The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Metallica are a great live band, the ronseal of stadium rock.

Not bought an album since AJFA right enough...

You should give it a try, you're missing out on some great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, probably by me, among others! Their early stuff means they'll always have that link to metal regardless. Can't wait to see them at the ABC2 in September.

Very much a metal band early on, but a consistently great band for some time now.

DomDom, try "We're Here Because We're Here", "Falling Deeper" or "Weather Systems" for more great stuff, all with great vocals from Lee.

They were awesome at Download this year and I wouldn't miss the ABC gig for anything.

Never seen Metallica live, wasn't really into them before,but watched them(red buttonon Beeb) with my son and they were fuckin amazing!!!!

Totally owned Glasto, watched Kasabian closing the festival and although I quite liked them, they were absolute pants in comparison to messers Ulrich et al !

Where you seen them? I considered Milton Keynes but they've played Scotland twice in all the years they've been going so they can suck my balls for forking out going to Milton Keynes.

Obviously not metal but the floodgates are open.

Saw them last week in Leeds, wonderful gig, by no means my favourite band but excellent show.

Also saw them in 95 at Reading with Neil Young.

Edited by Rabinho

Obviously not metal but the floodgates are open.

Saw them last week in Leeds, wonderful gig, by no means my favourite band but excellent show.

Also saw them in 95 at Reading with Neil Young.

I'm awaiting the invention of time travel for this.