Berti Is Safe!

Ric

David Taylor says it, even if he DOES lose, he will not be sacked and Berti doesn't look like the resigning type*

* - that was until he was with Kuwait and did a runner to get a higher profile and (possibly) better paid position in Scotland.

Everyone was saying before the Norway game that a draw would be a good result due to the amount of injuries. We lost 1-0 because our keeper made a mistake and Faddy used his hand when he could have used his head - hardly Berties fault ;)

I can't understand David Taylor's situation other than to save a few quid.

I think that if the SFA do decide to terminate Berti's contract then Taylor's position becomes untenable. It was him that gave him the contract for two qualifying campaigns. I get the impression that Taylor could be trying to save his own back here.

Guest HughseyBhoy
I think that if the SFA do decide to terminate Berti's contract

I think we need a change aswell but who would replace him :huh:

Everyone was saying before the Norway game that a draw would be a good result due to the amount of injuries. We lost 1-0 because our keeper made a mistake and Faddy used his hand when he could have used his head - hardly Berties fault ;)

We lost because the tactics, team selection and substitutions were a disgrace. I have stuck by Vogts all this time, I have defended him in front of my mates, but enough is enough. The first thing I said on getting into the ground at 2.45 and seeing his bizarre team selection was that we would lose. A blind man would have seen the problems with our whole style of play. We had the players and tactics at our disposal to beat a poor Norway side, and we lost. One man is to blame for that.

If Scotland lose tonight, Berti's out, no question.

I've got a feeling that the media backlash has improved Berti's chances of staying.

David Taylor said himself that he stays until it's a mathematical impossibility - even if we lose to Moldova, no matter how improbable qualification is, it's still possible.

I think this is so that the SFA can sack him without paying compensation, either that or Taylors attempt to cover his back considering it was him who gave Berti the job in the first place.

Guest Braveheart

I think he will resign if we fail to pick up 3 points tonight. He has said all along that his target was to make Germany 2006. And if we get beat tonight realistically we cannot qualify.

Archived