Livingston - all the threads merged

If you've been to the paintball at Winchburgh, you'll know you get given a "smoke grenade" there. When you ignite it, yellow smoke billows out. I assume that's what some boys in C3 used to create the yellow smoke after Yengi's goal. At half time around three of them were chucked out, all looked between ages 12-14. I found the sight of club officials in suits doing this to the boys very annoying. The smoke was limited to where the boys themselves were and therefore was of no concern to any other spectators. 

1 hour ago, Livi said:

Today its the turn of Wilson vrs Burskens 😀 

Is there any more info about this case? All I've heard is that Beurskens feels he was due Wilson's shares when he retired, however given Robert Wilson is involved in the case it seems like a weak claim to start with?

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

If you've been to the paintball at Winchburgh, you'll know you get given a "smoke grenade" there. When you ignite it, yellow smoke billows out. I assume that's what some boys in C3 used to create the yellow smoke after Yengi's goal. At half time around three of them were chucked out, all looked between ages 12-14. I found the sight of club officials in suits doing this to the boys very annoying. The smoke was limited to where the boys themselves were and therefore was of no concern to any other spectators. 

Sorry but I found the smoke quite annoying but if my wife had been there it would have put her in hospital with her health issues. I therefore don't agree with your they're only having fun line.

Stadiums are no-smoking for a reason.

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Still counts as pyro though, laws are fairly clear about their use. I'll imagine they've just ordered them online though, plenty of sites to pick them up cheaply enough. I don't mind them and think they enhance the atmosphere of the game but needs a clear space set up for usage.

Club will have liability if they don't deal with it, if you're using it, just pop it and drop it at your feet. Police are using video cameras to see who's holding it and then using that footage to go and remove/ban people now. A lot of St Mirren's Northbank had issues with the police turning up at their door 8am the day after a game. They'll identify you and get you alone at your house for the crime of creating smoke at the football :D 

4 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Sorry but I found the smoke quite annoying but if my wife had been there it would have put her in hospital with her health issues. I therefore don't agree with your they're only having fun line.

Stadiums are no-smoking for a reason.

No need to apologise especially for such a valuable insight. Thanks for sharing.

11 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Whitburn actively encourage pyro/ultras at their home games and hav  built a section in the shed for the laddies........

Think a big part of the issue is the SFA/SPFL regulations. At a lower level it'll get overlooked but we can barely get safe standing organised without costing clubs a lot of money. Club's probably liable for any injury that comes from it too. I'm a huge fan of it but it just takes one idiot to use it wrong.

Just now, ATLIS said:

Think a big part of the issue is the SFA/SPFL regulations. At a lower level it'll get overlooked but we can barely get safe standing organised without costing clubs a lot of money. Club's probably liable for any injury that comes from it too. I'm a huge fan of it but it just takes one idiot to use it wrong.

Agree Atlis,just feel as a club for too long we've had an element within the support who look down their nose at let's say the naughtier element within .

Unfortunately for them,that's football and it will always attract an element that live on the edge.

Agree the regulations are entirely different between the Scot Premiership and the EoSFL 1st Division. 

But a balance could be struck,instead of heavy handedness by the stewards.

These laddies are the future of the club,they're support for example at Firhill was 2nd to none .

2 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Agree Atlis,just feel as a club for too long we've had an element within the support who look down their nose at let's say the naughtier element within .

Unfortunately for them,that's football and it will always attract an element that live on the edge.

Agree the regulations are entirely different between the Scot Premiership and the EoSFL 1st Division. 

But a balance could be struck,instead of heavy handedness by the stewards.

These laddies are the future of the club,they're support for example at Firhill was 2nd to none .

Seems to just become the natural balance of things, stewards vs fans. Shame as it shouldn't have to be, you shouldn't feel like you're being constantly watched for an excuse to throw you out for the crime of being passionate at a game

Also imo,LFC need to tread carefully, as I mentioned above about Whitburn's rise,Broxburn could be playing Lowland League football next season and the attraction of watching them is already had some of our fans at their home games.......

2 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Also imo,LFC need to tread carefully, as I mentioned above about Whitburn's rise,Broxburn could be playing Lowland League football next season and the attraction of watching them is already had some of our fans at their home games.......

Had been thinking about that lately, could we see a scenario in 5/10 years where there's finally a bit of a local derby on the cards for us? Not sure who the biggest rivalry would be with but a lot of that depends on how everyone's seasons pan out. 

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Had been thinking about that lately, could we see a scenario in 5/10 years where there's finally a bit of a local derby on the cards for us? Not sure who the biggest rivalry would be with but a lot of that depends on how everyone's seasons pan out. 

Broxburn is the closest reasonable sized club to Livi but for me it has to be Linlithgow Rose......

They're no.2 in WL for me after us and when a match up happens, it will be class .

41 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Screenshot_20240219_091125_Photos.thumb.jpg.7afa2fba4e7e250edd604d2f2c7f7add.jpg

That's all fancy looking with the nice slabs, last time i was at a game there it was just ash and sleepers, broken glass and dog shite. Cut my elbow when i was a youngsters playing in the ground from some glass on a grass bank, got the scar from it still. 

Wonder if there's still a wide bar in the fence behind and to the right hand side of that stand, the space between the railings was wide enough to get your head through and sneak in for free when i was a youngster.😂

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That's all fancy looking with the nice slabs, last time i was at a game there it was just ash and sleepers, broken glass and dog shite. Cut my elbow when i was a youngsters playing in the ground from some glass on a grass bank, got the scar from it still. 

Wonder if there's still a wide bar in the fence behind and to the right hand side of that stand, the space between the railings was wide enough to get your head through and sneak in for free when i was a youngster.😂

Lol that way in is now barred !!

The club hav done fantastic amount of work at Central Park, slabbed the shed,added 300 seats. 

Built the ultras section. 

Built a wee 40 seater stand on opposite side of ground,along with new toilet facilities and new changing rooms.

Next up is floodlights. 

39 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Broxburn is the closest reasonable sized club to Livi but for me it has to be Linlithgow Rose......

They're no.2 in WL for me after us and when a match up happens, it will be class .

I've always had a soft spot for Lithgae even though Pumphy are my local team.

4 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Lol that way in is now barred !!

The club hav done fantastic amount of work at Central Park, slabbed the shed,added 300 seats. 

Built the ultras section. 

Built a wee 40 seater stand on opposite side of ground,along with new toilet facilities and new changing rooms.

Next up is floodlights. 

Toilet facilities, now they're just showing off, changed days.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Toilet facilities, now they're just showing off, changed days.

How about the two toilets at Annan Athletic -portaloo's but raised on some form of decking so, not only was the floor spongy, but bounced whenever walked on to the decking - impossible to hit the target - god help you if you needed to sit down

31 minutes ago, Durnford said:

How about the two toilets at Annan Athletic -portaloo's but raised on some form of decking so, not only was the floor spongy, but bounced whenever walked on to the decking - impossible to hit the target - god help you if you needed to sit down

Never been to Annan's ground, sounds a challenge, esp if you'd had a few.

Morton's ground had the strangest toilet set up, when you used to enter from the main street and walk up to the seated stand, and passed that toilet on your way up. It has channels in the floor that you have to step over walking in and out, full of piss running away from the wall you pee against.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Never been to Annan's ground, sounds a challenge, esp if you'd had a few.

Morton's ground had the strangest toilet set up, when you used to enter from the main street and walk up to the seated stand, and passed that toilet on your way up. It has channels in the floor that you have to step over walking in and out, full of piss running away from the wall you pee against.

Wasn't help by the coach arriving two hours early and the club house being very accommodating to away supporters.