The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Cracking line-up for North of the Wall, Morton's season'll probably be dead by then but I'll wait and see if I want to miss Dunfermline away or not.

Was anyone at Sikth on Wednesday? Absolutely tremendous.

Really wanted to go, but took my flatmate to bonfire night. Did they play any new stuff?

Slipknot for Download - can we expect Scorps and FNM as well?

Just looked at Hellfest poster more closely - who the Donald duck thought Cock and Ball Torture was a good idea for a band name?

Edited by Audaces Fortuna Juvat

I look forward to the 'THAT'S NOT TEH METULZ!!!!1111!!' seethe about Muse.

2014 was my first time at Hellfest, had an incredible time but need to make a decision soon as there is absolutely no chance I can handle doing both Download and Hellfest again, my body was falling apart by the Friday night of Hellfest. I'm hoping Download get their undercard out more quickly than usual to help me decide as Hellfest sold out early in January last year and have reduced their capacity this time.

The Hellfest line-up's tremendous but while I'll happily see them again I've seen most of the bands I care about there before so I'll wait and see if Download pulls out any big surprises. I also want some absurdly accurate weather forecast that can confirm several months in advance that the temperature at Hellfest will never be over 25 degrees: the heat was unbearable.

Problem Download has is there are only so many Metal styled headliner sized bands kicking about. End up with same headliners revisiting every second year. Wouldn't be a bad idea for them to head down a metal/heavy alternative festival like Leeds/Reading was like 12 years ago. Muse is a very good start.