The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

It's a new PPV but it's not a gimmick PPV. It's called Over the Limit. Headlined by Batista vs. John Cena in an I Quit Match and Jack Swagger vs. The Big Show. CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio is on the show too and that should be an absolute cracker if the last match they had is anything to go by.

As for the guest host, they now have no power, but will continue to appear. Vickie Guerrero is the new GM of RAW.

Again? and Again? and.... oh no!

I thought she resigned at the end of RAW? unsure.gif

If she is the GM of Raw then they are lucky there is no ratings battle anymore, that woman is more annoying than anyone else in wrestling and looks like a fat, tanned gail from corranation street!

p.s. ahead of the i quit match has john cena said "AH WEEL NAT KWIT!" and then fondled his millitary dog tags yet?

Edited by Kris Boyd

I could watch Batista/Cena and Rey/Punk over and over again to be honest. They don't have bad matches.

You also have Randy Orton vs. Edge, with Edge well and truly back to his heelish best, and they still haven't blown it with Orton.

I didn't realise Vickie had packed it in. Shame that. One of the few people in WWE who can get the level of heat that she does.

I could watch Batista/Cena and Rey/Punk over and over again to be honest. They don't have bad matches.

You also have Randy Orton vs. Edge, with Edge well and truly back to his heelish best, and they still haven't blown it with Orton.

I didn't realise Vickie had packed it in. Shame that. One of the few people in WWE who can get the level of heat that she does.

Wow, better not let Ruglonian Gypsy anywhere near this thread. At Mania him and his mates were taking hits everytime Batista fucked up a move and they got pretty done!

wXw Gorefest 2009

This is a wee German promotion. They put on a deathmatch tournament and this is it !

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Karsten Beck, Light-tube Match ( ** )

Drake Younger vs. Sami Callihan, Barbed Wire Hell Match ( **3/4 )

Adam Polak vs. Thumbtack Jack - Tour D'Europe Deathmatch ( * )

HATE vs. Andrew Patterson, Ultraviolent TLC and Thumbtacks Deathmatch ( *** )

Danny Havoc vs. Devon Moore, Thumbtack Kickpads and Light-tube Bundles Deathmatch ( ***1/2 )

Drake Younger vs. Thumbtack Jack vs. HATE vs. Danny Havoc - Log Cabin Elimination Deathmatch ( ***1/4 )

Lazio and Farmer Joe vs. Sternau and Markus Seemann ( *1/2 )

Drake Younger vs. Devon Moore ( ** )

Danny Havoc vs. Thumbtack Jack - No Ropes, Electrified Light Tubes, Caribbean Spiderwebs, Falls Count Anywhere Deathmatch ( **1/2 )

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Karsten Beck, Light-tube Match

I think the idea of this is the first person to meet the wrong end of the tube wins. It might not be though. I'll get back to you on that. Technical wrestling isn't exactly the best idea in such a match, but the wXw crowd love Sabre, so they'll be willing to put up with it. Okay, you can use the light-tube, but it's a pinfall match. They were pushing their luck here, having the match as long as it was in front of what must have been a blood thirsty crowd. Crappy final spot actually. Not a BAD match, but the wrong opener for this show. **

Drake Younger vs. Sami Callihan, Barbed Wire Hell Match

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about ! Can't help but feel these guys are capable of a better match than this in this sort of environment, but there's still lots to like here. Plenty of innovation, even if a couple of spots had an iffy landing which took the effect that they were looking for away. They might have been keeping stuff in the tank, which given the long flight and matches later on, was probably for the best. The effort was definately there so you can't complain TOO much. Also some quality bumps in the second half of the match, and a stunning ending. **3/4

Adam Polak vs. Thumbtack Jack, Tour D'Europe Deathmatch

Christ knows what this is going to be. There's a board with wee wooden stakes on it. That should lead to some major pain. Oh, it's different weapons for each country. This match isn't really very good. They just pass the time, use their new weapon once or twice and then just go on and do the same thing again. The ending was nice though, and an interesting little twist on the tournament idea of thinking. Some good bumps means I can't give it a DUD, but it wasn't good. *

HATE vs. Andrew Patterson, Ultraviolent TLC and Thumbtacks Deathmatch

Well, the stipulation is promising. This is just a glorious amount of fun. It starts with both guys hitting each other as hard as possible and it doesn't let up when the weapons come into the match. Patterson did a mountain of work while HATE did a mountain of bumping and taking vicious ultraviolent spots, which Patterson clearly wasn't as up for doing. Patterson takes one big bump at the end, but it was nothing you wouldn't find in yer average TLC Match. Ah well, I can live with this. Good fun. ***

