New Wolves Manager?

bob_mcshug

Who do you think will/should get the Wolves job. Theres a lot of decent candidates out there but i think Gordon Strachan should get it!!! :P

I actually think it's not too far fetched an idea either. :blink:

To be more realistic though, i'm honestly not sure who will get the job.

Special mention to Dave Jones though who did a good job at Molineux, although it was definately time to go. Best of luck in the future DJ.

Yep he hasnt had the best of histories but is a decent manager, he had Southampton playing well before he had to leave for non football reasons, and then managed to get Wolves into the Premiership finally, even tho it was only for 1 year.

he better not!!

it wouldnt be a good appointment IMO. none of the people touted so far overly impress me:

Tigana, Megson, Ince, even Micky Adams.

Needs to be someone inspirational who can take them back to the Premiership.

I'm only going with what CEEFAX was saying, Bob. ;)

Wolves is an attractive job, you look at the job Dowie's done at Palace, shows there is good managers out there!

just missed out on Levein as well ! :rolleyes:<_<

I think that someone in the mould of a Steve Bruce or and Iain Dowie would be the right kind of appointment - i just can't think of anyone of the top of my head.

Colin Calderwood?  :unsure:

hmmm....he's not exactly set the heather on fire in 'league 2' though. ;)

here's the odds at the moment:

Megson 2/1

Strachan 2/1 :D

Adams 9/2

Ince 10/1

Gregory 12/1 :ph34r:

Bryan Robson 16/1 :ph34r:

Ronnie Moore 16/1

Danny Wilson 16/1 :ph34r:

Ian Holloway 25/1 :D

Cotterill 25/1

Platt 33/1

George Graham 33/1

Steve Bull 50/1

Andy Gray 50/1

unfortunately, the only 2 from that list that i'd like, almost certainly wouldnt come! :(

i also saw that Stuart Baxter's name has been mentioned as an outside bet - not like him to be linked with a managers job! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Ian Holloway has been very well backed apparently and is now odds-on favourite with Blue Square..If rumours are true,Redknapp is thinking of resigning from Pompey after today's game and if that is the case then he could be one to consider..

The man Wolves NEED is Gary Megson because he is excellent at getting teams out of the Div but is outclassed when he goes up in class..

Ian Holloway has been very well backed apparently and is now odds-on favourite with Blue Square..If rumours are true,Redknapp is thinking of resigning from Pompey after today's game and if that is the case then he could be one to consider..

The man Wolves NEED is Gary Megson because he is excellent at getting teams out of the Div but is outclassed when he goes up in class..

hmmm.....i dont think Megson is the worst candidate but i'd rather see Holloway or Redknapp.

Holloway is a motivator too and has done brilliant at QPR.

Redknapp has been there before and has good contacts within the game. ;)

the downside with megson is his tesco bags played boring football.

Archived