The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

He'll know that there is plenty of money to be made in the indies and Japan. Certainly a lot more that he'll be earning currently. I can't see him hanging around in a non-wrestling role.

True, and for what it's worth, I imagine that will be the route he ends up going down, but I'm more meaning that if they offered him that and he said no, then they would communicate that rather than making it seem like they just got bored and released him.

Only way I could see him being more happy with a non-wrestling role is if he comes to the realisation that he is genuinely going to destroy himself if he keeps going. No interview points to that of course, but it would certainly make a non-competing role seem more attractive.

Would love Kurt to go to NXT as a trainer. It would have been tremendous if he could have come back when Rusev was US Champion. That would have been a monster pop.

I'm about 4 weeks late with this post but Angle would've been better than ADR when Cena did his open challenge as the US Champ. Wouldve been a great pop and nice nod to one of Cena's breakout moments.

I'm about 4 weeks late with this post but Angle would've been better than ADR when Cena did his open challenge as the US Champ. Wouldve been a great pop and nice nod to one of Cena's breakout moments.

I'm sure that wwe agree that it would have made sense, but there's no way they risk Angle finally paralysing himself on their show

I'm sure that wwe agree that it would have made sense, but there's no way they risk Angle finally paralysing himself on their show

Awww I thought we were just fantasy booking, I didn't realise we were getting down to specifics.

Technically WWE (and every wrestling company) are risking someone getting paralysed every time they enter the ring. Didn't stop them pushing Austin to the moon after he had to have his neck fusioned.

Awww I thought we were just fantasy booking, I didn't realise we were getting down to specifics.

Technically WWE (and every wrestling company) are risking someone getting paralysed every time they enter the ring. Didn't stop them pushing Austin to the moon after he had to have his neck fusioned.

Doesn't sound much like fantasy booking using terms like "would have been better.." Makes it sound like a viable alternative but whatever, semantics....

Yes technically that is so, but in this instance and in this era of lawsuits there is a very specific (since we are "getting down to specifics"!) reason why Kurt Angle isn't back in a www ring in 2015/16. No matter how much sense it makes.

Edited by Christophe

The difference is that with someone like Angle, the chances of it happening jump big time. To the point where the risk isn't worth it.

I'd quite like to see Angle in some kind of GM role due to his humour and intensity in differing situations.

Also, he could threaten to just ankle look anyone who goes against him without ever having to take a bump, similar to Austin/Sheriff/Stunner.

I do like Angle but my overall thought process is that WWE need to move away from old faces and create the new Angle/Austin so I'm always caught in two minds over stuff like this.