Livingston - all the threads merged

28 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

I did read it, you said you have freed up £300 of wages which you claimed is one and a bit players. And I'm telling you as fact that both these players will be on closer to double £300pw.

I can assure you that Livingston aren't paying anywhere near £600pw in wages, as I said further up the maximum wage we will be handing to anyone would be around £350-£400. 

Most of our squad is paid between 2-300 a week, with 3 or 4 on the higher £350-400 and youth players probably on less. 

9 hours ago, Aufc said:

I don't think it is. Most normal Airdrie accept that Livi (even before these signings) were the best team in the league and would win the league comfortably. These signings only reinforce that idea. At the start of the season, it was widely acknowledged that Livi were goinf baws oot to get promoted. Since then they have added some quality signings at this level.

Now some of these have been tagged "oh aye he is putting himself in the window". However they still need to be paid for.

I find for every Airdrie fan that is having a wee moan about these signings, there are equal amount of Livi fans putting their heed in the sand regarding their clubs financial spending.

Myself, I don't particularly care. If Livi want to do that then fill your boots. I am just content that my wee club has shown a wee bit of ambition and tried something different with the full time aspect and the whole trust sponsorship. Added bonus that we are at the top end of the league with hopefully a play off place off to give some excitement.

I think you should have a read at the pre season predictions thread, Not many have Livi winning the league, and most thought Alloa would stroll it, with us somewhere below 3rd.

Since we started signing players (a few weeks back with De Vita) there's been a lot of Airdrie fans making all sorts of spurious claims about our wage bill. It looks like you all got your hopes up after making a surge up the table to 2nd place and were already lifting the League One trophy, but are deflated seeing Livi making good signings that will improve our chances of winning the league.

8 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I can assure you that Livingston aren't paying anywhere near £600pw in wages, as I said further up the maximum wage we will be handing to anyone would be around £350-£400. 

Most of our squad is paid between 2-300 a week, with 3 or 4 on the higher £350-400 and youth players probably on less. 

Not saying £600pw but it will be closer to double than £300pw. My guess would be Millar being paid similar to his wage at queens as he has been playing week in week out. 

1 minute ago, Broony88 said:

Not saying £600pw but it will be closer to double than £300pw. My guess would be Millar being paid similar to his wage at queens as he has been playing week in week out. 

"Both of these players will be on closer to double £300" so £550 then ?

It's just not happening, as much as you want to keep believing it, it's not happening.

Bit disappointed about Watt leaving, looked a decent wee player, and just needed run of games to get himself established in the starting 11. Sinclair has had even less appearances that Watt though, was expecting him to be away before Watt. Prob the best move for him going to Brechin, did well for them last season and will at least get a chance there.

De Vita, Gallagher and Millar are all experienced players playing at a higher level, so obv they're improving our squad, and with Carrick scoring goals last month too we've strengthened in every out field area. Hopefully Kelly stays on for the rest of the season though or we're going to need another keeper brought in.

If Pittman and Buchanan get their contracts extended then it will be the icing on the cake.

I think you should have a read at the pre season predictions thread, Not many have Livi winning the league, and most thought Alloa would stroll it, with us somewhere below 3rd.
Since we started signing players (a few weeks back with De Vita) there's been a lot of Airdrie fans making all sorts of spurious claims about our wage bill. It looks like you all got your hopes up after making a surge up the table to 2nd place and were already lifting the League One trophy, but are deflated seeing Livi making good signings that will improve our chances of winning the league.

This

The last couple of weeks Airdrie fans have been getting confident saying that they will win the league after a couple of good results against nobodies. Now that Livi are showing the power we have over our title challengers they're moaning about our wages and saying we were always favourites to win the league. They're just pure bitter.

32 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Well of course you are going to say that, you are a fanboy.

7 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Sorry about the spelling mistake; it was not intended. Can anyone else confirm that Livingston have paid?

Not to be too pedantic but I just noticed that LogieLivi was quick to pounce on my genuine mistake in spelling, but he appears to think there is a team called Airdrie to which said payment has been made. I can't find that team in the SPFL. It is also a pity that Cadden at least does not get a capital letter in his surname; mind you maybe watt doesn't. Maybe we all need proof reading before we post. happy New Year

Not to be too pedantic but I just noticed that LogieLivi was quick to pounce on my genuine mistake in spelling, but he appears to think there is a team called Airdrie to which said payment has been made. I can't find that team in the SPFL. It is also a pity that Cadden at least does not get a capital letter in his surname; mind you maybe watt doesn't. Maybe we all need proof reading before we post. happy New Year

7248e53e79f2bc0693006ce229229582.jpg
I found them sitting second in League 1 surprisingly enough.
Typing on phone so capitals eluded me for that one sentence.

1 hour ago, Snakebite said:

Well of course you are going to say that, you are a fanboy.

Aww such a cutie, don't be insecure just tell me you like me :wub: btw excellent contribution to this adult conversation, thank you. 

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

"Both of these players will be on closer to double £300" so £550 then ?

It's just not happening, as much as you want to keep believing it, it's not happening.

Just to give you a hand anything from £451 is closer to double doesn't have to be £550. Keep thinking these players will be on buttons when they clearly aren't. They are players who could have secured a championship deal but are at livi for a reason. 

9 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Just to give you a hand anything from £451 is closer to double doesn't have to be £550. Keep thinking these players will be on buttons when they clearly aren't. They are players who could have secured a championship deal but are at livi for a reason. 

My apologies I misread your post, I do understand what your trying to say, but as I said in an earlier post the highest wage we'll be paying this season will be £400.

Gallagher had offers from elsewhere for much higher wages and when I say much higher I mean double but wanted to sign with us because we stuck by him in the past.