The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

No. :(

The rosters are pure amazing for them games as well.

I'm willing to give credit to Smackdown : Here Comes the Pain actually. Easily the best of the Smackdown series. That being said, the first one had Paul Bearer punching my arse in backstage storylines which amused me slightly, and Gangrel's terrific face when being hit with The Rock's swinging DDT.

That game used to be in the fair that was down the road from me back in the day. Was good fun.

I still play No Mercy on my N64 now and again. If you've still got any systems from the PS2 downward you'll get a Fire Pro game from the internet nae bother. As good as the THQ/Jakks games are I defy anyone to say they're better than the Fire Pro games. In other words DomDom, I'M CALLIN' YOU OUT!

Yeah, I've seen the reviews and stuff and how realistic the game engine is. I'm gonna have to get an emulator for this heap of pish one day and get it.

On a 3D related note I remember I was against my wee cousin, and all of a sudden D-Von came down to help him and they hit 3D for the win.

Fuckers.

Its fake! - and crap!

yeah but you are an aberdeen fan, theres nothing to be proud of bashing wrastlin' and then going off and giving a sheep a few suplex combos you sick fiend! mad.gif

Mark McGhee jobs worse than Mark McHenry!

yeah but you are an aberdeen fan, theres nothing to be proud of bashing wrastlin' and then going off and giving a sheep a few suplex combos you sick fiend! mad.gif

Maybe a bit of Road Dogg Pump Handle action in there.

Yeah, I've seen the reviews and stuff and how realistic the game engine is. I'm gonna have to get an emulator for this heap of pish one day and get it.

On a 3D related note I remember I was against my wee cousin, and all of a sudden D-Von came down to help him and they hit 3D for the win.

Fuckers.

That was good of you to put your wee cousin over like that. I regularly job to my nephew these days.

iMPACT on soon, I've been looking forward to seeing what Dixie "El Grande Milf" Carter has to say on her "extreme invitation" I hope this isn't a one night stand kinda thing, they should run with having a more hardcore TNA with more creative control to the wrestlers, also they should be looking to sign Paul E.

I'm not wanting a new ECW in that respect, but I would like it if we had more of an Attitude feel, the way TNA is going is like WCW meets ECW, which may not turn out to be such a bad thing, I'd feel so much better if Bischoff were far far away from TNA though.

It could be the case that Bischoff and Hogan will be off after Bound for Glory, meaning that Heyman will be free to come in after that. Untill that, there might be a lot of treading water.

It could be the case that Bischoff and Hogan will be off after Bound for Glory, meaning that Heyman will be free to come in after that. Untill that, there might be a lot of treading water.

Hogans been living off the 80's for too long the guy knows nothing about how to run wrestling, TNA have brought him in soley for the fact he gives them great exposure and can attract more talent. TNA really need is a guy who knows how to run a company, Heyman is the right guy, Bischoff and Hogan are the wrong 2 (btw Dom have you seen AJ Styles comments from a couple of years ago saying "Hogan is a company wrecked, boy I'm glad he isn't coming here" laugh.gif

So far Hogans good points in TNA:

Bringing Flair in.

Bringing RVD in.

So far Hogans Bad Points in TNA:

bringing in the nasty boys

having brooke hogan at ringside for 2 months

bringing in bubba the c**t sponge

bringing in jimmy hart

the abyss ring power shit

the ramp to the ring

the top 10 contenders thing

He can f**k off and we can start seeing TNA going forward and not having this stupid face/heel changes in people each week, Beer Money and Abyss have had about 3 face to heel changes this year already. dry.gif

So far Hogans good points in TNA:

Bringing Flair in.

Bringing RVD in.

