Everton Continue Run

ICTChris

Everton won again today, 3-2 at Norwich, to stay clear in 3rd place in the Premiership, an amazing achievement considering the resources they have and the summer of complete turmoil. However, the Toffees seems to have turned all this to their advantage and used the adversity to forge excellent team spirit and gain some superb results. It might not be pretty but Moyes' 4-5-1 formation certainly works and his only summer signings Tim Cahill and Marcus Bent seem to be working out just as the manager intended. Even old war-horses like David Weir are producing excellent form and Duncan Ferguson has been coming off the bench to effect (see his brilliant run to create space for Cahill against Pompey and his vital header today).

Obviously, no-one (least of all Moyes) expects this form to continue but with money apparently available in January could Everton use this to put down a foundation for a more successful future?

_40448293_dunc_pa300.jpg

Duncan Ferguson won't play for Scotland again, to be honest, his body probably couldn't take the extra games. He's been boss coming off the bench for the Toffees this season.

If it wasn't for his injuries he really could've been a Scotland great :(

2004102400060887.jpg

Guest fling_yer_bunnet_in_the_air_son

...Bollox. If it wasn't for his ned-like aTITude & his liking for beating up guys on cruches he MIGHT have been a legend. He's just an Arse javascript:emoticon(':angry:')

javascript:emoticon(':angry:')

Nice touch

I'm happy to see Everton doing well. They have a good squad and deserve to be where they are. They have shown that even without Rooney they are a good side. One thing however, have they played any of the better sides in the league?

I dont know who they played yet, but tehy had the same season 2 years back whe n Moyes first took charge, had a great year, then struggled last year, be interesting to see if they can stay up there, especially with some cash to spend in January.

...Bollox. If it wasn't for his ned-like aTITude & his liking for beating up guys on cruches he MIGHT have been a legend. He's just an Arse javascript:emoticon(':angry:')

Totally agree. He's just another w**ker who turned his back on Scotland. Most people would walk over hot coals to play for their country. I hope he ruptures his spleen.

Totally agree. He's just another w**ker who turned his back on Scotland. Most people would walk over hot coals to play for their country. I hope he ruptures his spleen.

Aye, the SFA really treated him well didn't they? Did they not delay the ban he recieved for a headbutt so that he couldn't serve it concurrently with his jail term, punishing him twice for the same offence?

Bollox. If it wasn't for his ned-like aTITude & his liking for beating up guys on cruches he MIGHT have been a legend. He's just an Arse javascript:emoticon(':angry:')

He may have done a few stupid things when he was young, but if you read comments by Everton players (Marcus Bent and James McFadden to name but two) he helps young and new players out and is a motivational and mature voice in the dressing room.

Aye, the SFA really treated him well didn't they? Did they not delay the ban he recieved for a headbutt so that he couldn't serve it concurrently with his jail term, punishing him twice for the same offence?

Couldn't give a toss Chris. As I've said, I'd expect hgim to be prepared to walk over hot coals to play for Scotland. The way he was treated was poor and I would be the first to condemn the regimes of Ernie w**ker and Jim Farry but Fergie is still a w**k.

How is Stubbs getting a game in front of Yobo? :blink:

Everton have had about six clean sheets with Stubbs and Weir so far this season, which probably explains it.

Couldn't give a toss Chris

Surely you can understand why a player would give a toss if an organisation were grossly unfair on him and he was then expected to represent them! Ferguson thought (one assumes seeing as he doesn't do interviews) 'why should I help these guys out when they fvcked me over?'

Everton have had about six clean sheets with Stubbs and Weir so far this season, which probably explains it.

Surely you can understand why a player would give a toss if an organisation were grossly unfair on him and he was then expected to represent them!  Ferguson thought (one assumes seeing as he doesn't do interviews) 'why should I help these guys out when they fvcked me over?'

I see where you're coming from but disagree entirely. It's not as if he was getting paid for it. You play for your country because it's an opportunity to represent your country. Whether that be at bowls, football, cricket or anything representing your country can surely be the greatest thing any sportsman can possibly achieve. I understand he was disgruntled with the SFA but who lost out. Ferguson and the Scottish fans. Not the SFA.

You don't get paid for playing for your country and nor should you. You do it for the love of your country, or at least you should. Ferguson should have sallowed his pride and played for Scotland at every available opportunity. I wouldn't care supposing he had a voodoo doll of Farry and Walker. I wouldn't care if he never gave them the time of day. He should have risen above their pettiness and taken the moral high ground. However, he stooped to their level and is therefor a non-person in the eyes of this Scotsman.

• 4 weeks later...
Both Everton and Bolton are doing superbly. Great managers with great systems and hard-working players.

Bolton aren't winning many fans with their physical style of play but f'ck it, I think it's great. It's probably just sour grape from the managers who they have taken points off.

Archived