, he is good with the crowd and makes no mistakes in the ring but for him to be a champion, I just can't see it! Of course the only reason he got that push was becuase Jeff was leaving and lets face it there is not really anyone else who fits the bill! Taker is back and with Batista going to SD I think Punk will be taking a back seat, hopefully....

A lot of people won't agree with me but I just don't rate him at all, He has nothing that little bit special about him, his ' go to sleep ' is a terrible finisher too.

Blaaaahhhhh :rolleyes:

Aye mate fair enough, I think I was being a bit too hard on punk mainly because I don't rate him but he does have some good skills! You do make some valid points, he is good with the crowd and makes no mistakes in the ring but for him to be a champion, I just can't see it! Of course the only reason he got that push was becuase Jeff was leaving and lets face it there is not really anyone else who fits the bill! Taker is back and with Batista going to SD I think Punk will be taking a back seat, hopefully....

A lot of people won't agree with me but I just don't rate him at all, He has nothing that little bit special about him, his ' go to sleep ' is a terrible finisher too.

Blaaaahhhhh :rolleyes:

Making who SmackDowns tp heel? Both Batista and Taker are face. Who does that leave? Dolph Ziggler?

Punk defintly deserves his main event spot. He gets great heat from the live audience and can work like hell. He can talk no problem, cuts great promos and the Straight Edge gimmick works. Finally, the GTS is a great move :P . But apart from all of that I agree with everything else. :lol: