The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Luna Vachon has died aged 48.

She was a brilliantly placed manager at the time in WWE when she first came in.

This is quite strange, I was actually just watching this video of her and Goldust ("The artist formerly known as Goldust"laugh.gif )when I read this. Sad news, she was a brilliant heel character.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Also, watching this video, how the f**k did Dustin Rhodes do it? He put himself through some hell and embarrasment over the years, I actually feel sorry for him here!

Edited by Big River

This is quite strange, I was actually just watching this video of her and Goldust ("The artist formerly known as Goldust"laugh.gif )when I read this. Sad news, she was a brilliant heel character.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Also, watching this video, how the f**k did Dustin Rhodes do it? He put himself through some hell and embarrasment over the years, I actually feel sorry for him here!

From what I've heard from shoot interviews it's always difficult for the son of a successful wrestler to be accepted by his fellow pros. They tend to feel that they have to work twice as hard as others to prove that they aren't being booked because of their lineage.

Sad news, once again another ex-wrestler dies under the age of 50.

Give it another decade and this will be more dangerous an occupation than those crab trawlermen.

Edit: Why was serena released? Is Punk going to go it alone again?

Edited by Kris Boyd

Sad news, once again another ex-wrestler dies under the age of 50.

Give it another decade and this will be more dangerous an occupation than those crab trawlermen.

Edit: Why was serena released? Is Punk going to go it alone again?

Going out on the pish, allegedly.

But to fire someone because they took a drink, against their gimmick is a bit harsh.

The punishment certainly didn't fit the crime, that's for sure, but hey, if it helps to teach people not to go so far out of character away from the ring then I'm all for it.

The punishment certainly didn't fit the crime, that's for sure, but hey, if it helps to teach people not to go so far out of character away from the ring then I'm all for it.

Can't agree I'm afraid, does it mean that Goldust has to wear women's clothing outwith his wrestling? Or for the Miz or Alex Rilley have to be complete assholes outside the ring?

That's one of the reasons I prefer TNA to WWE, they aren't strict on the kayfabe thing. I don't think it's necessary, maybe it was when wrestling wasn't popular and it was a way of promoting it without using outside advertising but now, I don't think it's required.

Can't agree I'm afraid, does it mean that Goldust has to wear women's clothing outwith his wrestling? Or for the Miz or Alex Rilley have to be complete assholes outside the ring?

That's one of the reasons I prefer TNA to WWE, they aren't strict on the kayfabe thing. I don't think it's necessary, maybe it was when wrestling wasn't popular and it was a way of promoting it without using outside advertising but now, I don't think it's required.

Sorry to be pedantic but wrestling has always been popular.

In addition now, I'd say it's MORE important now with the internet saying what goes on backstage and at signings and such things that promotions to much more to protect the characters of the guys.

It wasn't as important before because you had no idea what went on.

I'm hoping that they don't f**k the EV2.0 thing. Obviously they need to keep them strong, so wins for them next week will certainly be the most sensible thing, but they should purely be there to help get the original TNA faces over. If they can do that over time, job done.

I'm hoping they make AJ the first person to make Tommy quit in their match. Can see Dreamer putting him over big time tbh... ridiculous, of course, that I believe the company's only grand-slam champion and someone who should be star of the show needs put over by a career jobber to the stars, but that is TNA for you.

Edited by RB-Scotland

Sorry to be pedantic but wrestling has always been popular.

I was thinking of when the Sandman was "blind" and he didn't answer the door or even leave his house for ages, while promoting ECW.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

As for Impact, Beer Money destroying the FBI could be a sign of what's gonna happen to the EV2.0, it all depends how long they are gonna stick around, if it's only till Bound for Glory then Fourtune will crush them, probably. If they are planning on keeping them around then it'll be a narrow defeat for the extremists.

Interested to see how RVD's story is gonna go. Obviously Angle will win the title at Bound for Glory, I wonder if he asked for the time off. I hope they bury the Nash, Sting and Jarrett story quickly. Maybe with a losers get fired handicap match with Nash and Sting fucking off at the end of it, that would be ideal for me at least.

As for Impact, Beer Money destroying the FBI could be a sign of what's gonna happen to the EV2.0, it all depends how long they are gonna stick around, if it's only till Bound for Glory then Fourtune will crush them, probably. If they are planning on keeping them around then it'll be a narrow defeat for the extremists.

If EV2.0 are sticking around, then losing does the fued no good whatsoever. Surely the end result will be the TNA original guys coming out on top, so having them start on top isn't exactly the way to go. They need to book the EV2.0 guys strongly. If they ARE just for the short term, then while it may be entertaining, it's still yet another meaningless fued in among the rest.

I was thinking of when the Sandman was "blind" and he didn't answer the door or even leave his house for ages, while promoting ECW.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Interested to see how RVD's story is gonna go. Obviously Angle will win the title at Bound for Glory, I wonder if he asked for the time off. I hope they bury the Nash, Sting and Jarrett story quickly. Maybe with a losers get fired handicap match with Nash and Sting fucking off at the end of it, that would be ideal for me at least.

Ah yes, a fine angle that was.

I don't get what it has to do with the popularity of wrestling though? Wrestling has never been unpopular.

It's true that wrestling has never been unpopular. Might have had dips in popularity but even before the boom in the 80s, wrestling was hugely popular. WWE's lowest point seen them selling out arenas. And that was a very low point.