So far Hogans Bad Points in TNA:

bringing in the nasty boys

having brooke hogan at ringside for 2 months

bringing in bubba the c**t sponge

bringing in jimmy hart

the abyss ring power shit

the ramp to the ring

the top 10 contenders thing

He can f**k off and we can start seeing TNA going forward and not having this stupid face/heel changes in people each week, Beer Money and Abyss have had about 3 face to heel changes this year already. dry.gif

I don't mind either the ramp to the ring or top 10 contenders list. Why the f**k would Beer Money be anything apart from heel? I feel the same way about Abyss, I wouldn't ever have a "monster" character as a face. Doesn't make the most sense to me. Was Anderson in TNA before Hogan? If he was part of bringing him in then that's gotta be a pro for his regime.

With all the rumours saying that Hogan and Bischoff are done with TNA soon when their contracts are up. I wonder if they go, will all the others who joined at the same time - Flair, Hardy, RVD, OJ, Anderson etc - will all leave? As I imagine they all signed 1 year contracts as well. Of those 5 I think only RVD and Anderson would be missed.

I fear that unless TNA undergoes a complete overhaul they won't be around much longer. Esprecially due the fact they are getting less than 10,000 buys per PPV and also the massive roster they have, many of whom rarely get much TV time.

I wonder how much longer Panda Energy will be willing to prop up TNA financially? Would bringing Paul Heyman and giving him 100% creative control be the answer?

Pro Wrestling NOAH 10/07/2010

This is the first time I've watched a full NOAH show since the Destiny show back in 2004, but this show looks absolutely stacked, so I can't wait to see what they can do here.

Masao Inoue and Akira Taue vs. Shuhei Taniguchi and Atsushi Aoki ( **1/4 )

Akitoshi Saito, Mohammed Yone, Kentaro Shiga and Genba Hirayanagi vs. Bison Smith, Keith Walker, Taiji Ishimori and Ricky Marvin ( *** )

Kensuke Sasaki, Yoshinari Ogawa and Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Jun Akiyama, Takuma Sano and Makoto Hashi ( **3/4 )

Prince Devitt Jr. and Rysuke Taguchi vs. Eddie Edwards and KENTA ( ***3/4 )

Yukata Yoshie vs. Takeshi Morishima ( **1/2 )

Yoshinobu Kanemaru © vs. Naomichi Marufuji - GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship ( ****1/4 )

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Go Shiozaki ( **** )

Takashi Sugiura © vs. Yoshihiro Takayama - GHC Heavyweight Championship ( ****1/4 )

Shuhei Taniguchi and Atsushi Aoki vs. Masao Inoue and Akira Taue

OLD GUYS !!! Inoue and Taue have been around for about 25 years. Christ. Taniguchi is a pretty big guy ! It's amazing that after all of this time, Taue has incredibly skinny arms. Some nice humerous comedy from Taue early, which is nice to see. If yer getting on a bit, you need to branch out. Most guys don't realise that, but Taue clearly does. Inoue's kickout tactics are pretty funny too, as he grabs the nose in lieu of a proper kickout. AWESOME crawling tag from Inoue at one point in this one. All in all this was a good opener. Just enough action and fun to keep the fans interested while not doing too much. Was tempted to add 1/4* for the awesome tags from Taue and Inoue, but f**k it, I'll stick with this. **1/4

Akitoshi Saito, Mohammed Yone, Kentaro Shiga and Genba Hirayanagi vs. Bison Smith, Keith Walker, Taiji Ishimori and Ricky Marvin

This has enough talent to be considerably good, even if it's an undercard tag match. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE were to look at Walker at some point. He's a nasty looking fucker. Might have a wee bit too much of the ol' flab though. His tag partner, Bison Smith, is a charisma blackhole though, so he might just look good in comparison. I love Ishimori and Marvin. Yone has one of the best Leg Drops going, while Saito's name will always sadly be infamous because he was the one that threw the Suplex that killed Misawa. Bison Smith KILLS poor Genba with an Avalanche over the railing to a seat. This match was great fun for the most part, mostly thanks to the awesome Genba Hirayanagi who I NEED to see more of now. ***

Kensuke Sasaki, Yoshinari Ogawa and Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Jun Akiyama, Takuma Sano and Makoto Hashi

