Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

4 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I wasn't even upset about The Hound dying.

I hope Danny blasts Sansa with a fireball.

I reckon it'd have been a better ending if Dany had just obliterated absolutely everyone and then next week could just be an hour of Dany rocking back and forth looking like this:

Image result for crazy gif

One thing I want to know after watching next weeks trailer is where the f**k have all the Unsullied and Dothraki come from??   It looked like she had more than at Winterfell even though most of them died at Winterfell.  

Theres no denying it's been a bit rushed in general but still been an enjoyable watch.  She was always going to go mental and burn the city.  The amount of times they've mentioned when a Targaryen is born they toss a coin to see if they will be mental or not.  Jon is clearly not mental so she was always going to be.    

44 minutes ago, Eric said:

One thing I want to know after watching next weeks trailer is where the f**k have all the Unsullied and Dothraki come from??   It looked like she had more than at Winterfell even though most of them died at Winterfell.  

Theres no denying it's been a bit rushed in general but still been an enjoyable watch.  She was always going to go mental and burn the city.  The amount of times they've mentioned when a Targaryen is born they toss a coin to see if they will be mental or not.  Jon is clearly not mental so she was always going to be.    

A better twist would have been Jon being the one who goes mental. It would at least make him something more interesting than a saint (or what passes for a saint in that world). Having him just emulate Ned Stark also gives mixed messages - is the show implying that nurture wins out over nature? If so, why the emphasis on Dany being unable to escape her Targarayan nature?

32 minutes ago, Antlion said:

A better twist would have been Jon being the one who goes mental. It would at least make him something more interesting than a saint (or what passes for a saint in that world). Having him just emulate Ned Stark also gives mixed messages - is the show implying that nurture wins out over nature? If so, why the emphasis on Dany being unable to escape her Targarayan nature?

Because Targaryen kids are usually born from incest. Jon's mum was a Stark.

It's apparently the incestuous line that go mental.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

They very clearly (and a bit too conveniently) told you in Episode 4 at the war-council that they had lost half of the Unsullied, and half of the Dothraki. And half of the Northmen. And half of the Knights of the Vale.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Because Targaryen kids are usually born from incest. Jon's mum was a Stark.

It's apparently the incestuous line that go mental.

Daenerys' parents were brother and sister.

Whilst I understand the disappointment that most people have had over the last episode I really enjoyed it and thought it made up for a lot of the poor writing over the past couple of series. 

Whilst watching the final series I've also been rewatching 1-7 with the missus. The slow build of Dany doing next to nothing in the East was far more infuriating for me than the 'quick' heel turn. She has waited a long time to get anywhere near this throne and has gone about it the right way. Built a number of armies, helped out Jon in the North, taken poor advice from Tyrion (losing the iron fleet and Highgarden for example), try to convince Cersei to fight with them. In the end when it finally came time for her war she felt let down by Varys, Tyrion, Jon.. All 'foreigners' to her - the only people she can really trust by the time of the war are the Dothraki and the Unsullied (and the Seven Sons). As someone stated earlier when the bell rang she it was difficult to tell exactly what her next action would be - the 'f**k it, f**k the lot of yees' reaction was perfect and fitting imo. As much as I've disliked most of her acting and the scenes they've given her I've found the storyline very interesting. I hope she realises that home for her is actually in the East and takes her armies home to rule the people that she cares about. However I fear Jon will off her in the final episode. My only gripe with the last episode is that Cersei deserved a big death.

The past couple of series have been mostly poor - the plot to show Cersei one of the dead was one of the worst things that has ever been written. The night king being so easily defeated pretty much ruined the whole show for me.

I get that everyone has an opinion and the theories and build up to GoT was unprecendted. In the end it's GRRM's story and then the writers of the show - it doesn't sit well with me that fans get annoyed because they don't get what they want. But with the build up of the white walkers from the very first episode up to the final series I think that deserved to be the main storyline in the end. I would have liked to have seen the living wipe each other out then the dead come along and clean up. Then for there to be some twist where the night king is the good guy. Or something like that. To have this hanging over mankind just for him to let his guard down (why didn't the dothraki come back dead, why didn't he just wait it out until everyone was dead etc).