Danny Havoc vs. Devon Moore, Thumbtack Kickpads and Light-tube Bundles Deathmatch

Oh man, this is some awesome shit right here. I love when the CZW mainstays come out and just unload on each other with light-tubes. They might have some of the worst hardcore wrestlers in the world, but they also have some of the best. They didn't waste time going to the big stuff. The Dragon Suplex with added tube was a real highlight, as were the Kawada Kicks with the tacks. Great fun. ***1/2

Drake Younger vs. Thumbtack Jack vs. HATE vs. Danny Havoc - Log Cabin Elimination Deathmatch

This match focuses more on being chaotic than anything else and to be fair to these four guys, they did that very very well. All four guys just busted ass big time with crowd brawling that was interesting (!) and and massive bumps, which included an insane final move. I wanted to see Jack vs. Younger in the final, but Jack vs. Havoc will do me fine. It's just as crazy. ***1/4

Lazio and Farmer Joe vs. Sternau and Markus Seemann

Surely a wrestler called Farmer Joe can't be any good. This is the calm down point of the evening, but those fans seem determined to get into the match. Crazy fuckers. The effort is there, but there isn't much good to be had here. Farmer Joe is over as hell. *1/2

Drake Younger © vs. Devon Moore - CZW Heavyweight Championship

This match was just basically your bog standard match between the two. They had a couple of big moves with chairs, a wee bit of flying and head dropping, but not too much from the two guys. Given their efforts earlier in the night you can forgive that. It's a fun wee match either way. **

Danny Havoc vs. Thumbtack Jack - No Ropes, Electrified Light Tubes, Caribbean Spiderwebs, Falls Count Anywhere Deathmatch

Umm ... yeah. This is the final. Usually finals for such tournaments over indulge in the blood, but both guys seemed aware that the crowd was dying out, so they didn't overstay their welcome and just delivered some big bumps and the right result to send the fans home happy. **1/2

OVERALL

As far as deathmatch tournaments go, this can't be far off one of the better ones out there. They put guys in there that know how to work a match, so fair play.

Edited by DomDom

I can't really be bothered sifting through all of the pages but has Syxx Pac been fired off of TNA? I know that the Dudley's put him through the table and there was a puddle of blood beside him, is that just a cover up for him being sacked?

I think he's finished yes. Eric Young became the 3rd member of The Band last week (not Lex Luger as I foolishly predicted :lol:). Ye know ye put 2 and 2 together sometimes and make 147.

Yeah I knew Eric had joined up. It's a shame, I'm a big fan of X-Pac from his D-X days really. I'm surprised that Scott "The Meth Addict" Hall still hasn't been sacked either, well surprised he hasn't fucked up really. I can't wait to watch last nights and see how Joe is coming along.

Yeah I knew Eric had joined up. It's a shame, I'm a big fan of X-Pac from his D-X days really. I'm surprised that Scott "The Meth Addict" Hall still hasn't been sacked either, well surprised he hasn't fucked up really. I can't wait to watch last nights and see how Joe is coming along.

I genuinely have no fucking idea what they are trying to do with Joe. Are thye putting him back in the X-Division or is he a main eventer or what?

Well he came in the other week and beat the shit outta Kazarian so it wouldn't surprise me if he's going into the X-division again, can't say I'm unhappy, if that's the case. It's losing it's goodness since Daniels, AJ and Joe left the division.

Well he came in the other week and beat the shit outta Kazarian so it wouldn't surprise me if he's going into the X-division again, can't say I'm unhappy, if that's the case. It's losing it's goodness since Daniels, AJ and Joe left the division.

Apparently Daniels will be back soon enough.

I want a Joe/AJ feud, with Flair with AJ and Taz with Joe.

Just got done watching tonight's Smackdown where Vickie introduces herself as the GM of RAW.......

Apparently Daniels will be back soon enough.

I want a Joe/AJ feud, with Flair with AJ and Taz with Joe.

That would be a good shout, need to wait until after AJ uses his rematch clause which I assume is happening at the next pay per view, is it Slammaversary?

edit: it's actually Sacrifice :oops

Edited by forehead7