This is probably a setup match for an Akiyama/Sasaki match down the line. Nakajima is a truly magnificent up and comer, and had the fued of 2009 with KENTA probably, with two of their matches being genuine crackers. The first probably up there with Taker/HBK as a late contender for match of the decade. The beating that Nakajima takes from Akiyama at one point is certainly worthy of note. I'd love to see those two guys have a match if I didn't know Akiyama would just no-sell everything that Nakajima did. This match was largely uninteresting untill a good final stretch and at least they did the job of getting Nakajima over as a hard mofo. **3/4

Prince Devitt Jr. and Rysuke Taguchi vs. Eddie Edwards and KENTA

This should be absolutely terrific with a hot as fuck crowd thanks to it being promotion v promotion with NOAH v NJPW. I love Devitt thanks to his day as an SWA wrestler back in 2004. He was crazy back then and he's even more crazy now. The NJPW team draw the irritation of the crowd with constant Arm Ringers. :lol: Get 'em telt Devitt ! The match is really awkward for the first few minutes, but they then find their flow with each other. This was an awesome finishing stretch away from being something really amazing, but I think they might be setting up for some future shit with that sort of match, so fair enough. This delivered though, as you would expect. ***3/4

Yutaka Yoshie vs. Takeshi Morishima

This is a battle of two big fat fatties. Fat Yoshie is representing NJPW but the audience doesn't seem to care about that. Come to think of it, the audience has been out of it for the majority of this show. I don't think it helped that they were expecting something of a tag team classic from the last match and got a trunciated version instead. Seeing a man of Morishima's size do a Suicide Dive is a pretty amazing thing. I want to see the wee podgy Yoshie do one a lot more though. The audience were just not buying into Yoshie at all and it hurt the match quite badly. I also don't understand why this match got so much time because it was clear from almost the first couple of minutes that they weren't up for it. Fo' shame lads. It's decent enough and has lots of fun action. **1/2

Yoshinobu Kanemaru © vs. Naomichi Marufuji - GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship

I don't think many people would have suspected that Marufuji would still be battling for the junior title. Kanemaru was a pioneer of the junior tag team wrestling in Pro Wrestling NOAH and had some crackers for the GHC Jr. Title as well. That was six years ago. Six years later and he goes and has another golden match, this time with someone who should have been long gone from the division. They work a real epic match here with some major stuff going on through the match and really tight psychology which is nice to see from a Puro match as those things leave themselves open to too much no-selling. I love how they gave Kanemaru a really decisive victory here as it sets him up as a super champ. Marufuji continues to put guys over for the jr. titles of Japan. ****1/4

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Go Shiozaki

This is a battle of the new aces of each promotion which makes this one of the most intriguing matches in recent Puro history. This is a physical war of a match which is two sided and both guys just go all out and try and beat the shit out of the other. Not quite on the level of the previous match and going on so soon after it just highlighted the weakness of this match that little bit more which was a shame. They just didn't seem into it early on and the selling of Shiozaki's knee was just so half baked that even though it was consistant, you just didn't buy into him being hurt and he was only waiting for the next shot to unload. ****

Takashi Sugiura © vs. Yoshihiro Takayama - GHC Heavyweight Championship

Takayama is an absolute beast of a man. Huge in height and hits like a mofo. Sugiura can take unreal punishment though and can hit hard for a little guy. The main story of this match is Takayama's desperation to win the GHC title. He is willing to do absolutely anything and everything short of murdering Sugiura to win that belt. See what I was saying about Sugiura taking punishment ? He does so here, possibly more than he has EVER taken in one match, but as he always does, he sucks it up and just keeps coming back which can be quite un-nerving if your name is Takayama. The final stretch is the real masterpiece though, when Takyama seemingly punches himself out and Sugiura finds that second wind and manages to keep the much bigger man down. Terrific main event. ****1/4

This is a smashing top to bottom card here. Everything fits it's cause perfectly and those last three matches are just a terrific cap off.