Livingston - all the threads merged

Real bit of an anti-climax in the end. 

I headed into our social about half-five with the missus (who wanted to see us play a Scots team! :)) and we got chatting to a really nice couple from just outside Edinburgh who came over for the game. Great craic indeed, super also to see Livi fans enjoying themselves in our club. We were also joined by a St Mirren fan visiting family in NI, who took in the game in as well! Something new and really good for football here.

I was baffled as to the formation (one up front) and line-up we put out, 'resting' some of our better players, We were also very tame in our style of play, felt more like a friendly than a cup tie. Felt like we we treated the game like going in easy for a tackle so as not to get hurt then actually getting hurt. I understand the two players subbed at half-time are injured and Declan Caddell sustained a broken toe (would English Premiership players have played on for a half an hour with this injury?) If weren't giving the game our all, why enter the competition?

I wasn't too impressed either with the standard of Livi's play, few too many basic errors for my liking, the youngster Knox caught the eye and I thought your goalie was a liability. That must be the worst refereeing I've seen at Seaview in years and that is saying something! Our player gets fouled he plays the advantage to immediately blow for offside???, in injury time our keeper makes a one-on-one save and celebrates it and instead of a corner the ref gives a goal-kick. Shirley Bassey might have been a better choice to officiate at the game :unsure:

One of oul hands beside me said that the pipe band have played better than the Crues this evening!

Well best of luck to Livi for the rest of the tourney, I hope that yous go on and win it! Best wishes to for the rest of the season. I hope that yous enjoyed your trip over to Belfast. I'll look out for Livis results / league position from time to time. As for the experiment in inviting NI clubs, I hope that it happens again, maybe a trip over to Scotland will show us in a better light. Cheers guys .... :)

38 minutes ago, Crusader Knight said:

Real bit of an anti-climax in the end. 

I headed into our social about half-five with the missus (who wanted to see us play a Scots team! :)) and we got chatting to a really nice couple from just outside Edinburgh who came over for the game. Great craic indeed, super also to see Livi fans enjoying themselves in our club. We were also joined by a St Mirren fan visiting family in NI, who took in the game in as well! Something new and really good for football here.

I was baffled as to the formation (one up front) and line-up we put out, 'resting' some of our better players, We were also very tame in our style of play, felt more like a friendly than a cup tie. Felt like we we treated the game like going in easy for a tackle so as not to get hurt then actually getting hurt. I understand the two players subbed at half-time are injured and Declan Caddell sustained a broken toe (would English Premiership players have played on for a half an hour with this injury?) If weren't giving the game our all, why enter the competition?

I wasn't too impressed either with the standard of Livi's play, few too many basic errors for my liking, the youngster Knox caught the eye and I thought your goalie was a liability. That must be the worst refereeing I've seen at Seaview in years and that is saying something! Our player gets fouled he plays the advantage to immediately blow for offside???, in injury time our keeper makes a one-on-one save and celebrates it and instead of a corner the ref gives a goal-kick. Shirley Bassey might have been a better choice to officiate at the game :unsure:

One of oul hands beside me said that the pipe band have played better than the Crues this evening!

Well best of luck to Livi for the rest of the tourney, I hope that yous go on and win it! Best wishes to for the rest of the season. I hope that yous enjoyed your trip over to Belfast. I'll look out for Livis results / league position from time to time. As for the experiment in inviting NI clubs, I hope that it happens again, maybe a trip over to Scotland will show us in a better light. Cheers guys .... :)

Was an excellent weekend away, all Crues fans are a credit to your club, made us feel very welcome all over the city and especially in the club, some right good banter flying about. 

I'd have forgiven you for having a bit of a grump after the game with the way it finished but no, as we walked around the ground back to the club we got showered by well done's, best of luck and hand shakes, brilliant lads.

Obviously winning the way we did made the weekend all the better, but the game itself was poor for 70 minutes, but once we scored it was end to end, we hit on the break 3 or 4 times and instead of our players being greedy they could've passed the ball for an open goal, very frustrating, also at 1-0 we got a corner with 3, 4 minutes to play and instead of running down the clock we chipped a nothing ball to you and you went up and scored.

We also rested players btw, the two that came on and changed the game are regulars, Cadden set up the two goals and Mullin scored, and the keeper that played isn't the first choice, clearly he is getting played in this comp though, came from the juniors and is PT. Its amazing how you see the game differently from different perspectives, I though Knox was our poorest player, lightweight and didn't do much at all, I was screaming for the two formentioned players to come on.

Again thanks for such great hospitality, best of luck for the season and cup competitions you are in, maybe welcome you to the vale next season. 

Edited by andylivi1

Wasn't an anti climax for us.:lol:

Our goalie wasn't our first choice but thought he did well, got MoTM didn't he? Made some brave saves going into the post and taking a hit clearing the ball, and a fine save tipping it over the bar too. Couple of dodgy moments but on the whole he was good.

Thought your keeper should've been booked for the studs up challenge into Buchanan (I think), we were offside but it was still a dangerous challenge that could've seriously injured our player. We had a hand ball stonewaller of a penalty too which the ref ignored, stopped the ball going in the net as our shot was on target. Hoppy left out our two wing players for most of the game but when they eventually came on they turned the game, Mullin scored with his first touch and Cadden put in both crosses for our goals. Wouldn't have taken Byrne off either and kept Knox on, that was the area we conceded a goal from, holding midfield, for me Knox is too lightweight and young to be starting games, don't mind him coming on for a bit of experience in the last 15 mins when we've the game won but he was keeping better players sitting on the bench in this game. Turned out ok in the end with an exciting finish to the game, but imo Cadden and Mullin would've had it won for us a lot sooner playing from the start.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Brilliant, cheers.

I know it was only the challenge cup but you can never beat that feeling of a last minute winner and celebrating with the team, especially after a long journey, I'm the one going insane that makes it to the team first, tripping people up on the way down the stairs, sorry to whoever that was hahaha.