Arsenal's Carling Cup Team

Guest Arab

They have done this for a while now, when they play there Youths and Reserves. So far they have beat a few Premiership Teams, do you think they should give all there 1st Team players a break for 2weeks or so and let the Youths/Reserves take over <_<

Why not give all these guy a run out in the diddy cup. They are obviously good enough to play at the highest level already.

I was watching Charlie Nicholas watching the game on Sky last night and he was waxing lyrical about these guys. Apparantly they were fantastic. Dont forget they beat the first team of the team third in the EPL at the moment.

Must be good to be an Arsenal supporter these days looking at the riches available to them over the next few years :(

However to be honest, these "reserve" players playing for Arsenal and teams like that would be first team players in the other teams. As has also been pointed out in other parts of this forum, yes they beat Everton and did well, but i feel the 3rd place in the league is a little offputting for them.

As for giving the arsenal reserves a chance, ofcourse it would be an idea. Arsenal as ive said are full of pampered kids the way they act, and if the game isnt "big" enough for them they seem to hardly try, they lost their unbeaten record so now go in a slump which i would have expected to happen.

Guest Eric Tait Spurts

United vs. the Little Princesses next round at O/T... bring em on so we can run all over Wenger's toyboys ;)

BTW - Lonely Boy.... Poor showing at Stabfield tonight for Emlyn don't you think...?

The problem is that with such an embarrasment of riches it is hard to keep them all happy. Charlie Nicholas said that he did an Arsenal Carling Cup game last season and only one of the players that were in that team was playing this season. Only one or two will stay long enough to break through into the first team.

Aye but David Bentley is on loan at Norwich trying to gain enough experience to get into the Arsenal first team. If he doesn't they'll get a few million for him. Win, win.

I suppose there is always that. It's actually a model that lot more Scottish clubs should be looking to copy.

Archived