The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I see that McMahon has continued on his conquest to change just about every PPV name in the calendar.

We've had Breaking Point (instead of Unforgiven), HIAC (instead of No Mercy), Bragging Rights (instead of Cyber Sunday) and now they've confirmed that Armageddon will be renamed TLC and No Way Out, pretty much the biggest outside the Big Four, has officially been renamed Elimination Chamber.

How long before they rename WrestleMania? :rolleyes:

Just watched the 'documentary' from The Rise and Fall of WCW DVD and put some meat on the bones that was the Monday Night Wars DVD. I think the input from the likes of Kevin Sullivan and Goldberg was a nice touch amongst the usual talking heads as well.

These kind of retrospectives need the input of all the major players though, which it was always going to disappoint on given that the likes of Nash, Sting and Russo were never going to appear.

I see that McMahon has continued on his conquest to change just about every PPV name in the calendar.

We've had Breaking Point (instead of Unforgiven), HIAC (instead of No Mercy), Bragging Rights (instead of Cyber Sunday) and now they've confirmed that Armageddon will be renamed TLC and No Way Out, pretty much the biggest outside the Big Four, has officially been renamed Elimination Chamber.

How long before they rename WrestleMania? :rolleyes:

What'll Survivor Series be? "10 man tag"? Maybe a middle of the road PPV like The Bash can be "Scheduled for 1 fall, victory by pinfall, submission, knockout or disqualifcation, 30 minute time limit". Or S1FVPSKD30MTL for short. <_<

Edited by RB-Scotland

The Rise and Fall of WCW disc one is pretty good stuff, but the stuff that they decide to completely ignore should be punishable by severe beating. Still good stuff on there though, and some of the stuff that gets revealed will open the eyes a wee bit. Especially love the fact that NWA paid for Wrestlemania.

The Rise and Fall of WCW disc one is pretty good stuff, but the stuff that they decide to completely ignore should be punishable by severe beating. Still good stuff on there though, and some of the stuff that gets revealed will open the eyes a wee bit. Especially love the fact that NWA paid for Wrestlemania.

Yeah, there were one or two factoids in there even I wasn't aware of -- had no idea that they once fell off air just as the main event was starting one of their PPV's.

Yeah, there were one or two factoids in there even I wasn't aware of -- had no idea that they once fell off air just as the main event was starting one of their PPV's.

I actually remember that. They ended up showing DDP vs. Goldberg on the Nitro the night after. Which I was pleased with because it's a good match. That is also on this set.

Another fact that I liked was Goldberg finding out he was getting the title match the same way as everyone watching found out. By tuning into Thunder and watching JJ Dillon announce it.

Whens the next PPV?

25th of this month. Bragging Rights. Randy Orton vs. John Cena in a No DQ Iron Man Match.

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Batista is apparently going to be on the show as well.

I actually remember that. They ended up showing DDP vs. Goldberg on the Nitro the night after. Which I was pleased with because it's a good match. That is also on this set.

Another fact that I liked was Goldberg finding out he was getting the title match the same way as everyone watching found out. By tuning into Thunder and watching JJ Dillon announce it.

25th of this month. Bragging Rights. Randy Orton vs. John Cena in a No DQ Iron Man Match.

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Batista is apparently going to be on the show as well.

I always get confused. Is it Saturday night at 00:00/Sunday morning at 00:00 or Sunday night at 00:00/Monday morning at 00:00? :unsure:

Did anyone else notice this on Smackdown the other night - They announced a fatal four way involving Undertaker, Punk, Batista and Mysterio for Bragging Rights (end of this month) and 10 mins later an advert for the Survivor Series UK tour (Early-Mid November) came on and they have announced a casket match on the main show for the Championship between champion The Undertaker and CM Punk. Pretty obvious who is gonna win the Four-way at Bragging Rights then...

Did anyone else notice this on Smackdown the other night - They announced a fatal four way involving Undertaker, Punk, Batista and Mysterio for Bragging Rights (end of this month) and 10 mins later an advert for the Survivor Series UK tour (Early-Mid November) came on and they have announced a casket match on the main show for the Championship between champion The Undertaker and CM Punk. Pretty obvious who is gonna win the Four-way at Bragging Rights then...

CM Punk ? The Undertaker ? That's something that can easily be made non-title anyways. I honestly think WWE aren't sure where the title is going to be because of The Undertaker's fitness at the moment.

Jim Ross has updated his blog at JRsBarBQ.com. Here are some highlights:

* I read on line where WWE was kicking around the "War Games" theme for a possible return to PPV. I think that's a good idea as the traditional "War Games" concept was two teams of five and the bad guys winning every coin toss in existence which allowed them to always start with a 2 on 1 advantage. No, I don't endorse that "every match be a War Games match" but I do think that it makes for a cool theme name and having one "War Games" bout would be marketable if the table was set correctly with the right talents that all had organic reasons to be "teammates." Please read this carefully and don't go into business for yourself inasmuch as I'm saying that this is going to happen but that it was merely something that I read being discussed on line and we all know all those things can be at times.