The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Naruki Doi, BxB Hulk and PAC vs. The Young Bucks and CIMA in Oxford.

The UK is about to have the best match ever to take place on it's soil. The fact that it will probably be preceeded by the greatest ring entrance of all time only makes it better.

I actually let out a "YAAAASSSSS !!!" when I seen the match announced. I can't believe I'm actually going to see this match live.

I don't usually watch TNA, but caught a bit of the 'No Surrender' PPV. What's the story with Kurt Angle? He doesn't look at all well. He looks scarely thin and has lost most of his muscular physique(sp). :o

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

I have no idea what the deal with his weight loss is. He reminds me of Randy Couture with the facial hair. Eric Young is doing his best to look like him. I thought he WAS Kurt Angle on first look.

The PPV had some good stuff on it though. The main event was a corker.

I don't usually watch TNA, but caught a bit of the 'No Surrender' PPV. What's the story with Kurt Angle? He doesn't look at all well. He looks scarely thin and has lost most of his muscular physique(sp). :o

That's so scary that you have posted about this, Yesterday I was bored oot my tits so started watching old Kurt Angle fights, One of them was that no way out fight with the undertaker where he done about 3 angle slams on taker and also got him in about 5 ankle locks and still could not win the match, He ended winning it with a crazy suplex that pined Taker haha! Crazy fight indeed.

I was flicking through the channels the other night and I caught the 4 way heavyweight match on TNA, I never watch TNA cause I think it's pretty rubbish but thought I would take this in as the mighty Angle was fighting, I have to saw he looks pretty bad now, I don't like his weight loss! He looked better when he was a bit more stocky. He also had on what I can only describe as a pair of reebok pumps??? Terrible outfit...

I would love him to come back to WWE so so much, One of my fave fighters of all time and by far the best intro music of any WWE superstar.

DO DO DO DODODO DODO

DAAAA RAAAAAA

DAAA RAAAAAAA

DO DO DODO DO DO

:D

That's so scary that you have posted about this, Yesterday I was bored oot my tits so started watching old Kurt Angle fights, One of them was that no way out fight with the undertaker where he done about 3 angle slams on taker and also got him in about 5 ankle locks and still could not win the match, He ended winning it with a crazy suplex that pined Taker haha!

And this is my arguement for anyone who thinks Kurt Angle is a great. He isn't. He's good, but he has absolutely no concept of what a finishing move is supposed to be. The Angle Slam means nothing. The Ankle Lock means nothing. Even the Ankle Lock with added grapevine now means nothing. It's just another trademark move he does which, maybe one time out of 10 attempts, actually does the job. Or if it's the Angle Slam, 0 times out of 10.

I was flicking through the channels the other night and I caught the 4 way heavyweight match on TNA, I never watch TNA cause I think it's pretty rubbish but thought I would take this in as the mighty Angle was fighting, I have to saw he looks pretty bad now, I don't like his weight loss!

He's a little slimmer. Hardly major stuff. He's trying to get this sort of legit MMA look about him and he thought that the slim down would help matters. It hasn't really helped if you ask me.

And this is my arguement for anyone who thinks Kurt Angle is a great. He isn't. He's good, but he has absolutely no concept of what a finishing move is supposed to be. The Angle Slam means nothing. The Ankle Lock means nothing. Even the Ankle Lock with added grapevine now means nothing. It's just another trademark move he does which, maybe one time out of 10 attempts, actually does the job. Or if it's the Angle Slam, 0 times out of 10.

Nothing pissesme off more than watching an Angle match with half a dozen ankle locks in it. I've always liked him but he is by no means one of the greats. His gimmick annoys me too these days. I miss the days when he just started out where he played the coward.........it's true, it's true..............I do :ph34r:

Nothing pissesme off more than watching an Angle match with half a dozen ankle locks in it. I've always liked him but he is by no means one of the greats. His gimmick annoys me too these days. I miss the days when he just started out where he played the coward.........it's true, it's true..............I do :ph34r:

I quite liked the intense Angle that was around before Angle jumped ship. The thing is that TNA have taken pretty much everything good about Angle and decided to dump it. The intensity, goofiness and general likeability is gone. What is left is an over-rated boring wrestler.

Inever thought I'd say this but well done Vince Russo :lol: . I guess it was his decision to remove Kurt from as TNA champ. Apparently he has decided that Morgan, Hernandez and AJ are "his" guys so I guess quite a lot of focus will be taken off Kurt and the MEM, infact I can see them breaking up the Mafia before much longer.

IF VINCE RUSSO READS P&B.......BRING BACK GOOFY KURT ANGLE

Inever thought I'd say this but well done Vince Russo :lol: . I guess it was his decision to remove Kurt from as TNA champ. Apparently he has decided that Morgan, Hernandez and AJ are "his" guys so I guess quite a lot of focus will be taken off Kurt and the MEM, infact I can see them breaking up the Mafia before much longer.

IF VINCE RUSSO READS P&B.......BRING BACK GOOFY KURT ANGLE

It's no surprise that Russo likes newer guys, although I AM shocked that a main event failure like AJ is getting yet another shot at it. The guy even at his hottest was about as useful to the main event scene as I would be if I walked into the Impact Zone.

Looking forward to seeing how Hernandez and Morgan get on. The pushing of Hernandez has been pretty good and gradual which is a nice change of pace for TNA. As for Morgan, they have a lot of damage to repair with him.

