The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

He's "banging on" about this

http://www.guardian....ll-perfect-game

wow, I had no idea what this was about, or indeed how rare it is for a pitcher in baseball to have a "perfect game" and joyce ruined it.

which in a way make the shiek rant funnier, to think of him running up onto the field, suplexing the umpire then breaking his back with the camel clutch and then fucking his ass to make him humble (in his words) anything sheik says is comedy cold nowadays, he really still hates hogans too.

what the FAK is sheiky baws banging on about now laugh.gif Fucking legend!

FAK your ass make you humble, now have a nice day and go Fak yourself

He's "banging on" about this

http://www.guardian....ll-perfect-game

Sheik's rage is entirely justified, then. :lol:

Edited by The Naitch

Has anyone bought any of the recent Smackdown vs Raw games or the tna game. I have a ps3 and am thinking 'bout getting a wrestling game. Any of 'em any good?

DO NOT go anywhere near TNA impact, the Smackdown games are quite decent though

I don't think it's been included since SVR 2007

The one before the first ps3 game :angry:

I used to love making all the old wrestlers, then making their stats awesome and picking them and absolutely raping the other brand.

Edited by forehead7

Looking through the Wikipedia for the games 2008 has this:

"The game allows several different game modes to be played, each with different goals and options. The Season and General Manager Modes of previous games have been merged into the new "WWE 24/7" mode, which takes its name from WWE's video on demand service. Players can choose to play one of the game's included superstars or create a superstar, or as a general manager of one of the brand." Sounds pretty close.

Just when you think TNA can't get much worse they're putting on a special show for the ECW losers. :lol:

That promo was pandering of the highest order and there was some bullshit which was quite amusing, espcially the fake tears from Dreamer stating that he hated the WWE so much, so that's why he stuck around for so long and got a title run eh? :rolleyes:

Anyway onto the proper wrestling show that is Smackdown...

I'm interested in how they'll build up Kane vs Mysterio in the coming weeks, while i'm happy to see that Ziggler is likely to get another shot at the Intercontinental Title, i'm sure the match between him and Kofi will be of a decent standard.

Additionally, it looks like they're going to go down the road with a future Christian vs Matt Hardy fued while Big Show vs CM Punk will most likely happen when Punk is cleared to wrestle, it would be amazing if he could hit the GTS on Big Show.

I do wonder what they're going to do with Swagger, Rhodes and McIntyre though since there are no other credible faces on the show.

Impact is good if you want an infuriating challenge. I have no idea how long it took to beat Tomko and Styles. It took weeks though.

Tbh I think I may just buy SD vs Raw 2008 since it's got the manager mode, and it's only like 3 quid off of Play.

That promo was pandering of the highest order and there was some bullshit which was quite amusing, espcially the fake tears from Dreamer stating that he hated the WWE so much, so that's why he stuck around for so long and got a title run eh?

Tommy Dreamer is an absolute master of that.

Smackdown actually had three cracking matches this week. Quite easy to see why that'd be seen as the proper wrestling of the week.

EDIT : Did that post just get deleted ? The one where Kris Boyd laughed at Par for calling Smackdown the proper wrestling ?

Edited by DomDom

EDIT : Did that post just get deleted ? The one where Kris Boyd laughed at Par for calling Smackdown the proper wrestling ?

It appears it did.

I cringed watching that Dreamer promo tonight. Especially the fake greetin. Thats 2 promos in 2 nights that I've cringed at after seeing Kanes last night...that fuckin dramatic background music is shite....I remember they used the same for Matt when he turned heel on Jeff at the RR.

Smackdown actually had three cracking matches this week. Quite easy to see why that'd be seen as the proper wrestling of the week.

I couldn't find his post where he was making fun of the music behind Kane's opening speech. Smackdown has been getting better each week.

Just read that Sable gave birth, didn't know she was married to Lesnar.

Also Lance Storm can be added to the NOT appearing at Hardcore Justice list.

Jerry Lynn's website has confirmed he's gonna be facing RVD eventhough the Hardcore Justice site has not even confirmed he'll be there. But since him, Sabu and the Sandman are in the advert for it it seems likely.

Edited by forehead7

Lance Storm has said it would be hypocritical for him to appear and rightly so.

Anyone seen this Lucha Libre USA thing that's on MTV in the US ? I'm downloading it and hope to watch it soon. The last product on MTV, Wrestling Society X, I thought was an absolute joy. Not the most technically gifted stuff you'll see but hours PACKED with non-shit and guys just letting it all hang out in the ring.