The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Destination X is a minor PPV so they decided to make it an X Division showcase. I don't really have an issue with that. Lockdown is apparently a major, so they'll be keeping the PPV debut of RVD for that. One of the more sensible things they have done recently.

But no - Van Dam is saying he was meant to be there but just wasn't listening when they said there's a PPV. :lol:

And apparently Taz and Team 3D have been speaking to Dixie and Russo about bringing in Tommy Dreamer, Paul Heyman and Sabu to form an ECW stable(which could also incorporate some X-Division guys they feel 'suit' ECW) that would feud with the Wolfpac.

John Cena vs Triple H - WrestleMania 22

Mick Foley vs Edge - WrestleMania 22

Shawn Michaels vs Steve Austin - WrestleMania 14

Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart - WrestleMania 12

Edge & Christian vs The Dudley Boyz vs The Hardy Boyz - WrestleMania 17

Steve Austin vs Bret Hart - WrestleMania 13

Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit - WrestleMania 20

John Cena vs Triple H - WrestleMania 22

Mick Foley vs Edge - WrestleMania 22

Shawn Michaels vs Steve Austin - WrestleMania 14

Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart - WrestleMania 12

Edge & Christian vs The Dudley Boyz vs The Hardy Boyz - WrestleMania 17

Steve Austin vs Bret Hart - WrestleMania 13

Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit - WrestleMania 20

All fair shouts. HBK vs Austin is incredible considering Michael's back condition. How he took those bumps is beyond me.

I can't include Austin/HBK in good conscience because although it IS a sterling performance from HBK, it isn't really a classic match.

The true greats that I'd say happened at Wrestlemania were ...

Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage - WWE Wrestlemania III

Randy Savage vs. The Ultimate Warrior - WWE Wrestlemania VII

Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage - WWE Wrestlemania VIII

Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart - WWE Wrestlemania XII

Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart - WWE Wrestlemania 13

The Hardy Boys vs. The Dudley Boys vs. Edge and Christian, Ladder Match - WWE Wrestlemania 2000

Edge and Christian vs. The Dudley Boys vs. The Hardy Boys, TLC Match - WWE Wrestlemania X-7

The Rock vs. Steve Austin - WWE Wrestlemania X-7

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels - WWE Wrestlemania XIX

Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels - WWE Wrestlemania XX

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - WWE Wrestlemania 21

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels - WWE Wrestlemania 21

The Undertaker vs. Edge - WWE Wrestlemania XXIV

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels - WWE Wrestlemania XXV

Don't see any reason why this couldn't be in the main Wrestlemania thread to be honest.

My only reason for watching TNA is for Hall and Nash.

I should bring up Scott Hall here who didn't look out of place in his old Wolfpac gear. He seems to have the head screwed on big time so fair play to the man.

Ending to the PPV was hilarious.

There were actually some good matches on the card, especially the two main X Division showcase matches.

But no - Van Dam is saying he was meant to be there but just wasn't listening when they said there's a PPV.

:lol:

Right, I'll do my best to explain.

* Abyss Chokeslams AJ through the ring, making it a no-contest.

* Flair gets wheeled out to the ring on a wheelchair, Abyss drags him into the ring and kinda falls in.

* Hogan pepper sprays Flair. No shit.

* Desmond Wolfe heads for the ring and gets pure done in.

* Wolfe and Flair fall into the hole. In that order.

I hope I did it justice and I tried to keep it simple.

Right, I'll do my best to explain.

* Abyss Chokeslams AJ through the ring, making it a no-contest.

* Flair gets wheeled out to the ring on a wheelchair, Abyss drags him into the ring and kinda falls in.

* Hogan pepper sprays Flair. No shit.

* Desmond Wolfe heads for the ring and gets pure done in.

* Wolfe and Flair fall into the hole. In that order.

I hope I did it justice and I tried to keep it simple.

So this was a world title match between AJ and Abyss? Why was Flair in a wheelchair? Does Abyss fall into the hole? Who does in Wolfe? And how do Wolfe and Flair fall into the hole? It all sounds hilarious.

I didn't see the lead up so I'm not sure how Flair got into the wheelchair. It WAS a title match between AJ and Abyss. Abyss is the first one after AJ to end up in the hole, and he just kinda stumbles into it. His is probably the hardest to explain. Abyss and Hogan do in Wolfe. Wolfe falls in after his beating, and Flair falls in the same way. I didn't do it justice really, but since you called it hilarious, I guess I didn't do TOO badly.

