The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

So who's going to buying this then?

post-12228-12888217385352_thumb.jpg

I'll be getting it, that's for sure.

Not seen all of RAW yet from Monday night but...

Firstly, there was far too much of R bleedin' Truth. Secondly, we saw the most 'random' and unexpected cameo from Lita. Finally, I really liked the McMahon sketch (featuring Prinze Jr and Stephanie).

Edited by The Naitch

I'll be getting it, that's for sure.

Not seen all of RAW yet from Monday night but...

Firstly, there was far too much of R bleedin' Truth. Secondly, we saw the most 'random' and unexpected cameo from Lita. Finally, I really liked the McMahon sketch (featuring Prinze Jr and Stephanie).

I didn't see Raw but I read about the Stephanie thing. Not sure I understood, but was it some kind of dream? And if so what was the point of it?

Nash has to be my guilty pleasure in wrestling. He is far from the best in the ring or on the mic yet for some unknown reason is great.

With him being a free agent and close to Vince, i would either like:

1. a surprise rumble entrance

2. him being revealed as GM

or

3. Hall of fame next year with the living legend Scott Hall

I will be buying Dustin's book along with Jericho's and what promises to be the biggest ego trip of a book ever: Bruce Hart

Nash has to be my guilty pleasure in wrestling. He is far from the best in the ring or on the mic yet for some unknown reason is great.

With him being a free agent and close to Vince, i would either like:

1. a surprise rumble entrance

2. him being revealed as GM

or

3. Hall of fame next year with the living legend Scott Hall

I will be buying Dustin's book along with Jericho's and what promises to be the biggest ego trip of a book ever: Bruce Hart

Nash is great on the mic!

And a Bruce Hart book?! Deary, deary me! That promises to be hilarious.

I didn't see Raw but I read about the Stephanie thing. Not sure I understood, but was it some kind of dream? And if so what was the point of it?

It was primarily just poking fun at the mid term elections that were taking the next day with Vinny eventually proclaiming that if Linda can run for Senate he can run for the Presidency. Cue Stephanie waking up in a cold sweat asking Hunter if her Dad was still in a coma.

Nash is great on the mic!

And a Bruce Hart book?! Deary, deary me! That promises to be hilarious.

Certainly. This is the man who thinks he is the greatest man in the wrestling industry. The best in ring performer in the Hart family, just not given the chance to show it. I can imagine another Hart family meltdown when its released.

So who's going to buying this then?

post-12228-12888217385352_thumb.jpg

Is that a book or dvd?

Was looking through the WWE Hall of Fame. William Shatner inducted Jerry Lawler, Sylvester Stallone inducted Hulk Hogan. Bit weird.

Not really. Shatner and Lawler are really good friends and Hogan and Stallone are good pals back from doing the Rocky movie together.

Not really. Shatner and Lawler are really good friends and Hogan and Stallone are good pals back from doing the Rocky movie together.

I just didn't see the point. Thought that the inductee was supposed to be someone who this person had affected by being in the Wrestling industry.

I thought Shatner hated Lawler and vice versa? I read that Lawler had no option on who inducted him, and Shatner was chosen because of their crap angle on Raw circa 95 (it's on the Raw 15th anniversary DVD).

It might be to do with WWE trying to get more mainstream exposure and acceptance. Who knows? Anyway, going by the Lawler and Hogan inductions, will The Rock be inducted by Sean William Scott, HHH by Wesley Snipes, John Cena by Danny Glover and Undertaker by the Doc from Back To The Future (who's name I can't remember right now)?

Edited by DA Baracus

And you haven't seen a single second of Miz/Bryan/Cole!

I'll need to watch that match at some point. And I did mean BFG, apologies.

TV-14 doesn't necessarily mean it'll be better. The only thing they needed was the Nexus busting people open IMO.

You said "by far" which suggests it has been totally uncontested, but there hasn't been that much praise on here to suggest it is fued of the year.

I just didn't see the point. Thought that the inductee was supposed to be someone who this person had affected by being in the Wrestling industry.

The Hall of Fame stand out moment is when Hogan is inducting Okerlund and Austin is there, either being inducted or inducting Bret Hart and there is a ton of tension between the two. Hogan's facial expression doesn't change one bit when Austin takes a jab at him.

I thought Shatner hated Lawler and vice versa? I read that Lawler had no option on who inducted him, and Shatner was chosen because of their crap angle on Raw circa 95 (it's on the Raw 15th anniversary DVD).

It might be to do with WWE trying to get more mainstream exposure and acceptance. Who knows? Anyway, going by the Lawler and Hogan inductions, will The Rock be inducted by Sean William Scott, HHH by Wesley Snipes, John Cena by Danny Glover and Undertaker by the Doc from Back To The Future (who's name I can't remember right now)?

Emmet Brown is played by Christopher Lloyd

He's too old for that shit.

As much as I enjoyed Cole/Bryan/Miz, I can't understand it being "by far" the fued of the year, when it isn't even the best WWE fued of the year.

My fued of the year is Kevin Steen vs. El Generico from ROH, with Wade vs. Cena being in a close second. Anderson/Angle, HBK/Taker and Cole/Miz/Bryan have all been good.

ICW has had a belting fued with Kid Fite taking on his trainees, but seeing that fued live has made me a little biased and more emotionally involved so unfair to compare.

My fued of the year is Kevin Steen vs. El Generico from ROH, with Wade vs. Cena being in a close second. Anderson/Angle, HBK/Taker and Cole/Miz/Bryan have all been good.

ICW has had a belting fued with Kid Fite taking on his trainees, but seeing that fued live has made me a little biased and more emotionally involved so unfair to compare.

That very well could be fued of the year, by the end of the year.

I dont think Lawler and Shatner are that close. Obviously they have worked together in the past so that went towards Shatner being selected.

FWIW Lawler wanted the long time Memphis wrestling commentator to induct him. Vince denied him, as noone outwith the Memphis region would know who the guy was