The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

The Chavo and Morrison spots were probably my favourite two moments in it. If I hadn't read the spoilers I reckon Booker and Nash would've beaten that.

Even though I knew he would be there I still marked big time for Booker's brief appearance.

I still never fail to think Regal is gona win something big :ph34r:.

The whole Booker T thing was a bit embarassing as the entire Nexus stopped and watched as he booted f**k out of them one at a time. Everyones face when Big Daddy Cool came out was priceless.

The Nexus were just stunned that the five time, five time, five time WCW Champ was in the building! :P

It was nice to see Regal get in on the action as well.

Alberto is a fine wrestler and is entertaining, that's why it's great.

You could tell from his debut on Smackdown against Mysterio that he was destined for glory.

Del Rio v Edge v Christian at Wrestlemania for the World Title. -_-

Totally agree.

On my wrestling site I have that match down for WM. Edge using the unprettier a clue?

Although I would possibly prefer Christian making a surprise return as the final MITB entrant(if they have it at mania) winning the briefcase and then cashing in that night after the Edge vs Del Rio match, Del Rio wins the title and then Christian cashes in to win the World Title.

Although knowing Vince lack in Christian that is very unlikely and possible Christian could be the first to cash in and not win the title. sad.gif

Del Rio's in ring stuff is pretty good, but regardless, it's all about his gimick - the character is awesome. Love the smarmy, cheesy grinned, in your face, interrupting. The car horns, the catch phrase - it all just works in my book.

Spot on.

As for the Royal Rumble PPV the first match was excellent and nothing lived up to near that standard. Rumble bored me at spells with the whole Nexus and Hornswoggle parts. There was a real lack of major surprises this season, no HHH, Christian or Kong. mad.gif

At-least Del Rio won. cool.gif

The Miz © v John Cena

Edge © v Alberto Del Rio v Christian

Undertaker v Wade Barrett

Randy Orton v CM Punk

Triple H v Sheamus

Nash v Big show

MINTB Jack Swagger v Dolph Ziggler v Kofi Kingston v Kane v R-Truth v Daniel Bryan v John Morrison v Evan Bourne

Cody Rhodes v Rey Mysterio

Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov© v The Nexus v The Core

Eve© v Natalya v Kong v Michelle McCool

Edited by Djayict

Alex Riley was eliminated early from the Rumble match last night. That is why the commentary team started to ask where he went during the match. This was said to have been a major mistake on Riley’s part.

Re-watched.

Really enjoyed it.

Edge - Ziggler, great matched. Ziggler's awesome. Crowd were well up for it. Ziggler should have taken it.

Miz - Orton. Not bad, but way outshined by the match before. Unexpected Nexus interference. Liked that. Riley's leap was awesome.

Women's - 4 way - yes Kong. Eve. Whit. Eve won. Whit. Possibilities - all wasted.

The Rumble - loved it. False start was great - Nexus vs Corre. Chavo's amigos spot was awesome. Who'd have thought i'd mark for a Chavo moment. Big cheer when he finally completed the move. Morrison's got some pop. Not a fan but his spot was pretty cool. Could have easily fucked it up but he hung on and fair play for nailing it. The Nexus gauntlet was great. Punk laughing all through it showed his craziness and shouting whats up after nailing R-Truth. Funny. R-Truth punted quick - good. Booker T over like crazy. Mark Mark Mark. Enjoyed the Hornswoggle bit up until the gratuitous cena love in with the you cant see me's and the 5 knuckle shuffles. Hornswoggle's head scissors and AA on Tyson Kidd was funny and sitting on the ropes and his stunner on Heath Slater. Diesel over like crazy. Mark Mark Mark. The crowd wanted more. Loved the Diesel Diesel chants after he was eliminated. Miz chucking out Cena - awesome. Cena aint winning and the Miz did it. Great stuff. The Santino finish was good. Thought they were gonna do it for a second but glad they didn't. Del Rio winning - Del Rio's awesome. A lot of good points.

Negatives - Nexus dominance was great but didn't last long enough and Punk eliminated too early. Why did nobody coming down wait for the 90 seconds for a potential reinforcement before entering against the Nexus?.Build up of Nexus vs Corre and the false start, then no overlap during the rumble. Poor. Booker T over like crazy but punted way too quickly. Cena eliminating all of Nexus - yawn. No HHH. No Ultimate Warrior - i was so ready to mark like absolute mental after someone put that as a spolier. Didn't expect it, but so so wanted it. 6 mystery spots plus Primo, David Hart Smith, Cody Rhodes and Darren Young out making 10 mystery spots. Only 2 surprise guests. Khali, Hornswoggle, Ziggler, Orton, Reks, Alex Riley etc not that exciting.

All in all - pretty good show. It was a rumble after all.

Alex Riley was eliminated early from the Rumble match last night. That is why the commentary team started to ask where he went during the match. This was said to have been a major mistake on Riley's part.

Watching the Rumble and as Del Rio celebrated I thought "hold on....Rileys no been eliminated." I can't remember him being thrown out. Then I saw some movement thinking it was him, it turned out to be Santino.

I've been reading wrestling inc and there's a few things I think are worthy posting.

HHH didn't want his return to be overshadowed by Booker or Nash.

Flair's TNA future is in doubt, because of the Ireland incident, he's not at the tapings this week, neither is Sting or Lashley.

Awesome Kong was there last night, but not used. Backstage tonight as well.

Booker has signed a long term contract, Nash a short term deal. Booker told TNA he wasn't signing with them whereas Nash didn't. He also made a few digs at him via twitter.

Nine additional slots were opened as a result (there were six open slots before the pay-per-view). The slots were filled by Kevin Nash (referred to as Diesel), Booker T, Alex Riley, Chavo Guerrero, Dolph Ziggler, Hornswoggle, Randy Orton, The Great Khali and Tyler Reks. (Just for those who are too lazy to work it out)

ETA, just watched the part of the Rumble again, skipped to when Riley came in to see what happened. Cena and Kingston have him at the corner, on the top of the turnbuckle(top right as the camera looks for the majority of the match) and just after Big Show throws Ziggler out, right infront of Kingston and Cena, they (Cena and Kingston) manage to turn Riley over the rope, looks like he tries to land on the apron but botches it, falls on his back with his legs and arms in the air, and Kingston and Cena look down at him and then exchange some words. Yeah total botch.

Edited by forehead7

There's going to be a Raw Rumble match tonight, 7 people and the winner goes onto to face The Miz at Elimination Chamber and the other six are in the actual elimination chamber match itself.The participants are Orton, Sheamus, John Morrison, CM Punk, Cena and wait for it..Lawler and R-Truth. Seriously, what. the. f**k. Nash and Booker must be onto SD because there's no way they wouldn't be involved it that match.

Can't believe Truth is in it and Bryan isn't.

Another match that the nexus is made to look weak in, getting beaten, repeatedly, by Santino and Koslov.

That punch from Lawler to Di Biase looked sore as hell. Cole going mental at Lawler was hilarious.

Edited by forehead7