Gazza

Bryan

Gazza departs York Street

EMPTY BOSTON United regret to announce that with immediate effect Paul Gascoigne has resigned from his position as player-coach.

Paul has expressed a desire to complete an intensive coaching course at Lilleshall in the near future and does aspire to play and enter management. He may indeed get that opportunity in the very near future.

Everyone at Boston United is saddened by his decision but thanks him for his extreme professionalism in the way he has conducted himself both on and off the field.

Boston United Football Club chairman Jon Sotnick commented: "It is a sad day but Paul feels he needs to fulfill his career aspirations. I personally will miss him and on behalf of everyone connected with our club, I wish him every success."

United manager Steve Evans echoed his chairman's comments and stated: "Paul has been an integral part of my management team and has played a key part in our recent success. It has indeed been an honour and a privilege to not only manage Paul but also to get to know him as a friend.

"He will always be welcome both here at the football club and at my family home. After speaking with Paul today at great length, I would like to think we will work together again, possibly sooner than people may imagine. As a friend and colleague I will miss him."

Has been linked with the morton job and maybe interested in Berwick :lol:

Guest Eric Tait Spurts

I read his book with an open mind... and concluded he's more of a total 2wat than I ever thought he was before. It's a shame, but he really does bring on his own problems. It'll be a circus if he gets another coaching job.

Archived