Thinking about it now it's pretty hard to believe that Morgan is a maineventer for the second most popular wrestling promotion in America. I don't quite get why? He can't wrestle and he has some of the most cringworthy promos today.

Glad to see Hernandez get a push, I'm a big fan and I'm actually uite gutted that his push means no more LAX.

AJ is the goto guy. Whenever they are not sure who to put the belt on just give it to AJ. Although he may not be a main event level player, as has been proved numerous times before, he can bring back credible wrestling to the title.

Thinking about it now it's pretty hard to believe that Morgan is a maineventer for the second most popular wrestling promotion in America. I don't quite get why? He can't wrestle and he has some of the most cringworthy promos today.

The promos aren't his fault and part of the damage I was talking about. He has a great look and he just oozes intensity. The problem is that if you're not booked to BE intense, that won't do much good. He has some decent big man moves that look devastating and can be mobile. He has the tools. Sid was brilliant for the same reasons, even if he wasn't a good wrestler either.

Glad to see Hernandez get a push, I'm a big fan and I'm actually uite gutted that his push means no more LAX.

I see your point. I'm actually gutted we didn't get to see a good LAX vs. MCMG match in TNA.

It was always going to happen eventually. Homicide should become a big player in the X Division now, which brings in some interesting possibilities.

AJ is the goto guy. Whenever they are not sure who to put the belt on just give it to AJ. Although he may not be a main event level player, as has been proved numerous times before, he can bring back credible wrestling to the title.

Yeah, I'll give you that. Of Russo's new breed, he's the tried and tested guy, but I really think they should have given Hernandez or Morgan the belt ahead of him.

Yeah, I'll give you that. Of Russo's new breed, he's the tried and tested guy, but I really think they should have given Hernandez or Morgan the belt ahead of him.

Morgan - no

Hernandez - I think he will eventually but it is still a bit too soon, he just doesn't feel like championship material just yet. They'll need to keep building him up the way they have been for longer and eventually I can see him being the big star of TNA.

AJ was the safe choice for now with a pre written storyline for Bound for Glory.

I can see where your coming from but I never looked at the Angle Slam the same way I looked at a Rock Bottom, Stunner or even the dreaded Chokeslam! I just looked at it as another move to tire down his challenger! I always looked at it as Angle being a pro wrestler with gold medal etc instead of being a WWE superstar who has the look and finisher to go with it. I think that's the way WWE wanted it to be hence the reason the Angle Slam worked once in a blue moon!

Put it this way you would swap old WWE Angle with about half the current WWE superstars that are kicking about just now!

Just on the subject of TNA and in particular two things from No Surrender.

1. AJ Styles winning the big belt is fine by me. But surely Sting walking away when it was obvious there would be a pinfall suggests the title is worthless. Surely, he should be fighting for it? I know it's Sting/AJ mentor rubbish, but it makes it seem Sting would rather AJ won. Which totally goes against EVERYTHING about wrestling.

2. Christopher Daniels. What is the point in this man? I know many folk love him, but seriously. What is his character? Why is a he face? How does him playing a face differ from him being a heel? He exudes absolutely nothing in the ring. He might be solid in terms of the moves he does and how he executes them, but he has the charisma and character of a box. Also, Joe works over his knee for a big chunk of the match, and rather than sell the injury what is one of the first moves he does? A version of a codebreaker. Wrestling psychology says hello.

Anyone else have a dislike of Daniels?

Anyone else seen the 10 year Smackdown Anniversary DVD yet? Must say it's very disappointing. It's what they consider to be Smackdown's best 100 moments presented by Cole and Mat Striker. In a very shit manner it must be said. And rather than show the moments, the DVd mainly just describes them with comments from some people. Poor stuff. I would rather it was in the format of the Raw one, i.e. where each moment is shown (although with decent choices). And the number one Smackdown moment was rather easy to guess.

On the plus point, Santino is very amusing with his comments. The Miz just blows ass though.

2. Christopher Daniels. What is the point in this man? I know many folk love him, but seriously. What is his character? Why is a he face? How does him playing a face differ from him being a heel? He exudes absolutely nothing in the ring. He might be solid in terms of the moves he does and how he executes them, but he has the charisma and character of a box. Also, Joe works over his knee for a big chunk of the match, and rather than sell the injury what is one of the first moves he does? A version of a codebreaker. Wrestling psychology says hello.

I don't think Daniels is much different from many of the other characterless "gimmicks" in wrestling just now.

The problem I have with Daniels is a strange one. Everything he does in the ring looks magnificent. It's almost as if it looks TOO crisp though. Like you're not actually watching a wrestling match, and watching an actual dance or something. It's just too choreographed ( sp? ). When it goes right, it can be amazing. He's superb in tag team matches and the likes, and fits in perfectly.

1. AJ Styles winning the big belt is fine by me. But surely Sting walking away when it was obvious there would be a pinfall suggests the title is worthless. Surely, he should be fighting for it? I know it's Sting/AJ mentor rubbish, but it makes it seem Sting would rather AJ won. Which totally goes against EVERYTHING about wrestling.

I'm not sure that Sting has taken away the worth of the title. He knows how much it means which is EXACTLY why he let Styles have the gold. Styles needs it more than he does and he decided to, as they've been banging on about for weeks, "pass the torch".