Tremendous. So TNA can't have a world title match without having to totally shift the focus away from two of their original members/'homegrown talent' to Hogan and Flair. It seems everything HAS to be about them.

I didn't see the lead up so I'm not sure how Flair got into the wheelchair. It WAS a title match between AJ and Abyss. Abyss is the first one after AJ to end up in the hole, and he just kinda stumbles into it. His is probably the hardest to explain. Abyss and Hogan do in Wolfe. Wolfe falls in after his beating, and Flair falls in the same way. I didn't do it justice really, but since you called it hilarious, I guess I didn't do TOO badly.

Flair was chokeslammed through the ramp on the previous Impact which is why he was in a wheelchair.

Flair was chokeslammed through the ramp on the previous Impact which is why he was in a wheelchair.

Ah right. Cheers.

I actually quite liked Flair's wheelchair antics. He seemed to be having a right laugh.

Maybe that's why I don't watch TNA? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

That's better than WWE, is it?

I take it you didn't watch the opening match between Daniels, Kaz, Red and Kendrick? Didn't think so....

Then you can come back and rephrase your statement.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

I take it you didn't watch the opening match between Daniels, Kaz, Red and Kendrick? Didn't think so....

Then you can come back and rephrase your statement.

Not only that. Ultimate X and Anderson/Angle.

Although I reckon the MCMG and Generation ME would have been better served in a normal match and they could have had the Ultimate X between the 4 aformentioned guys.

Anyone else noticed that the Warrior has been added to the opening tribute video on Raw this week of the past and present supersstars? I find this a bit strange if the rumours are to be believed that he knocked back a Hall of Fame slot for this year ceremony.

Anyone else noticed that the Warrior has been added to the opening tribute video on Raw this week of the past and present supersstars? I find this a bit strange if the rumours are to be believed that he knocked back a Hall of Fame slot for this year ceremony.

So do I but what other legends could they put in if Hogan, Flair, Hardy, Van Dam and Angle are all in TNA.

Benoit?mad.gifph34r.gif

This is a special PBP because I really needed to see this match. Has anyone seen the first ladder war ? It was incredible. Now, Eddie Edwards comes into this match with an injury, so he can't exactly be 100% taking massive bumps, but Steen and Generico are always willing to die for the cause.

ROH The Final Countdown Tour

Ladder War

ROH Tag Team Championships

The American Wolves ( Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards ) vs. El Generico and Kevin Steen