Anyway - it has been a cracking ride and I've spent a fair bit of free time getting excited about what's going to happen next. It hasn't been as solid as most would like. Some characters travel around at lightning speed, avoid death when it is certain... It's a show featuring dragons, a dead army, a fire god and a shadow man bursting out of a witches fanny - I can deal with some of it being far-fetched.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes. Which means what I said was entirely accurate. 

Yep.  Cersei and Jamie should've just gone with it and claimed the throne as a couple of sibling-fucking royal mentalists.  it's what the people need.

26 minutes ago, alr said:

Whilst I understand the disappointment that most people have had over the last episode I really enjoyed it and thought it made up for a lot of the poor writing over the past couple of series. 

Whilst watching the final series I've also been rewatching 1-7 with the missus. The slow build of Dany doing next to nothing in the East was far more infuriating for me than the 'quick' heel turn. She has waited a long time to get anywhere near this throne and has gone about it the right way. Built a number of armies, helped out Jon in the North, taken poor advice from Tyrion (losing the iron fleet and Highgarden for example), try to convince Cersei to fight with them. In the end when it finally came time for her war she felt let down by Varys, Tyrion, Jon.. All 'foreigners' to her - the only people she can really trust by the time of the war are the Dothraki and the Unsullied (and the Seven Sons). As someone stated earlier when the bell rang she it was difficult to tell exactly what her next action would be - the 'f**k it, f**k the lot of yees' reaction was perfect and fitting imo. As much as I've disliked most of her acting and the scenes they've given her I've found the storyline very interesting. I hope she realises that home for her is actually in the East and takes her armies home to rule the people that she cares about. However I fear Jon will off her in the final episode. My only gripe with the last episode is that Cersei deserved a big death.

The past couple of series have been mostly poor - the plot to show Cersei one of the dead was one of the worst things that has ever been written. The night king being so easily defeated pretty much ruined the whole show for me.

I get that everyone has an opinion and the theories and build up to GoT was unprecendted. In the end it's GRRM's story and then the writers of the show - it doesn't sit well with me that fans get annoyed because they don't get what they want. But with the build up of the white walkers from the very first episode up to the final series I think that deserved to be the main storyline in the end. I would have liked to have seen the living wipe each other out then the dead come along and clean up. Then for there to be some twist where the night king is the good guy. Or something like that. To have this hanging over mankind just for him to let his guard down (why didn't the dothraki come back dead, why didn't he just wait it out until everyone was dead etc).

Anyway - it has been a cracking ride and I've spent a fair bit of free time getting excited about what's going to happen next. It hasn't been as solid as most would like. Some characters travel around at lightning speed, avoid death when it is certain... It's a show featuring dragons, a dead army, a fire god and a shadow man bursting out of a witches fanny - I can deal with some of it being far-fetched.

The fast travel! How the f**k did Danaerys get north of the wall in time to save the idiots who were on a suicide mission to capture a zambo? The early seasons had some tiresome travel sequences spread out over entire seasons. Now people are just suddenly able to be where they need to be to fight/be deus ex machinas. It kind of hurts the idea of the big, epic world that the books and early seasons created. It’s like the last disc of an old Final Fantasy game - once you have the airship you can zap yourself to places that took you hours of gameplay to get to earlier. 

Of all the crummy things this season, the whole plan to capture and show Cersei one of the undead (and everything around it) was the weakest. It’s a shame because the actual visuals of the creatures standing around the broken ice were really good; it’s just the plan and execution that made no sense. 

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Yep.  Cersei and Jamie should've just gone with it and claimed the throne as a couple of sibling-fucking royal mentalists.  it's what the people need.

Didn't one of them suggest that?