New Scotland Boss

Davie Bhoy

Who would you choose as New Scotland Boss  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well folks if you were given the choice of selecting Scotlands New Boss when the time comes who would you choose. Obviously I've only put down the names I've heard banded about between mates, phone-ins and newspaper columns...no doubt you lot have heard some that aren't included on the list so feel free to add them or even your own choice.

Anyway let the best man be voted in.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Lambert???

Wim Jansen????

What sort of newspaper coloumns are you reading - Crack Head Times? LSD Gazette? ;)

To be perfectly honest, I'd say George Graham or Gordon Strachan.

Not many fill me with optimism though... :(

Guest Guinness_Alan
You know, I went out to watch the Motherwell-Rangers game on Sunday and when I was watching it I thought that Terry Butcher would do an excellent job as Scotland boss. It's just shame he's English

I was discussing Butcher with some mates at the weekend and we reckoned he's probably the only Englishman who would be accepted by the majority of the Scotland support. He's settled in Scotland, is an excellent manager and has good experience of international football. I would love to see him involved in some capacity, and I'm sure he would jump at the chance.

I think Lambert and Jansen were added just because of the Celtic link, and not seriously.

I also agree with the fact Butcher is probably the only English person people would accept. I wonder if Walter Smith gets the job, will Butcher get some sort of role with their Rangers connections *was Smith there when butcher was playing?*, be good to have someone who has a fair idea of the scottish game involved. Would also certainly get people fired up for games.

Guest BRFC Tartan Army
I was discussing Butcher with some mates at the weekend and we reckoned he's probably the only Englishman who would be accepted by the majority of the Scotland support. He's settled in Scotland, is an excellent manager and has good experience of international football. I would love to see him involved in some capacity, and I'm sure he would jump at the chance.

Agree with you, but I don't want any Englishman for the Scotland job.

*was Smith there when butcher was playing?*

I think they were both there at the same time. I'm sure that Smith was Souness' assitant for a while before he took over.

I was discussing Butcher with some mates at the weekend and we reckoned he's probably the only Englishman who would be accepted by the majority of the Scotland support.

I would actually accept Butcher as Scotland manager. When I made that comment about him being English I meant that you'd always get someone who'll complain about it.

I think Lambert and Jansen were added just because of the Celtic link, and not seriously.

I also agree with the fact Butcher is probably the only English person people would accept. I wonder if Walter Smith gets the job, will Butcher get some sort of role with their Rangers connections *was Smith there when butcher was playing?*, be good to have someone who has a fair idea of the scottish game involved. Would also certainly get people fired up for games.

Blue I was actually being serious about Jansen and Lambert...although they haven't been touted about much I have heard their names crop up on the radio and from mates down here and up there who are both Scottish and English.

Jansen turned an ordinary Celtic team into Double winners in one short season when the papers were saying Rangers had 3 teams who could win the 10 in a row season easily while Celtic would struggle to field one team...makes him worth considering at least. He can see each players talents...like Moving Larsson from someone who assists the front two to our actual striker. Putting Jackie McNamara from defence to Midfield

Lambert would not be a good shout as he's still to get some managerial experiance but I think he'd be worth having as an assistant. He has a great football head on him, has laods of experiance from grass roots to Champions League and International level and is someone all players in this country I'd imagine would look up to and respect. He's also close to completing his Coaching badge and has said how he'd love to become a manager and works closly with the management team at Parkhead...one for the future

I wouldn't want Walter Smith. He won the league in Scotland due to finance. No-one else could compete and he still narrowly won it 3 of the 9 when we still were re-building and loast it in the 10th when we were hardly full strength. Also when at Everton he was up against Bigger clubs and couldn't do anything and that was with a little bit of money to spend. In Scotland it'll be similar with him being at one of the weaker teams...only diff is he won't have ANY Money to spend due to the way National football is.

George Graham is a no no. Far too Dodgy to have anywhere near our National side. How long beforesome betting Scandal see's us getting punished from UEFA FIFA etc...just steer clear of him.

I would rather not have an Englishman as we'd get stick from down saff but if Butcher was offered the Job I can't say I wouldn't respect the decision as he does seem to have something to offer any team in terms of managment.

Like Most I'm hoping for Strachan....Can inspire and get the best out of players. Has the passion that is the one thing Scotland teams can always rely on as our best weapon. We'll never produce World Class players or if we do, enough to have a decent side so we need to get what we have and fire them up....Gordon's our man.

Guest BRFC Tartan Army
Like Most I'm hoping for Strachan....Can inspire and get the best out of players. Has the passion that is the one thing Scotland teams can always rely on as our best weapon. We'll never produce World Class players or if we do, enough to have a decent side so we need to get what we have and fire them up....Gordon's our man.

Not often I agree with a Celtic fan

Guest Bhoys67

I'd give you Canadian boss Frank Yallop, not only has he got us knocked out of

the world cup at this early stage, he has destroyed any chance of advancing in future years. But I could do that to Scotland, you have you own worries.

Frank Yallop as the new boss of...............................rangers FC :lol:

Well folks if you were given the choice of selecting Scotlands New Boss when the time comes who would you choose. Obviously I've only put down the names I've heard banded about between mates, phone-ins and newspaper columns...no doubt you lot have heard some that aren't included on the list so feel free to add them or even your own choice.

Anyway let the best man be voted in.

http://www.pieandbovril.co.uk/forum/index....showtopic=10748

:rolleyes::whistle

Archived