They already have the mammoth ladder from the previous one that they brought out as a surprise. Edwards has his arm HEAVILY taped. I should point out that this is NOT a fake injury. It's 100% real. Lets hope for some madness from this. The fans chant for Eddie Edwards as they appreciate the risks he's taking here. Everyone goes at it fast and furious and we have ourselves a war ladies and gents ! Richards into the railing. Edwards and Steen exchange strikes. Steen then shoves his thumbs into the eye of Eddie and then bites the nose. That's just brutal. Generico with a Suplex on Richards. Steen then rips at the face and Generico comes over and helps his buddy. Back into the ring they go. Punches and kicks from Steen and Generico to Eddie, and they kick Richards out. Eddie with his good arm goes to work on the challengers. That doesn't last long. Running Back Elbow from Steen. Generico chases Shane and then brings a small ladder out from under the ring. Well, it's normal sized but it's smaller than the big mammoth one. Steen gets one similar. Richards with a ladder to the ribs of Eddie. Running ladder shot to the ribs and Steen bridges the railing and the apron with a ladder. Steen and Generico throw a ladder at Eddie and then Generico does it on his own. Running ladder shot on Richards and the fans are slowly but surely getting into this. Steen sets the ladder and begins the climb for the gold. The Wolves come into the ring and they stop that from taking place. Steen fights both men off for a while but the numbers game takes over. Eddie then chokes Steen with the boot in the corner. Eddie is sent into the railing. BACK DROP SUPLEX ON THE LADDER FROM STEEN TO RICHARDS !!! Generico sets the ladder and up they head. The Wolves take Generico down with a chair. Right hand from Steen and then to the floor they go. Eddie into the ropes. Drop Toe Hold. SOMERSAULT LEG DROP ONTO THE LADDER ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD OF EDWARDS !!! The fans liked that one. Hell, so did I ! Generico sets the ladder against the ropes. Generico and Steen head for the floor to get the Wolves. Richards and Generico into the ring. Ladder to the head of Richards. Steen gets sent into the railing. DOUBLE BACK BODY DROP SENDS GENERICO INTO THE LADDER !!! Richards with stomping on Steen in the corner. Richards then asks for handcuffs. Richards then handcuffs Kevin Steen. Richards works over Steen in the corner. Ladder to the midsection and Steen can't do anything about that. Shane Hagadorn brings out a table for the Wolves to use. He sends it into the ring and Richards takes it and sets it up against the second buckle. Generico back into the ring with a High Cross Body on Richards and he's a house on fire. Forearm from Generico. ONE MAN ALARM CLOCK FROM RICHARDS !!! SUPERKICK/GERMAN SUPLEX COMBO FROM THE WOLVES SENDS GENERICO THROUGH THE TABLE !!! HOLY SHIT !!! Steen is still handcuffed and he spits at the Wolves. Richards now has a chain and wraps it around his foot. Oh shit. KAWADA KICKS WITH THE CHAIN AROUND THE FOOT !!! :o Richards then chokes Steen with the chain and Eddie kicks Steen in the face and Richards then taunts the audience. Steen with kicks to Richards. Spin Kick from Richards. Low blow on Richards and Eddie now has a ladder set and he's going for the gold. Steen uses his body to send down the ladder. YAKUZA KICK FROM GENERICO TO BOTH MEMBERS OF THE WOLVES !!! Generico chases Hagadorn for the keys to the handcuffs. He has the key and the fans are pleased with that. Steen is free from the handcuffs ! Steen and Generico decide to head under the ring and grab some tables. Generico sends his table into the ring. Where in the name of christ is Steen going ? Oh, he has a table. Steen sends HIS table into the ring too. Generico has a ladder set in the corner. Steen has his set up properly NEAR the corner. The ladder is then set between the two tables. CHAIR TO THE HEAD OF EDDIE FROM GENERICO !!! Steen sets a table up on top of a ladder. WHIT ?!?! MICHINOKU DRIVER ON RICHARDS FROM GENERICO !!! SKY HIGH ON THE LADDER FROM STEEN TO EDDIE !!! FOR f**k SAKE !!! The Wolves get set on tables and the challengers climb and push them off of the ladder and the fans didn't like that one bit. Richards sets the ladder again and Steen hits him with a chair. Steen to the apron and Richards is with him. TORNADO DDT OFF OF THE SECOND ROPE THROUGH THE TABLE ON THE FLOOR !!! WHOA !!! Generico is now heading for the gold. Generico is going for the gold and Richards climbs the other side. Richards is getting the advantage. SUNSET POWERBOMB OFF OF THE LADDER THROUGH THE FUCKING TABLE !!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!! :D :D :D That is fucking madness. Generico goes for the gold now and Eddie is up there with him. The fans want it one more time. Can't see it happening. He tries a Superplex. BACK BODY DROP OFF OF THE LADDER THROUGH A TABLE FROM EDDIE TO GENERICO !!! SUPERKICK SENDS A CHAIR INTO THE FACE OF STEEN !!! There's still a big spot to come. I don't wanna imagine what the hell they're gonna do with that table/ladder combo that's bridging the railing. The Wolves bring the mammoth ladder into the match. I forgot about that ! GENERICO WITH A SOMERSAULT LADDER UNDER THE FUCKING LADDER TO THE FLOOR ONTO SHANE AND EDDIE !!! WHOAS !!! Steen now sets the ladder and he's heading for the gold. I think the fans can see what's coming. STEEN CRASHES OFF OF THE LADDER THROUGH THE LADDER/TABLE COMBO ON THE FLOOR !!! Eddie is now setting the ladder and he's heading for the gold, and the fans are right behind him here. GENERICO INTO THE RING !!! HE'S CHASING !!! Generico stops him up there. THE HALF CRAB THROUGH THE RUNGS OF THE LADDER FROM EDDIE TO GENERICO !!! RICHARDS GETS THE GOLD !!!

You want to know why this match is named a ladder war ? Because it's fucking mental ! It's not like your average ladder match. It's all abour brutality and madness. You felt that these two teams wanted to do real damage to each other. You have to give credit to Eddie Edwards. He didn't do much, but what he did do was above and beyond the call of duty. Goes to show the sort of dedication it takes to do what these guys do. Steen and Generico, as always, took the biggest bumps and were willing to do anything and everything to get the match over. An absolutely tremendous match. ****1/2

Here it is.

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=HALOS7LF

I'm sure Hogan and Flair are still on it, or have I just been whoosed? :unsure:

They both got taken out of the vid, and I think it's Kofi Kingston who's in it now, along with Warrior.